[DW2] Community Goals

However, the truly miraculous achievement was that I mined on every day of the CG, often two and on one day three trips - and not once did I leave Explorer's Anchorage without limpets!

You know, now that you mention it, same here!

Amazing. :D

Completed my last run this morning...managed my limpets to squeeze every last bit of space: when down to last dozen or so - sit idle / let expire - then deploy max collectors and then prospect / purge / collect until both cargo and refinery are stuffed:

Cargo full (...what?!? 353 of 356?? Stowaways!!)
d1TY3ze.png

Refinery stuffed:
baoOBuU.png

Claiming for CG at EA....hey where did those 3 tons of 'crap' (Cobalt & Coltan) come from?!?!?
LH0qEpy.png

Oh well - still my best delivery (353 in cargo + 9 in refinery = 362) and broke my goal of 4,000 tons: 4069 total tons delivered / top 10%...I calculate I must have done ~ 14-15 runs @ 2 hours each...A lot of 'rock grinding' but will be nice having a 'deep space' star port to fall back on if you 'oops' a high-G landing on the far side of the galaxy...

Nice work to all DW2 who participated!

o7

Dan

I finished a little under 4,400t - not totally unreasonable I consider (also in top 10%) as a contribution to a fantastic CG, now I have to decide whether to go back to the bubble or on to Beagle...

Last edited:
Wasn't there also supposed to be a megaship and an installation built? The CG text said "The exploration fleet aims to build a megaship and installation in the Stuemeae FG-Y d7561 system."
Then again, I guess the station's construction isn't done yet, so they'd rather not magically poof everything into existence.

Last edited:
Such things require handwavium and server-maintenancium :D. I think Erimus said at the beginning, that the last additions to the station will be spawned it next thursday during the regular server maintenance. If you want to see it just stay around until then.

Aren't we supposed to be leaving on Sunday though?

Cats- herder; herder- cats! :D

Think the last newsletter said the station would be completed after the expedition had set off for the next waypoint. But some might want to hang on for a while, wash off that mining dust, drink a lavian brandy or three, & see the final result; presume the research outpost, station & megaship will all be completed on server tick next Thursday. No doubt DrKaii will tell us soon.
Still think it’s a bit odd having a megaship that will go nowhere; now if it had arrived today with brandy & chocolate biscuits for the CG2 celebrations that would have made sense!

Just to clarify...

Stage 5 of the station construction will be deployed on Thursday 21st March. That's when the station will be structurally complete.

We leave for WP8 on march 17th, so those who want to see the station in its completeness will need to delay their departure until Thursday (but by now we all know what an Oculus Station will look like?).

As for the megaship and science installation, FD have not said when they will be deployed, so there is no guarantee that they will appear after the next server reset.

Just to clarify...

Stage 5 of the station construction will be deployed on Thursday 21st March. That's when the station will be structurally complete.

We leave for WP8 on march 17th, so those who want to see the station in its completeness will need to delay their departure until Thursday (but by now we all know what an Oculus Station will look like?).

As for the megaship and science installation, FD have not said when they will be deployed, so there is no guarantee that they will appear after the next server reset.

For as much material as we've mined, it's really appalling to be asked 'We all know what an Oculus Station will look like?'. WHY couldn't they have built something never seen before and extra-special for all the work we've all done.

VERY DISAPPOINTING.

For as much material as we've mined, it's really appalling to be asked 'We all know what an Oculus Station will look like?'. WHY couldn't they have built something never seen before and extra-special for all the work we've all done.

VERY DISAPPOINTING.

They could put a Black Friday skin on it.

VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Yes, it was apparent from the moment the station was added that it wasn't going to be anything new. But we still have the science thingymajig to appear and that might be something that only a tier 10 CG will be worthy of (its Frontier though, so don't hold your breath).

VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Hey - we got a new station at SagA - something future generations of explorers will thank us for. I'm cool with that.

Just to clarify...

We leave for WP8 on march 17th, so those who want to see the station in its completeness will need to delay their departure until Thursday (but by now we all know what an Oculus Station will look like?)

I'm not at all interested in what it will look like. I'm just a little bit disappointed that Tier 10 didn't earn us a shipyard, which means I'm off right now to Jaques to pick up my ship before I can continue.

I'm Fairly sure Dr. Kaii said we'd be here for three weeks - turns out to be just two weeks; three weekends.

Nothing worth geting upset about though, so I'd best crack on to Jaques. Might even be back by Sunday if I get a wiggle on :)

I'm not at all interested in what it will look like. I'm just a little bit disappointed that Tier 10 didn't earn us a shipyard, which means I'm off right now to Jaques to pick up my ship before I can continue.

I'm Fairly sure Dr. Kaii said we'd be here for three weeks - turns out to be just two weeks; three weekends.

Nothing worth geting upset about though, so I'd best crack on to Jaques. Might even be back by Sunday if I get a wiggle on :)

The no shipyard in the core is FDevs decision, nothing we can do about that unfortunately. They don't want one there for various reasons that only they can answer.

As for the schedule, I'm not sure where the 3 weeks in the core came from, it was always 16 days as I stated here - DW2 Itinerary and Schedule. <-- That post is the only one that matters when it comes to the times, dates, itinerary, schedule etc.. all other announcements from the DW2 org team should be based off that post, and nothing else. So on behalf of the team I apologize if there was a miscommunication elsewhere with how long we were scheduled to be in the galactic core for.

WP8 announcement will be on Sunday at 19:00 UTC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom