Distant Worlds II Event Don't go to DW2 start system in Open

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
As reported elsewhere, I also found this out tonight. Join the fleetcom private group.

Yeah I'm already in there. I saw people in system chat about the gankers. I suggest the rest to join the group as well, it's quite fun.

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
It was only four ships destroyed a couple of hours ago. (this only includes EDSM users)

Pallaeni

Last edited:
Sure in Open one should suck it up if ganked, in a non-harassment manner.
Don't want to be ganked? Play in Solo / PG.

The only thing I find disappointed is the mah immersion aspect. Gal Net notes DW2 is upcoming (so The Game acknowledges it's existence), for consistent logic one would think security would be upped, and say have some ATR camped out ready, given the numbers and type of ships involved.

Anyway, meh. Same-old, same-old.
If the gankers jump into the DW PGs, then screenshot / video, combat log on them (allowed in these PGs iirc), and report to FDev.

We have a lot of new players around, would be a shame if they got bullied out of the game now.

Exactly this.

As an old school player and with lots of money in the bank I wasn't particularly bothered, (except for my rare alcohols), but new players could easily quit the game because of this.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
We have a lot of new players around, would be a shame if they got bullied out of the game now.
Exactly this.

As an old school player and with lots of money in the bank I wasn't particularly bothered, (except for my rare alcohols), but new players could easily quit the game because of this.
While I generally agree that ganking is bad for new players and will cause some quits, I don't believe there are that many really new players who join DW2.

Deleted member 115407

D
Sure in Open one should suck it up if ganked, in a non-harassment manner.
Don't want to be ganked? Play in Solo / PG.

The only thing I find disappointed is the mah immersion aspect. Gal Net notes DW2 is upcoming (so The Game acknowledges it's existence), for consistent logic one would think security would be upped, and say have some ATR camped out ready, given the numbers and type of ships involved.

Anyway, meh. Same-old, same-old.
If the gankers jump into the DW PGs, then screenshot / video, combat log on them (allowed in these PGs iirc), and report to FDev.

Who chose the jump-off point? I mean, when the DW beacon went in, who chose what system it would be added to?

Deleted member 115407

D

Exactly this.

I think many new players are more resilient than you give them credit for.

Who chose the jump-off point? I mean, when the DW beacon went in, who chose what system it would be added to?

Good point (with your follow up also). I would think that it wouldn't have been very difficult at all for the organizers to recruit a CAP of PvPr's to be at the jump off point on the appointed day for insurance and some great entertainment.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom