[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 Arrivals Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I filled in the arrival form on the 27th and triple checked the details, not been listed as arrived on the google doc yet though? #9743 CMDR Robyobson.

o7 cmdrs. Arrived safely on the 26th April.

Many thanks to the organisers for all the time and effort you must have put into this expedition.

Finally thanks to the hull seals for fixing my ship when I pressed the boost button at the wrong time. Til next time......

Last edited:
o7, I arrived with both of my accounts !

Cmdr Guy de Lombard arrived on Wednesday May 1st, Cmdr Trichterle arrived today and they both met in a system nearby...

Wow - thank you to all who organised and also those who took part in this. I only joined to help out on the CGs, and then decided to make the last leg of the trip on a whim (I had come back to the bubble to change ships). Boy was it worth it...parked up on the side of the crater at Beagle Point, admiring the Galaxy from afar. Fly safe, CMDRs - o7 - CMDR Ex Bendible.

Attachments

• 2019.05.03-23.46.png
    2019.05.03-23.46.png
    900.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 2019.05.03-23.31.png
    2019.05.03-23.31.png
    899 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
One of my favorite and greatest accomplishments so far in Elite Dangerous has been the Distant Worlds 2 expedition, culminating in landing at Beagle Point on 30-Apr-3305. Thanks to all the CMDRs who I met and flew with along the way, to the FleetComm PG and expedition organizers. This has reinvigorated my desire to explore the galaxy!

Fly safe, CMDRs. I'll see you in the black. o7
- CMDR MalForTheWin

WP12_BeaglePoint.jpg

Just arrived at BP via Semotus and my habitual push down the arm to get a bit further than last time towards the end - although now there are a mere 8 systems in EDSM that are further out than Syrai Thua KO-Z D13-0 which was as far as I got this time. So next time I come out this way with even moar range will most likely be the last time I do that :(

It's been fun, I think I'll take a break from ED for a bit - maybe wait and see what shenanigans there may be out here in the next few weeks that I can drop in on before I head back.

I took 2,864 jumps to get here and travelled 134,046.43ly all told - I could've been back already if I'd straight-lined it both ways :D

Thank you Erimus, Kai, Qohen and everybody else who put the work in to make this all happen and o7 to everyone who made, or will make, it this far.

Awesome journey, so glad that I decided to participate. I do hope another DW happens in the next few years, I know of some friends that would enjoy this epic journey as well. :)

5,992 jumps since I left the bubble. This was quite the journey. I started playing Elite: Dangerous in December so thus far the vast majority of my in game time has been on DW2. I signed up and left the bubble after the news came out about all the crashes at The View. I made a quick refit of my Cobra with a lack of knowledge about exploration builds and headed off to The View with a 21.68ly range. This would prove useful, though. Having the A-rated thrusters made landing the Cobra at The View a breeze, and that plus a few other non-explorer things made my ship fantastic when trying to stem the tide of lockdown at Explorer's Anchorage. I've learned a lot about this game on this expedition, I've gained some confidence in PvE combat on this expedition, and I've had a ton of fun on this expedition. This last leg of the journey has been a bit of a slog in this Cobra (refitted after XA to get a "whopping" 23.92ly range) but overall it's been a ton of fun, and I've been glad to join you all out here in the black! Thanks to everyone for the work put on on the organization of this thing, it was a great "introduction" to exploration for me.

5B9SWNi.jpg

OsNFkO8.jpg

Could'nt have sayd it better myself..
^34^

"A massive thank you to everyone involved and to the incredible number of participants ̶ organisers, CG miners and fighters, beginners, streamers, cartographers, helpers, content creators, general contributors and completionists ̶ who made DW2 one of the largest and longest player-driven video game events ever. CMDRs, I salute you all!!!! o7,,
BParrival.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom