[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 Arrivals Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Good evening commanders.

As a representative of her gracious Empire, I, Commander Baron Von Aarth, Captain of the INV-Nihlus Krait Phantom, and recognised King in her majesty's Imperial Navy, have reached Beagle Point successfully and unharmed.

As I look back at the galaxy and reflect, I'd like to take a moment and thank the organisers of this expedition. Without the tremendous amount of time that you've all put forth, many of us would have undoubtedly turned back.

It's a long journey back, but i have no doubts that my comrades in DS3 will make sure that I return in one piece in both body and mind.

Signing out for the night o7

Reached Beagle this evening. This is my second time here.
Sadly, there are no other players around besides some tourist ships at the memorial.
Last time I came here, there was no memorial at all. Feels strange to see tourist ships here.

Attachments

• 2019-05-06 04_57_44-Greenshot.png
    2019-05-06 04_57_44-Greenshot.png
    604.9 KB · Views: 74
I arrived. Form submitted. Took screenshots but I have not uploaded them to my Steam account yet. I will probably do that soon.

Went on to Semotus Beacon, just to say that I did. Took a screenshot of the galaxy map from there to prove that I did it.

Now I must find my way back to civilization.

I arrived. Form submitted. Took screenshots but I have not uploaded them to my Steam account yet. I will probably do that soon.

Went on to Semotus Beacon, just to say that I did. Took a screenshot of the galaxy map from there to prove that I did it.

Now I must find my way back to civilization.

After such a long trip to get there, I'd rather spend some time exploring the area around then going back right now.

After such a long trip to get there, I'd rather spend some time exploring the area around then going back right now.
I am kind of feeling like one of Truman Burbank's elementary school teachers:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYQMctUnN7M

Quite a lot around Beagle Point and Semotus Beacon are already pretty well explored by others. I am going to try to make my way around the permit-locked region and then take a not-too-direct route to Colonia to find other as-yet unmapped systems.

The entire point of the expedition is mapping unknown regions of space on the route to Beagle Point. I figure that adding some mapping to the way along Colonia to Beagle Point might be a nice bonus for it.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
I DID die twice though, once at the Pallaeni takeoff (NPC), and the other time is a tale of stupidity which I will edit and post at some point on my channel. It involves the external camera and, as mentioned, stupidity.
I died 3 times in all - like you the first was at Pallaeni thanks to an NPC. Any text warning was missed with all the local chat and the first I knew about it was when I realised I was being shot at. Tried to log out but the timer kept me in game long enough to be killed.

The 2nd death was my stupidity and seems to have also been captured on video! As I was taking off from The View having survived the heavy landing, I saw someone mention having adequate thrusters and looked at my panel to check what size mine were. For some stupid reason I thought they were disabled (obviously suffering space madness already!) and quickly clicked to enable them.... but of course I was taking off so they can't have been disabled and seeing that now they were I tried to correct my error by re-enabling them again. Doing all this while taking off from a high-g planet was not the best idea I've ever had, and I suddenly realised I was heading back down at speed!

My third death happened when I got stuck at a neutron star. I'd started off OK, but drifted out of the arm and had to find it again to continue the charge. I wasn't sure if I'd misjudged the point I tried to re-enter the arm or if I was the victim of a bug, but found myself unable to leave, overheating, taking damage to various modules and losing control. I spent some time struggling to escape but in the end I lost the fight and faced a rebuy screen back at Explorer's Anchorage.

Fortunately I've managed to avoid any further mishaps and landed at Beagle Point on 28 April. :)

Hello, just took off, i am on my way to Salome's reach.
I did not think to go out that far once I reached Semotus Beacon. I could turn around and go back, as I have enough materials for the FSD boosts but... I think that just hitting the system itself is enough for me.

I also considered logging into Open to see if anyone was around the area, but then I remembered that I am in a very delicate ship (albeit one with shields) and that I am not an idiot. I did deign to check the PG but no one else was around when I was in.

I do not have any particularly interesting screencaps, though I did take one from Beagle Point 2. Rather than capture a sunrise or sunset, I kind of wanted to get the total lack of stars in the sky.

Attachments

• 359320_screenshots_20190505222545_1.jpg
    359320_screenshots_20190505222545_1.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 63
Is it possible to arrive at Beagle point without being logged in to the game?

No. I think it's just worded that way since some players may have arrived early, and then logged out there. If they don't log in again during that time frame, their presence won't get registered for completion of the expedition. So basically you just either need to arrive there during that time, or log in again there if you arrived early.

I assume that I did not need to land in the crater at Beagle Point 2 in order to qualify as having completed the expedition. Just reaching the system itself was the requirement, correct?

I could turn around and go back to the crater if required, but I have already made a few jumps to elsewhere.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom