[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 Arrivals Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Finally made it to Beagle Point today and I am very happy to be here - I have been playing ED for over 4 years and I have had several attempts at trying to reach BP without success.

DW2 broke up the long journey by spacing the waypoints in manageable chunks and flying with and meeting other CMDR's made it much easier to reach my goal.

Big thanks to all those hard working CMDR's who put DW2 together and made it work so well 07 CMDR's.

Travelling to Beagle Point was also a great shake-down run for my newly purchased Krait Phantom and what a great ship it turned out to be.

I plan to head up to Semotus Beacon before returning home and after a short break, I will be heading down to the Formidine Rift and maybe to the southern most point.

Cheers and fly safe CMDR's

DW2 Roster # 14992

Last edited:
Would you like to leave a message to the organisers?
I arrived before 22.04. and left before 22.04. and you DO NOT WHAT TO GIVE ME THE DECAL? This is damn mean!!!! Please give it to me too

I filled out the Form!

View attachment 129846

Dr. Kaii, you got Email

Hallo,

i am a little bit upset about the DW2-Decal.

I visited BP before 22.04. 2019.
And now I won’t get it, because I sill never make it back to BP in time?
I filled the form to get it.

I was there!

I just got back to the bubble, doing a little tour of my own.
I hope it can be arranged, that I can get my decal.

Ra'TalDi Aroz'lai

https://tenor.com/view/angry-gif-5902151

I'm not sure why people thought this was a race or what the rush was to reach beagles point. We were asked not to, but maybe you had a reason to. I'm sure they will give you a decal but next time maybe read what it was about before taking part :)

From the expedition thread.

Expedition Ethos

The expedition is going to be composed of several thousand commanders, and therefore several thousand play-styles. Our goal as organisers is to accommodate as many play-styles as possible. The general ethos will be one of freedom and diversity, but within a cohesive structure that will be geared toward keeping the expedition on schedule and primarily aimed at its social events throughout its duration. You will be able to take part to whatever extent you like, and we hope there will be plenty of activities and goals on offer for you to take your pick. There will be events, meetups, competitions, missions, games, and much more, all within the framework of the journey, and with the overarching theme of discovery.

In order to keep the fleet as a fleet, and the expedition as an expedition, efforts will be made to keep things structured. Stage Maps will be revealed only when it is time to explore them, and CMDRs who rush on ahead will be removing themselves from the fleet, and therefore this is highly discouraged. There will be plenty to do and see between waypoint meetups. DW2 is not a race between waypoints, and those who want to treat it as such should reconsider their participation. For the amount of work that went into the pre-planning and route preparation, all we ask in return is players respect the guidelines we've set out, and not to treat this as a buckyball race to Beagle Point, as you will receive no credit for doing so.

I made it on the 29th, what a journey it's been.
A huge thank you to the organizing team, the many people who were there to assist everyone in need and not least the awesome people in Distant Worlds squadron for their lively banter that made the long stretches a lot more bearable.

And now, onwards to Semotus Beacon. o7

I'm not sure why people thought this was a race or what the rush was to reach beagles point. We were asked not to, but maybe you had a reason to. I'm sure they will give you a decal but next time maybe read what it was about before taking part :)

From the expedition thread.

Expedition Ethos

The expedition is going to be composed of several thousand commanders, and therefore several thousand play-styles. Our goal as organisers is to accommodate as many play-styles as possible. The general ethos will be one of freedom and diversity, but within a cohesive structure that will be geared toward keeping the expedition on schedule and primarily aimed at its social events throughout its duration. You will be able to take part to whatever extent you like, and we hope there will be plenty of activities and goals on offer for you to take your pick. There will be events, meetups, competitions, missions, games, and much more, all within the framework of the journey, and with the overarching theme of discovery.

In order to keep the fleet as a fleet, and the expedition as an expedition, efforts will be made to keep things structured. Stage Maps will be revealed only when it is time to explore them, and CMDRs who rush on ahead will be removing themselves from the fleet, and therefore this is highly discouraged. There will be plenty to do and see between waypoint meetups. DW2 is not a race between waypoints, and those who want to treat it as such should reconsider their participation. For the amount of work that went into the pre-planning and route preparation, all we ask in return is players respect the guidelines we've set out, and not to treat this as a buckyball race to Beagle Point, as you will receive no credit for doing so.

Ten Days early... Holy crab! This is no RACEING.
Did every Waypoint. Was hat BP and now?
Not really fair awnser....

I was part of it, helped building Explorer*s Anchorage, did everything in time. Did not speed to BP except for the last part and you tell my my punishment is: you are racing.....

Not ok!

Thanks for the nothing, that i now get!
Thanks!
Thanks!
Thanks again!

Ten Days early... Holy crab! This is no RACEING.
Did every Waypoint. Was hat BP and now?
Not really fair awnser....

I was part of it, helped building Explorer*s Anchorage, did everything in time. Did not speed to BP except for the last part and you tell my my punishment is: you are racing.....

Not ok!

Thanks for the nothing, that i now get!
Thanks!
Thanks!
Thanks again!

So you're claiming to have "completed" it all 10 days before the final stage was even announced?

So you're claiming to have "completed" it all 10 days before the final stage was even announced?

This is simply looking in the crumbs by you.
I took part, I completed it. It was fun. Not giving a decal only because someone left early for a reason is like being a nitpicker.

Thank you sooooo much.

My alleged involvement in any violent squabbles that may or may not have erupted at Base Camp over preferred parking space, is an entirely separate issue which has absolutely no bearing on my legitimate DW2 roster status! To my knowledge, previous incidents of emergent disagreements at previous waypoints have not resulted in any of the alleged participants being removed from the DW2 roster.

There's no reason to be upset.
rTf3Oge.jpg

I'm not registered :\ but I was at Pallaeni on Jan 14 (and again on Feb 7) and made it to Beagle Point April 29.

I started out in an Anaconda, but when I saw all the other CMDRs flying them in the ESDM system reports, I decided to 'Fly Different'. I turned around at the Omega Mining Operation on Jan 15 and flew back to the cloud. A Cobra Mark III it would be. I had a licence to fly a CMkIV but went with the III 'for old time's sake'. Turns out there were ~ 230 other CMDRs with the same idea, either a Funship or a Fassault would have been a rarer pick.

I played some Guardian basketball for the extra 10LY FSD boost, slapped on some paint, had a quick fitout at Shinrarta Dezhra and headed out. I was at Pallaeni by Feb 7.
I was late for one mass jump (WP09?) but made the mass jumps for WP10. And WP11. The perils of living in UTC+10/11.

Now I just have to make it back to Explorer's Anchorage on 5 AFMU refills - mining for materials without collectors, or prospectors, is not particularly productive.

holiday snaps in no particular order:
blue_space.jpgearthlike.jpgjumping_again'.jpglast_jump.jpgmission from RNG.jpg
more_futile_mining.jpgsnek.jpgstars.jpgzy_zylo.jpgthin_rings.jpg

No room for Lavian Brandy at Beagle Point ... but bless old Zy, I did give this a spin: Negativland - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
PS. Spansh says I can reach Semotus in 14 jumps...
can i have sticky pls ... or maybe mug? :v

This is to record that on 01 May 3305 @ 15:30:00 UTC the Asp Explorer HSS Lindsey Stirling has arrived at Beagle Point with its continuing mission of bringing the music of humanity's greatest violinist to the farthest reaches of the universe. It's kind of dark at the landing zone as you can see below, so I'm waiting for the First Light to appear. :D

Thanks very much to the organizers who made this journey happen and double that thanks to all the Latecomers in the Mobius PG who made this a little less lonely journey. Special thanks go out to

CMDR DrMorto who organized the first Latecomers' mass jump and got the ball rolling
CMDR Eagle131 for providing video coverage of the Latecomers' mass jumps and featuring us in one of the episodes of his awesome video series, The Aphelion
CMDR NITEHAWK
for additional video coverage. Do note the different spelling of his name, this commander can park his spaceship without any squabbles over preferred parking space :D
CMDR Caoimhe O'Shea for still pressing on towards Beagle Point like a champ and thereby giving us an excuse to cheer her on :D
All Fuel Rats and Hull Seals and all the miners who supported them during their daring rescues, for going above and beyond the call of duty. Fortunately I didn't need their services (at least not yet, we're still just halfway through with this :D) but seriously you guys are the ultimate heroes of this expedition and you deserve to be praised at every opportunity.

This was definitely a journey to remember!

I already posted this in the main thread. Wanted to put it here in the official arrivals/best parts/next plans thread as well.

To the entire DW2 organizational team, the Distant Radio folks and guests, the mass jump and bascamp shenanigans organizers, the youtube streamers and above all, YOU, the Distant Worlds 2 pilots, I salute you.

Very early on in this expedition (and posted in this same thread) I mentioned that prior to this, Elite was really a solo game for me. At the start of this trip I really hadn't been outside the bubble. I think my first discovered worlds count was about 50ish! It now stands at 1143! I used to dream of the billion credit mark. Credits now seem sooooooo secondary. A means, not an end.

These past months I have made contact with a great group of pilots, friends, confidants and all around great people. Folks that would, in the interest of pushing the "whole expedition" forward, pop a repair or fuel limpet at you without even having to ask. People who were always there with advice or answers to "noob" questions. A "community" that truly lives up to the meaning of that word.

I've now punched my Beagle Point ticket. And I've already bookmarked the exploration forum pages and will be keenly watching the expeditions tab of EDSM for more great adventures.

So to all of you, good luck, keep on keepin' on and stay in touch.

Right On, Commanders!

Finally made it. It has been a long journey here, and it might be a longest back. Thanks to the organizers, and thanks to the bunch of latecomers that stubbornly pushed further even they were aside in a different PG. I didn't know if the squadron would be a successful idea, but now I'm glad to have started it with SamTargaryen and Norbert Stiles. People like the ones CMDR rpotor has mentioned, and rpotor himself, along with everyone that participated, made it a success.

There's still some time in the following days where people will keep coming. I hope to be around to meet them here.

Also, my admiration to the specialized teams, specifically the ones that supported the fleet. I didn't need their rescue but I've seen others than did, and their d

Welp, made it to Beagle Point on sunday night, but have been ill for several days so haven't been back to celebrate with other folk at the LZ.

The whole of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition has been an absolute joy - much kudos and thanks to all the organisers, leaders and commanders that have made it such an epic and wonderful trip.

I'm going to linger for a while longer before I make a start on the long trip home - I plan to do a lot more exploration and maybe even visit Colonia for the first time... hope to see a few of y'all on the way back!

Godspeed and fly safe commanders! o7

Made it. The trip was very long and lonely, but it's done now. Well half of it, still need to fly back :)
For my next trip I'll be taking something else than Anaconda. Sure it has slots for all sorts of stuff, but did I need even half of it? No. Should have taken the advice someone gave me in the bubble, just take the ship with the best view. But still I will avoid AspX, flown too much with it to start disliking (to put it politely) its sounds...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom