Dual Universe

I would be looking to make a safe zone for ship building. If you have friends family, you could do what others are doing and form a group, guild, whatever and have huge land stakes.
I'll be playing solo and don't see much trouble.

There will be a full economy in the game, player economy. Whereas you can sell your designs, ship's, stations, services, resources etc. I'm into building, but if I want to move and need help getting rid of problem people, I'll hire a 'gunman'. ;)

Last edited:
And the ships? Collecting resources to build ships so I could wreck them in battle was my least favoured activity in Naval Action.
I don't care much for battle, but if your ships are reasonably powerful, then its part of the game. But there are safe places, the start planet is a safe area I think.
I'll know much more when I'm in there, but I'd leave it a month or so, as its very much testing how people are being handled ingame. So I think reset, they say they won't. But. ;)
I play NMS and don't see anyone much, so this will be very similar I'm guessing. I don't mind, as said, part of the fun is finding people that can.. :)

From what I saw in this week YT vids, looks like it will be a long time before game will look and work stable. Also it seems to be one of those MMOs where its almost mandatory to be in a large, and I mean LARGE clan to be able to have fun.
Very personal taste here - graphically looks very un-appealing and pre-alpha ish. Hard pass for me all around. Again, only personal feeling - no clue how anyone would pay monthly for DU.

From what I saw in this week YT vids, looks like it will be a long time before game will look and work stable. Also it seems to be one of those MMOs where its almost mandatory to be in a large, and I mean LARGE clan to be able to have fun.
Very personal taste here - graphically looks very un-appealing and pre-alpha ish. Hard pass for me all around. Again, only personal feeling - no clue how anyone would pay monthly for DU.
Its as every game a matter of taste. Graphics don't bother me, I just want good gameplay and immersion. This looks to offer that in good size. I don't think an org is necessary, being friendly with orgs' groups etc might be handy. Again its all part of the game.
Space travel in here looks very good indeed. Not sure if you can move around in the ship whilst travelling, I hope so, for maintenance.

It will be what appeals to each player, not everyone will like it, but I'm more than sure there will be a large enough community to keep this ticking over. I like the monthly idea, it keeps it moving forward.

Went in again today to have another look around, for around 2hrs.
My personal advice would be wait until new year, performance is pretty hit and miss. Also there is quite high pc mem use, so 32gb might be a better choice pc to use.

Waiting will let the larger orgs get their spot and it would be better to watch via yt or on their forum, who are the better orgs to have as friends and therefore locate your 'tile'. They are all gathering around water holes etc at the moment and there are quite a few orgs/groups in there now.
Even so, just my own personal opinion, leave it untill new year, I'm going to leave it and wait to stake my claim.

Let them sort some of those issues out. (if they can)

Yep, I've watched enough gameplay videos since NDA lifted to go from totally hyped to mostly uninterested. I'm just going to stick with Space Engineers and EGS for now. Maybe Starbase will be better, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Slightly off topic but what engine DU uses? Is it the same for Empyrion/Space engineers? Maybe its a coinkydink but some parts of the UI and graphics look exactly the same across all three games.

Slightly off topic but what engine DU uses? Is it the same for Empyrion/Space engineers? Maybe its a coinkydink but some parts of the UI and graphics look exactly the same across all three games.
It looks more like EGS than SE, but I doubt it uses the same engine. They probably made their own.

Amazon Lumberyard...same as Star Citizen...but they seem to have almost managed to make a game with it instead of just a market place for selling ships :)

Amazon Lumberyard...same as Star Citizen...but they seem to have almost managed to make a game with it instead of just a market place for selling ships :)
Unigine 2, a lot better than lumberyard from what it seems:

in the meantime I am still unable to enter beta despite backed the game on kickstarter.

Top Bottom