Docking/Landing macro

I had an effective (if complicated) key sequence set up so that when I said "permission to dock" in VoiceAttack then the permission to land came up for both space stations and planets.

After the update it no longer works.

Are there any other key sequences/macros that now work?

The interface changed slightly for requesting docking, so you'll have to adapt it for the slightly revised keystrokes.

Are you using the HCS voice packs? If so there is an update that works with the revised docking interface. If not, you'll need to add a "right arrow" in there somewhere to get over to the new button on the contacts screen.

I have the same issue, I have made a new macro that works most of the time, but not always. Not sure what causes it to sometimes end up in the wrong tab. Has anybody made a reliable macro yet?

I think I had to change (or perhaps add) one keystroke to get my old VA command to work.

The current (new) macro does this:
1 > E > E > D > space > 1
Insert appropriate pause after keypress which is usually 0.75 seconds.
(Assumes you have pretty much default keyboard bindings set.)

This opens the left HUD, tabs through to contacts shifts from the top contact which is the station to the request docking option and selects it the closes the left HUD.

@Castillo - If I am not on the navigation (1st) tab of the left HUD then the command will not work as the keystrokes don't match. Usually changing instances such as entering and exiting SC will reset it, so it happens very rarely.

Grab a hcs voice pack. It will do this for you and more, plus a celebratory, or a few more, if you want to set it up, will chat back to you.

Really great value for money.

I think I had to change (or perhaps add) one keystroke to get my old VA command to work.

The current (new) macro does this:
1 > E > E > D > space > 1
Insert appropriate pause after keypress which is usually 0.75 seconds.
(Assumes you have pretty much default keyboard bindings set.)

This opens the left HUD, tabs through to contacts shifts from the top contact which is the station to the request docking option and selects it the closes the left HUD.

@Castillo - If I am not on the navigation (1st) tab of the left HUD then the command will not work as the keystrokes don't match. Usually changing instances such as entering and exiting SC will reset it, so it happens very rarely.

Ah yes, I've been core mining a bit and selling in the same system, and setting those charges messed up my tabs. Thanks for reminding me! Would be nice if there was a hotkey to go directly to tab 1.

Last edited:
Grab a hcs voice pack. It will do this for you and more, plus a celebratory, or a few more, if you want to set it up, will chat back to you.

Really great value for money.

They seem very good indeed, but I'm having a lot of fun doing my own "voicepacks" using Eddi. :)

Top Bottom