[DW2] Distant Worlds II - Waypoint Scouting Event

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'll submit this as a POI (it's already in the GMP as "Undine Haven"), since it's practically right along the northern exit from Sgr-A* along the Perseus Stem section, just over 8.8 kylies from Sgr-A* itself. I was considering looking for a basecamp location here, but there are only two landables, not very scenic, not tidally locked, and fairly distant from the neutron star. The terraformables make it worth scanning though.

For the submission instructions, it says a maximum of two screenshots. Is this correct, or was it meant to be minimum? I'll assume that I'll need to include exactly two for any further submissions, for now. :)

Undine Haven (already in GMP):

CMDR Orvidius
2074 03C-DW

POI

POI
"Undine Haven"
Phroi Bluae LS-B d13-744

Consisting of a neutron primary star, and two secondary stars, this system is a true aquatic haven. The further of the secondary stars, at a distance of about 28kls, is orbited by no less than six water worlds, all of which are terraforming candidates, as is the high metal content world that shares the same star, making it a high value source of scan data. The term "Undine" refers to mythological water spirits, and first appears in the alchemical writings of Paracelsus.

2018-04-20%2017-07-57%20Schee%20Flyi%20NX-U%20e2-1313.jpg

2018-01-11%2002-37-17%20Phroi%20Bluae%20LS-B%20d13-744.jpg

Last edited:
Cmdr Wishblend
DW 187
00E-DW

Potential basecamp location
Area - The Solitude Void

PYRIE EURL DQ-Y D8 A

potential basecamp location;

Waypoint Name = Ringed Landing

PYRIE EURL DQ-Y D8 A
8.0371 / -72.2785
1.14G
Silicate Vapour Geysers & Tidally Locked (could not find the geysers) - sun showing through the rings.

KrkihEY.png

HC7KT8n.png

fiTXJh5.png

Landing guide
NBpfvOg.png

SvEgp42.png

9lYxpeX.png

Landing in centre of big crator
rVoeb4F.png

Last edited:
2 Locations in The Sagittari Conflux

The first is EOL FLYOU YT-I D9-518 It has a pulsar in close orbit around an M Class, and really nice parking. (metal rich within 50 Ls)

LY2Khf1.jpg

5CxHg08.jpg

The Second submission is a really interesting trinary, also with great parking, and its smack in the middle of a nebula. GREAE HYPA DF-R D4-137

nzszqaD.jpg

H9oNj2X.jpg

I'm back. Here are my submissions. :)

MYS-1
Waypoint: The Bald Spot
System: GRIA DRYE LL-C B5-7
Body: 2A
Distance from SOL: ~5.5 KLY
Gravity: 0.15 G
Co-ordinates: 8.50/-127.25
Rings: Metal rich & icy

5uzMDwn.png

Here you can see the "bald spot" in the lower part of the frame.
u8b4QOD.png

Now in the upper part, on approach.
xwqohoB.png

The terrain is a little bit rough interesting.
6FLeKyy.png

But the view is nice.
Ou1YxEU.png

Co-ordinates and gravity info.
P46iVQ6.png

MYS-2
Waypoint: The Ring Thing
System: PREIA PHOE CQ-Y E480
Body: 2A
Distance from SOL: ~11.7 KLY
Gravity: 0.18 G
Co-ordinates: -58.74/44.38
Rings: Metal rich & rocky

NUdiFbI.png

GbJFj6P.png

Aiming for the "peninsula", top left.
cctFT4s.png

Still peninsulating...
d7nmath.png

Left a bit... See that sideways "V"?
OByIWBt.png

There's a mesa between the arms. Land there.
Dtk4WLO.png

This moon's orbit is very inclined, giving spectacular views of the rings.
ei0Ew2c.png

Money shot.
OIcmTSh.png

MYS-3
Waypoint: Boeths Ides Now
System: BOETHS GW-M D7-155
Body: 1
Distance from SOL: ~16.6 KLY
Gravity: 1.50 G
Co-ordinates: 42.61/73.93
Rings: Metal rich & rocky

zYTpAZ7.png

Big crater with rays. Easy to spot.
WqXtPqW.png

On approach.
Vaxn9UY.png

mWjwE4g.png

Rings and Co-ordinates. NOTE: High gravity warning (1.5 G)
o0Jgm53.png

But what a view.
IhfCikS.png

MYS-4
Waypoint: La Mesa
System: EEPHAIN GN-G B13-118
Body: ABC 2A
Distance from SOL: ~17.3 KLY
Gravity: 0.05 G
Co-ordinates: -51.92/12.63
Rings: Metal rich, rocky & icy

xe6PqNq.png

Where lots of squiggles meet.
x80G120.png

Aim for the one on the left.
PT97RCP.png

Oh, look. A nebula.
17NjmV4.png

Lots of canyons for shenanigans.
vF67VKt.png

Co-ordinates, gravity and a pretty sky.
JGm8PMu.png

3a1JK2U.png

MYS-5
Waypoint: The Table on the Dish Under the Rings
System: EOK PRUAE AW-C D13-6768
Body: 1D
Distance from SOL: ~20 KLY
Gravity: 0.21 G
Co-ordinates: 43.46/-111.75
Rings: Rocky & metal rich

9kUnURQ.png

A ringed moon around a ringed gas giant.
eM4Zyin.png

The lonely dark crater, above centre.
PuUyjF3.png

NmJlS0y.png

See the mesa at the side of the crater?
47pNaT1.png

YarEsbK.png

Co-ordinates & gravity.
RGmn7ie.png

Rings over rings.
xwTxyRw.png

MYS-6
Unlike the others, I was not the first to discover this system, but it was too stunning to reject.
I first discovered the landing body I chose, and there are several more untagged bodies in this system.

Waypoint: Caeruleum Luna
System: HYPOE FLYI HX-T E3-295
Body: A1D
Distance from SOL: ~22 KLY
Gravity: 0.22 G
Co-ordinates: 72.16/156.99
Rings: Metallic, metal rich, rocky & icy

21FOWk1.png

Inside a planetary nebula. Easy to spot from a distance.
ktpraPN.png

ZhuZZ5w.png

Big dark crater...
heHKumA.png

XF2dQRZ.png

YIKmzQD.png

... With shiny bits.
n374Ool.png

cMRAlS0.png

oxjOghG.png

yg0E8gI.png

Co-ordinates & gravity
jASc1HU.png

Ooh! Shiny!
v5jgcSN.png

Rejected for forgotten reasons:
G1O6NBK.png

zeMkD0J.png

fwqreA3.png
G1O6NBK.png

6tXO0p5.png

Last edited:
For the submission instructions, it says a maximum of two screenshots. Is this correct, or was it meant to be minimum? I'll assume that I'll need to include exactly two for any further submissions, for now. :)
]

MAXimum of 2 screenshots?! :eek:
Oops. :(

I didn't want the thread becoming too pic heavy and no fun to load/view - but if If they're in spoilers I guess you can post as many screenshots as you like. I'll amend that request in the 1st post :)

Basecamp candidate submission:

CMDR Orvidius
2074 03C-DW

Basecamp: Tranquility Valley
Region: Perseus Stem
Type: Planetary Nebula

System: Phroi Bluae QI-T E3-3454
Body: (moon) 2 A

Surface Gravity: 0.12G
Coords: -59.6, 128.4

Description: A planetary nebula 8,400 lightyears away from Sagittarius A*, along the Perseus Stem portion of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. Light blue skies surrounding a neutron star system make for some spectacular environmental views.

More details: I chose a landing location next to a valley, where the planet overhead is clearly in view. The moon is tidally locked, and will maintain that view angle. I could have opted for a site easier to spot from orbit, but this moon didn't have a lot of obvious landmarks, and I wanted to make sure the gas giant was just above the horizon with the rings mostly horizontal. It supposedly has iron magma volcanism, but I didn't spot any during a brief look around.

The moon has three of the main jumponium components: Yttrium, Vanadium, and Niobium.

I wasn't the original discoverer of this planetary nebula, but most of it was still untagged when I found it.

tranquility-basecamp.jpg

2018-04-21%2020-40-02%20Phroi%20Bluae%20QI-T%20e3-3454.jpg

2018-04-21%2020-40-23%20Phroi%20Bluae%20QI-T%20e3-3454_1.jpg

Last edited:
Basecamp candidate submissions:

Both of these are in the same system / planetary nebula, just two different moons. Obviously both shouldn't be accepted together, but it gives a choice of landing sites.

CMDR Orvidius
2074 03C-DW

Site 1:

System: Lyaisua SJ-Z e7708
POI name suggestion: Blue Rhapsody Nebula
Region: Galctic Core / Perseus Stem

Basecamp: Hazy Basin
Body: (moon) 4 A

Surface Gravity: 0.26 G
Coords: 62.83, -163.02

Description: A planetary nebula 5,587 lightyears away from Sagittarius A*, between the Galactic Core and the Perseus Stem portion of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. A large supernova remnant, with varying shades of purple and blue.

More details: I chose the rim of the large crater, since it is filled with a thick green haze. The views are better from atop the rim than from inside the crater.

This is a "green" system, with all of the jumponium components available.

I wasn't the original discoverer of this planetary nebula, but most of it was still untagged when I found it.

basecamp-hazy-basin.jpg

2018-04-22%2016-52-30%20Lyaisua%20SJ-Z%20e7708.jpg

2018-04-22%2015-02-17%20Lyaisua%20SJ-Z%20e7708.jpg

2018-04-22%2015-05-49%20Lyaisua%20SJ-Z%20e7708_1.jpg

Site 2:

System: Lyaisua SJ-Z e7708
POI name suggestion: Blue Rhapsody Nebula
Region: Galctic Core / Perseus Stem

Basecamp: Rhapsody Canyon
Body: (moon) 3 A

Body: (moon) 3 A

Surface Gravity: 0.06 G
Coords: -59.59, -106.89

Description: A planetary nebula 5,587 lightyears away from Sagittarius A*, between the Galactic Core and the Perseus Stem portion of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. A large supernova remnant, with varying shades of purple and blue.

More details: Landing site is at a canyon that makes a "figure eight" pattern, easily visible from orbit. This places the gas giant at a highly visible angle over the horizon, since the moon is tidally locked, and will always face the same way relative to the planet.

This is a "green" system, with all of the jumponium components available.

basecamp-rhapsody-canyon.jpg

2018-04-22%2017-04-13%20Lyaisua%20SJ-Z%20e7708_1.jpg

2018-04-22%2017-04-26%20Lyaisua%20SJ-Z%20e7708.jpg

2018-04-22%2017-08-06%20Lyaisua%20SJ-Z%20e7708.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone suggested this?

[video=youtube;zVYjlih_oC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVYjlih_oC0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

• Kyloasly DA-A f69 (Sword of Damocles)
  • 2 C
  • Haven't got one
  • 0.07G
  • Haven't got one
  • Haven't got one

According to edsm with thanks to Ghost Giraffe, the next collision close to the Launch date would be, 17 November 3304 and 30 March 3305 (and from my calculation, 11 August 3305)
The last collision event took place on 26/2/3304. It is estimated that each collision occurs after 134.2975139 days.
Preferably we should arrive a week or half a week beforehand or calculate collisions more accurately using orbital mechanics.

Last edited:
CG submission in Perseus Stem

CMDR Kanoze
Not in the fleet but propsecting in perseus stem and heard about the scouting on DSN :). I'm a little off the trajectory showed on topic (trajectory is between both s of perseus on map, i'm below the t of stem)

System name:phroea Bli ZV-T D4-2 194
Planetary body reference: Phroea BLI ZV-T D4-2194 4 (life based gas giant)

2gwt5km.jpg

Write a short description of your POI: life based gas giant with metallic ring and a landable planet close by. a Y star with another metallic ring and 2 ice planets with ice rings.

207t85j.jpg

second pic of Phroea BLI ZV-T D4-2194 4 A landable planet near to the life based gas giant.

CMDR WR3ND
2075 03D-DW

EOR AUG EW-W F1-228
"Degenerate Trio"
Near The Gallipolis region.

XKExRDA.png

This looks fairly close to being on the route back. Would be cool to stop back here and get to land on the moon there. I found the system back in 3301 and haven't been back to it since, though I do plan on going back there sometime anyway.

Trinary system with 1 black hole, 1 white dwarf, and 1 neutron star (all "end of life" star types). The system is also very old, nearly the known age of the universe, which makes some sense, given the state of the stars in their life cycles. These may be the remnants of first generation stars.

Also the system has two terraformable terrestrial water worlds with life, one with a landable moon. Unfortunately I have not landed there yet as it wasn't an option back in 3301.

