Dual Universe

Yeah that's my thoughts as well. Quite a few times I've been tempted to back but I'm just going to hold off. Plenty of other games I need to get through :)

i just remembered Dual Universe yesterday and wanted to check its status.

now... if i remember correctly, Dual Universe is pure player based, with no NPC "life" at all.

Yeah, for what it's worth Dual Universe gives confidence in their technical abilities, however many of their promises feel very snake oilery (we will see when it all comes down to production). As for time frame it really surprises me no at all. All these projects will be late, will take long time to complete, and that's without added taste of incompetence like with CIG.

If anyone is ready to wait for that long, sure :)

Not guaranteed to run on win7.
Buh bye.

I suspect by the time it comes out many of us will probably have upgraded from Win7 anyway.
Good enough for me tbh, i won't consider spending until i have seen post-release reviews.
Trickier for those who want in at an early stage, yes.

As was Windows 2000, and I initially lamented Windows 7....but I moved on and wouldn't countenace going back to either of those two OS's now.

Have fun using exclusively Win 7 in 2020.
Last comment from me on this, as it's going too off topic, I'm sticking to my convictions, and all my game purchases are linux/steam play only.
Which means that as of right now, I'm holding back from X4 purchase until their nix release.
Anywho, sorry for that everyone.

I can see Space Engineers, Skywanderers, Empyrion, etc in here. The players wanting true mp in a large verse will love this.
Though everyone in one space doing all this, well, that is yet to be seen.. ;)

Hope they have pressurised ship interiors, as does SE.

I can see Space Engineers, Skywanderers, Empyrion, etc in here. The players wanting true mp in a large verse will love this.
Though everyone in one space doing all this, well, that is yet to be seen.. ;)

Hope they have pressurised ship interiors, as does SE.

I agree and we're so close now to Beta release. I'll be picking it up after watching the progress for so long. I hope it lives upto its vision.
Was well worth bringing this thread back now, I feel.

Trailer:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=zMg15LiQwEI&feature=emb_logo

Last edited:
DU has entered beta and lifted the NDA.
To bad despite I was an original backer with the access to the beta, I can't even login and I have to watch others buying beta yesterday playing gladly.

I was in there yesterday, but I think I'll leave it a while before getting into it properly. Performance is still patchy, but that is to be expected.
Does look o.k.

To understand Dual Universe a little better try this guy for his videos.

Markeedragon is big on Eve, but has gone into D/universe, he thinks the game has much to offer.
I must admit, if your into space and building, then D/universe is going to be hard to beat. However its only mp and monthly charge so it will take time to see if that keeps players. I am looking forward to getting in there properly, but I would like to see the performance improve a little more first. I'm in no hurry, but this game is going to be something very special I think, for those that like space travel and building.

He is streaming live now (when posted).

Top Bottom