Does anything improve SC handling?

So I upgraded the thrusters on my T9 to 7A and also engineered the FSD to G3 today. Suddenly it seems to me that it’s handling a lot better in supercruise. What was was once painfully slow is just now slow. Am I imagining this? Does anything we upgrade or engineer affect supercruise handling?

No. As far as I know, all SC flight models are baked in. No modules affect SC handling at all.

That was my understanding too... That each ship has its own SC flight model that is irrespective of engineering.

That said, I'm not sure I've ever seen that assumption tested...

Am I imagining this?

Yep. The only thing affecting turn rate in supercruise you have control over is the throttle. From testing 0/25/50/75/100%, they turn fastest at 50%.

Should mention that they're in a couple different classes too, like the krait phantom, python, and corvette handle the same but the cutter is in the space whale category.

Last edited:
No. As far as I know, all SC flight models are baked in. No modules affect SC handling at all.
what they said ^^

imo SC flight models should differ in acceleration and deceleration times based on ship size / mass / agility,, but unfortunately nothing effects it, even if you stick 800T of cargo in your ship, or even double your ships base mass through outfitting + cargo...... No difference!

I agree that supercruise handling is, or at least was, baked into the ship, and cannot be affected by module upgrades. There used to be a line in the wikia for one of the Federal "3 piggies", I think it was the gunship, that said its supercruise handling was better than its normal manouevrability, but that line isn't there any more.

Top Bottom