Dual engineered FSD stops ganking?

And again this nonsense: as if ganking would be a general and galaxy-wide problem. In this case I certainly would build a more sturdy exploration ship. But as it stands, it would be insane to increase your jump range by a module and then at the same cripple your ship again by defensive modules. Not with that incredible low possibility of being ganked - no way, ever. :p
Not really. That's exactly what I did, and I'm assuming others have done as well. Got the new FSD++ and replaced my lightweight alloys with lightweight reactive armour and added a HRP...leaving me with the same jump range I had previously, but with a slightly tougher ship. Makes perfect sense if you play open only.
Guardian sites and shard sites for example are a common place you're likely to meet a ganker, more so now since the introduction of fleet carriers where you can often bump into a FDL murder boat out in the black.
Maximising your jump range and minimising your defences is a sure way to get turned into toast within the blink of an eye.

Ganking is when someone in a g5 engineered ship attacks a paper hulled ship, at least that’s my understanding, if you don’t outfit and engineer well enough to survive this fsd will not save you.
This is one of those things where everyone's opinion varies. Most cmdrs I know and play with consider any unwanted pvp assault to be ganking.

This is one of those things where everyone's opinion varies. Most cmdrs I know and play with consider any unwanted pvp assault to be ganking.

I don’t agree as someone who has been ganked, pirated by a pirate and done some pvp piracy myself. I think ganking is when someone is going to kill you for zero reason other than they can.

if people don’t want “unwanted pvp assault” then play in solo or mobius private group, all the talk of. Being ganked etc is rather silly when you consider that you are able to play multiplayer in this game with whoever you want in a private group..

And if people are still keen to whine on forums that they got killed by a ganker in open they obviously have not equipped their ship well enough to do the role they were doing I open.

I've been in precisely one situation ever where groms made a difference to me escaping and the difference was "actually taking damage".

I've literally never been in a situation where someone's got away from me and left me thinking "man, I wish I'd brought a grom instead of this other hardpoint". Maybe because I'm not into ganking and most piracy targets are squishy enough that if their drives survive long enough for them to high-wake then an extra 40 seconds or so (bearing in mind that I'd be effectively down a hardpoint) wouldn't make that big a difference.

I don’t agree as someone who has been ganked, pirated by a pirate and done some pvp piracy myself. I think ganking is when someone is going to kill you for zero reason other than they can.

if people don’t want “unwanted pvp assault” then play in solo or mobius private group, all the talk of. Being ganked etc is rather silly when you consider that you are able to play multiplayer in this game with whoever you want in a private group..

And if people are still keen to whine on forums that they got killed by a ganker in open they obviously have not equipped their ship well enough to do the role they were doing I open.
I've been trying to bust this myth. It's a long time since I've seen anyone whine on this forum that they got killed by a ganker. It just doesn't happen: look down the list of threads. I think the idea that people "whine" about that is really spread by gankers to make themselves feel successful. The reality, as we all know, is that being killed by a ganker is entirely voluntary in this game and therefore not something anyone would complain about.

I've been trying to bust this myth. It's a long time since I've seen anyone whine on this forum that they got killed by a ganker. It just doesn't happen: look down the list of threads. I think the idea that people "whine" about that is really spread by gankers to make themselves feel successful. The reality, as we all know, is that being killed by a ganker is entirely voluntary in this game and therefore not something anyone would complain about.

sorry, I wasn’t suggesting people make threads about being ganked, but at some point it will get mentioned in many threads, for instance this thread mentions ganking. But regardless I am in agreement that being ganked is usually the victims fault..

Ay! This is very true, there are more posts about stopping ganking than people saying they were ganked, good observation that.

I've been in precisely one situation ever where groms made a difference to me escaping and the difference was "actually taking damage".

I've literally never been in a situation where someone's got away from me and left me thinking "man, I wish I'd brought a grom instead of this other hardpoint". Maybe because I'm not into ganking and most piracy targets are squishy enough that if their drives survive long enough for them to high-wake then an extra 40 seconds or so (bearing in mind that I'd be effectively down a hardpoint) wouldn't make that big a difference.

There was tons of times for me, where grom almost got me killed, but it was when I was under coordinated attack from 5-6 PvP'ers at once, but thanks to grom effect cooldown, been able to wake out, with some more or less damaged ship. But my point that is grom is really lethal if there is many attackers at once, not as much when there is single or two attackers. Such gank usualy only happens at places like deciat right above farseer base, or places like new galnet related POI such as crashed sites or new ruins, when I was bit unlucky with instancing.

Just because there is not many threads about "I was ganked at open, WHY", it certainly not means that aint happen at all. It happens everyday, been happen since launch and it will happen until servers retire. Because Elite : Dangeours.

the current meme is people that go to war CGs and then get mad in system chat because someone shot at them

I wish there was an easier way to export chat logs or something because whew some of those conversations have been hilarious
^
This is mostly why ppl dont complain as much these days on forums or elsewhere, cuz they can complain in-game at system chat. Atleast most of them. Before system chat was a thing, they had nowhere to go and cry about it (in-game), so naturally there it was more of that at forums or reddit. But thanks for system chat feature, they can complain about it right after when they go back from rebui screen. Simple yet beautiful.

Like screenmonster said, I would even say that instead rather than sometimes, its more quite often when system chat at CG or deciat is more than "hilarious", just grab a popcorn and enjoy.

With the common availability of the CG reward/techbroker c5A FSD with increased range and fast boot,
will this slowly phase out most ganking?
Usual loadouts for gankers included a grom containement missile or a similar engineered dumbfire.
A hit reboots the FSD, giving the ganker additional 10 seconds plus new spool up and propably some time to reselect the target.
With fast boot, this is reduced by 8 seconds, a significant time.
Many ships like the Fed and Alliance ships, the AspX and DBX, and the Python use this class.

So what do you think? Will this reduce ganking significantly?
Or will this make no difference as the people who get the dual drive won't be ganked anyways?
The problem with most people getting ganked is three things which usually gets them sent to the rebuy screen long before they need to worry about rebooting there FSD quickly. Firstly they dont submit to the interdiction which is going to give a fully eng PVP ship a nice long time to blow then to bits while waiting for the cool down 40 seconds against 10 seconds if you submit. Secondly they dont have a high wake target set up ready, you should always high wake never try to low wake. You cant be mass locked if you high wake. Thirdly They just underestimate how quickly their badly protected ship is going to be destroyed. Most gankers never require to grom you they just let you make all the usual mistakes that lead you to the rebuy screen time and time again. I would never fit a grom bomb or engineered dumb fire missiles, Just the G5 Thermal conduit PA's are good enough. As to reboots if you do reboot their FSD it would usually send them into a blind panic anyway no matter how much quicker it is.

The problem with most people getting ganked is three things which usually gets them sent to the rebuy screen long before they need to worry about rebooting there FSD quickly. Firstly they dont submit to the interdiction which is going to give a fully eng PVP ship a nice long time to blow then to bits while waiting for the cool down 40 seconds against 10 seconds if you submit. Secondly they dont have a high wake target set up ready, you should always high wake never try to low wake. You cant be mass locked if you high wake. Thirdly They just underestimate how quickly their badly protected ship is going to be destroyed. Most gankers never require to grom you they just let you make all the usual mistakes that lead you to the rebuy screen time and time again. I would never fit a grom bomb or engineered dumb fire missiles, Just the G5 Thermal conduit PA's are good enough. As to reboots if you do reboot their FSD it would usually send them into a blind panic anyway no matter how much quicker it is.
Many gankers, including some prolific ones (coughdangerousdotcomcough) do equip grom bombs at least some of the time. If your ship is less agile than the PvP meta, a fast-boot FSD is essential to survive in open, unless you want to depend on luck.

Stamps my feet and whiiiines

Its not fffaiiiirrr.... i want the dual engineered hotsy goodness in a class 2A for my beautifully crappy Sidewinder!

Like, i'll trade all three, the class 3,4 and 6 for it!

I'll even do the things to get the class 5 and throw it in too!

Stamps my feet and whiiiines

Its not fffaiiiirrr.... i want the dual engineered hotsy goodness in a class 2A for my beautifully crappy Sidewinder!

Like, i'll trade all three, the class 3,4 and 6 for it!

I'll even do the things to get the class 5 and throw it in too!
I was surprised they excluded class 2.

Top Bottom