Distant Worlds II Event [DW2] Distant Worlds 2: Discovery Submissions

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm reserved to this thread.... ;)

But seriously, what discoveries are we to report? Surely not every planet etc?

Hey, so I think I made it clear but please tell me how I can better phrase it as I really don't want to be ambiguous:

1. The main thing is to report the big finds here in the thread itself. Definitely don't report every geyser or lagrange cloud. Save it for something really unique and rare, something that you really want to show off. If it is a codex entry make sure to also fill out the form!
2. The form itself is for all codex entries, no matter how small. You don't have to report everything there, but if you are on any kind of science role then that is urged.

2. The form itself is for all codex entries, no matter how small. You don't have to report everything there, but if you are on any kind of science role then that is urged.

Is this for new codex entries only, or do confirmations count?

Trifector

Three Rubicundus Collared Pods and a field of Flavus Metallic Crystals all in the same Rubicundus Lagrange Cloud, found in Trifid Sector HR-W D1-256:
20190115013936_1.jpg

I'll be quite curious if the rate of discovery for (proto-)Lagrange clouds will change once the expedition leaves the bubble's region. This should be a good indicator for that.

Personally, I've recently flown 1,800 jumps to revisit some of my earlier finds and take a closer look at more out-of-the-way nebulae. Out of all those systems, I've only found two PLCs, and both were in the Inner Orion Spur. It might just have been due to luck, but with what I've heard from others, it makes me suspicious that there might be per-region rates.

Last edited:
I'll be quite curious if the rate of discovery for (proto-)Lagrange clouds will change once the expedition leaves the bubble's region. This should be a good indicator for that.

Personally, I've recently flown 1,800 jumps to revisit some of my earlier finds and take a closer look at more out-of-the-way nebulae. Out of all those systems, I've only found two PLCs, and both were in the Inner Orion Spur. It might just have been due to luck, but with what I've heard from others, it makes me suspicious that there might be per-region rates.

I had a similar experience. I flew something like 180 kly, through several regions, in and out of several nebulae, and I only found the PLCs in the Inner Orion Spur. It's entirely possible that it's luck, and the fact that I spent a lot of time neutron boosting in the other regions. But since several of us experienced this, it makes me want to consider it as a real pattern. Time will tell.

I don't know, has this even been seen before? Life in the rings? If not, we need to tell the miners!
I think so, I recall seeing someone post such during the beta. The molluscs can be found anywhere as far as we know, even inside the proto-Lagrange clouds.

Yep, life has been found in rings before. I visited molluscs in a ring system in the beta, and it was one that was already in the Codex (which is how I knew to go there).

Also, so far I think we only know of one location for Void Hearts, and it's in a ring:

2018-12-27%2003-44-54%20Shrogaae%20KK-A%20d983_1.jpg

Last edited:
I found a system with Proto-Lagrange clouds containing Purpureous and Rubeous Metallic Crystals 238ly from WP2.
They're the first ones I've found for myself, so I'm kind of pleased about them.

Bleia Dryiae VD-U b50-5
VMsnKgJ.png

Different system, but I ran into the same thing! Albulus mollusc and crystals in a ring. I submitted it through the google form.

bbv1bkv.png

Mine was in Blu Thua JG-H C25-1 around body AB2 if anyone wants to go check it on on your way between POIs. It's a few hundred LY off track, but not too far.
WMpyovY

Last edited:
I found this biological thing, I thought it was pretty interesting. It lights up at night!!! Found on 2MASS J18185455-1646479, planet D 2, though it's about 100kls from the entry star so it takes a few minutes to get there.
uheYRWl
lEIE3Bf.jpg

fWFNTFi.jpg

Found a system with 65 bodies including a water world and 9 helium rich gas giants. Many of the moons have geological activity.

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2019.01.14 - 19.49.34.72.jpg

I had a similar experience. I flew something like 180 kly, through several regions, in and out of several nebulae, and I only found the PLCs in the Inner Orion Spur. It's entirely possible that it's luck, and the fact that I spent a lot of time neutron boosting in the other regions. But since several of us experienced this, it makes me want to consider it as a real pattern. Time will tell.

I found my first one right after the patch came live for the Proto Lagrange Cloud in the Sagittarius-Carnia Arm, so they are definitely out there and not focused in a specific region at all. I'm sure there are other Proto's out there among all the other types of Lagrange clouds...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom