Dual Universe

Looks like a very good engine.

I've been collecting lots of ore and having fun. I just fly through trees :unsure: , straight through, not around.
Lots of stuff to sort out in game, however they have been working on the memory thing, as it seems to use much less now around 9-10gb.

It is very Empyrion/SEngineers kind of game with some NMS thrown in.
Fun at the moment, not really building much. I'm sure they will reset at some stage, possibly a few times.

Looks like a very good engine.

I've been collecting lots of ore and having fun. I just fly through trees :unsure: , straight through, not around.
Lots of stuff to sort out in game, however they have been working on the memory thing, as it seems to use much less now around 9-10gb.

It is very Empyrion/SEngineers kind of game with some NMS thrown in.
Fun at the moment, not really building much. I'm sure they will reset at some stage, possibly a few times.

They have said no more wipes. Thats really what got me into playing it right now. Should keep any progress your are making when the game goes live.

It is keeping me entertained, but man is it buggy right now.

Takes a long time to get stuff done if things are going well, with the bugs and login queue it can take forever to do something. 😭

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

The community reaction here: https://board.dualthegame.com/index...f-du-community-feedback-qa-discussion-thread/

And GardFreq take on it:
Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1006970917?t=0h13m55s

Last edited:
I'm rather amazed. This is 5 years now in development? And now they managed to copy and paste another game's UI element? I mean not that Elite-style contact radar wasn't an amazing invention back 1984 - it's been rightfully adopted in many games as a system because it's simply that good and viable.
It's just that you wouldn't really need 5 years to develop such a core gameplay UI element if you were a capable developer.

When I read the announcement thread an hour ago, yes, that was the picture in it.
They've since replaced it with a picture of what they're actually doing - which is the same sort of scanner, but in a different style - referring to the original as "a conceptual image we used for design reference". (And it's hard to beat the original 1984 Elite for a 3-D scanner design, true)

referring to the original as "a conceptual image we used for design reference".

Interesting choice of words there...

edit: from their limited success with a game that supposedly is everything players ever wanted from Elite, but FDev didnt obliged, i can safely say FDev did well for not succumbing to that rhetoric (open only, ship interiors, player bases, client server, subscription based and what not)

Last edited:
Vedy interesting ??
I like the Evochron type of scanner display; a rotating spherical display with ship at center and bogies/enemy/friendlies as blips on the sphere. Its 2D in Evochron but a version of a 3D holographic sphere would be nice, imho of course.

Top Bottom