Do you want to want to see ship interiors and be able to walk aroun our ship

I'm still flabbergasted that anyone is putting any faith whatsoever in Bethesda.

And (without seeing any of Starfield's trailers), I'm gonna guess that it'd go the other way with that game: The ship (singular, probably) has a fully formed interior you can explore, but you can't fly it and nothing can be customized. Glorified fast travel, a la Borderlands 3.

... Wait, why didn't I think of this earlier!

Guys, go play Borderlands 3. All the ship interior you can choke down. You'll love it.

Why would I ever give money to Randy "Physically assaults his employees" Pitchford?

Bethesda made ONE BAD GAME. ONE. And has produced awesome games for decades. I think Bethesda deserves some faith.

I got maybe 40 hours into FO4 before literally forgetting about the game. 🤣 Never touched it again. Played FO 1-3+NV multiple times each.

Skyrim was so watered down. I bailed after killing a Dragon at level 5, nekkid and flailing twin maces. Spent God knows how many hours in Morrowind and Oblivion.

Bethesda has been dumbing and watering down their games hard for mass appeal.

Sorry...what? I dont think you understand this from a development point of view.

Wrecks in space or ship interiors requires artists to create the assets, the models the textures, ect. Having an interior space attached to a ship isn't necessarily a performance hit from a coding perspective: There are all kinds of ways to do that, one of the simplest is to have ship interiors loaded into some "other" space that you enter and exit through doorways. Thus the ship interiors are "stationary" in the world instance. Several games with vehicle interiors do this.

Meanwhile, whatever the implementation, station interiors ALREADY do this. When you're sitting in your docking bay in the station? You're attached to the station. The station is moving through world space, both rotating and orbiting. Ditto for the station concourses. So basically, the tech to do this is already coded into the game.
Yeah, and what’s the framerates in concourses?

You are in an object that is moving. Unless they make it impossible to see into or out of a ship, you need to track 3-D movement within the ship structure. Yeeting them out into a separate instance is a standard trick, but going to be harder in multiplayer than singleplayer.

You then run into the issue of artificial gravity. If it doesn’t exist, cheats won’t work. (It’s a safe bet that ships will have artificial gravity generators invented if a ship interior DLC appears.)

Referring to the OP: YES and YES, as it was promised from the get-go of the game. I have 2000+ hours on the game and hold a lifetime expansion pass, i.e. I do enjoy Elite a lot and I've thrown quite some money at Frontier. I'd like them to honour their promises and deliver on them and not keeping on blatantly ignoring their playerbase (and I'm not starting on all the work that still needs to be done on the game that's still there from before Odyssey...).

Yes, I want interiors! I'm not so much interested in FPS gaming. Only the "sneaky" part of EDO appeals to me somewhat.
But even interiors need some reason: Either have some nice gameplay or alt least supplement the space ship gaming – which to me is still, or should be, the core of ED.
Why I think it would be good: I played a little bit of Hellion back in the days. And I very much liked the "in Ship" / "in Station" / "EVA" experience, great! If I imagine something like that would be part of ED… (y)
(My problem with Hellion was the intense micromanagement and survival stuff, which – I have to admit – was advertised as a central aspect of the game. I want it somewhat more casual)

I'm absolutely fine with just ship interiors and little to no gameplay. I do, however, also need a ship with a balcony and a piano.
Playing Rachmaninov concerto while enjoying an alien sunset before being called upon to save the world is indeed an experience I hope one game will eventually offer.
Too bad ED got lost, it seemed pretty damn close to achieving greatness.

I got maybe 40 hours into FO4 before literally forgetting about the game. 🤣 Never touched it again. Played FO 1-3+NV multiple times each.
Personal counterpoint: I have more time in FO4 than my combined playtimes in FO 2-3+NV, by at least a couple hundred hours. Admittedly, 90% of that is playing with the settlement system, and a good half of that time is from Sim Settlements.

You then run into the issue of artificial gravity. If it doesn’t exist, cheats won’t work. (It’s a safe bet that ships will have artificial gravity generators invented if a ship interior DLC appears.)

I think we can quit pretending there’s no artificial gravity in ED, when none of the ship layouts make sense for zero-G, and when you get a “No gravity” warning when disembarking at an outpost, yet everyone at the bar is drinking out of an open top glass.

No to interior - if it's just walking around doing nothing! Waste of time !!

However - I do really want interior / exterior if (for example) :

You are in hyperspace and suddenly a huge bump.. knocking you off in witch space .. can't jump as your system map won't work anymore. You can hear footsteps on the roof of your ship.. Well, if you have installed the repair limpet, easy, if not..

You have got to go out and investigate (I'm sure your imagination can proceed with some gameplay here..).
If you are not careful, that thing can get inside your ship and you have to hunt it inside the "interior" ..you might die, depending how ferocious the creature(s) is/are and every few months or so, FDev will add some new creatures, robots, etc.. so plenty of game growth here.. yes ?

So, please include a game play if you really wish for interior.

Last edited:
Play Outer Worlds. Walk around in the Unreliable. You can’t fly it, you can’t fight other ships in it, you can’t even sit down in the cockpit. It’s less a ship and more a base that warps around.

BUT you can walk around in it. You can customize its interior (sort of). You can have conversations with and do quests involving its inhabitants.

I farking loved the thing. It felt way more like a home than any ship I’ve ever had in ED. And that’s why I’m ‘yes’ to ship interiors. My ED experience is akin to a relationship with my, erm, ship. Anything that deepens that bond is a plus to me.

Getting out of said ship and getting shot at by bullet-sponge npc’s? Boo!

Last edited:
Personal counterpoint: I have more time in FO4 than my combined playtimes in FO 2-3+NV, by at least a couple hundred hours. Admittedly, 90% of that is playing with the settlement system, and a good half of that time is from Sim Settlements.

Makes sense. I was irritated by having to babysit settlers when I just wanted to play wasteland murder hobo like I always had in FO. 🤷‍♂️

o7

Not for now. Because there are other core features for develop.
Anyway I'd prefer only custom our cockpit, because is our playground. And not the cargo hold. And my PC will be happier not wasting resources for nothing.

Did you walk a large ship in the hangar? Our commander must take a breath before reach the elevator.
A new engineer would have to be created: "Give me 40 Hush to increase your speed and decrease fatigue as you race through your ship to get to the cockpit"
If they make interiors give me a skip button ... or an electric scooter to travel through them.

Yes I want to walk around my ship.

I also want to walk around ELW's and their cities. I also want to land in the south 40 of somebody's farm and ask for directions.

I also want to do EVA missions, like satellite repair.

Top Bottom