This system is up a ways above the galactic plane, providing a nice vantage point, but should still be fairly easily reachable by most ships.

jmhDQDy.png

2UMQD20.png

A distinct large crater near the south pole of the moon would make for a decent landing site, also featuring some compelling blueish color variation – will be interesting to see how it looks after Q4. If this site is considered and more specific landing coordinates are needed, let me know and I can race out there to get them.

tjooaMf.png

This POI tourist destination system was submitted by me and used and named by Frontier previously as "Degenerate Trio," which is fine with me.

I just did a Google search for it and found a YouTube video someone else has made of the system here...

https://youtu.be/Q7Ad19JjnL8

[video=youtube_share;Q7Ad19JjnL8]https://youtu.be/Q7Ad19JjnL8[/video]

Cheers.

Last edited:
CMDR SGT STUBBY
DW2 Roster #2829 - 11G-DW

System: PYRIE EURL LX-U C2-0
Region: Solitude Void/Silentium
Type: Geyser + Tidally Locked planet in very close orbit

Basecamp name: Angel's Heart
Body: (moon) A 1 A

Surface Gravity: 0.13 G
Coords: 43.07 / -135.07

Description: A landing site 9500 light years from Beagle Point makes a good stop to restock supplies between the Solitude Void before entering the Silentium region. Part of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition in 3304. (maybe?)

More details: Landing site is in a canyon/crater that has silicate vapor geysers. This system is a GREEN system with plenty of mining opportunities in asteroid belts.

https://imgur.com/a/6e0C4fe

o7 CMDRs

Last edited:
I hope OP posts it themselves, but putting it here just in case.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDange...day_i_discovered_ringed_worlds_so_close_that/

Discovered by Cmdr Explore

System: PREAE AIHM PP-O b51-1

Description: Two ringed planets so close that their rings touch.

Region: Apparently in the way from the bubble to Sagittarius A*, TBC.

gckd98pdm1311.jpg

EDIT: This looks a graphical glitch more than anything.

[video=youtube;4zcrzmFefNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zcrzmFefNE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Basecamp candidate submissions:

Like one of my previous submissions, both of these are in the same system, just two different moons. Obviously both shouldn't be accepted together, but it gives a choice of landing sites.

CMDR Orvidius
2074 03C-DW

Star system located near the southern tip of the highlighted Norma Expanse zone. Approximately 7,369 lightyears from Sol.

Site 1:

System: Nyeakio CQ-V D3-17
POI name suggestion: World's Respite
Region: Norma Expanse / Hawking's Gap

Basecamp: Hades Overlook
Body: (moon) 1 A

Surface Gravity: 0.08 G
Coords: 16.275, -118.209

Description: Tidally locked moon, with a view of its volcanic parent hanging in the sky. The base camp is
located on the rim of a system of valleys.

basecamp-hades-overlook.jpg

2018-06-12%2014-11-06%20Tionisla.jpg

2018-05-03%2022-32-55%20Nyeakio%20CQ-V%20d3-17_3.jpg

2018-05-03%2022-34-02%20Nyeakio%20CQ-V%20d3-17_1.jpg

2018-05-03%2022-33-17%20Nyeakio%20CQ-V%20d3-17_3.jpg

Site 2:

System: Nyeakio CQ-V D3-17
POI name suggestion: World's Respite
Region: Norma Expanse / Hawking's Gap

Basecamp: Fimbulwinter
Body: (moon) 4 H A

Surface Gravity: 0.04 G
Coords: -64.816, 2.994

Description: A tidally locked moon of a gas giant moon of another gas giant. Icy body with a rocky appearance. Basecamp located on the rim of a huge canyon. Named after the continuous winter signalling the onset of Ragnarok in Viking mythology.

2018-06-12%2014-10-22%20Tionisla.jpg

basecamp-fimbulwinter.jpg

2018-05-03%2022-49-28%20Nyeakio%20CQ-V%20d3-17_1.jpg

2018-05-03%2022-47-16%20Nyeakio%20CQ-V%20d3-17_2.jpg

2018-05-03%2022-49-59%20Nyeakio%20CQ-V%20d3-17_1.jpg

The scouting event ends in 2 months time (1st September).

Thanks for all the submissions sent in so far. [up]

As an aside, embedded images hosted on Imgur are no longer, or at least not presently, showing up. Let me know if I should edit my submission or if you already got the info from it you need, if you would.

I have many, many posts with images on this forum, and going over each of them to get the pics working again is more hassle than I have time for, but naturally I'll try and make an exception where I can and when it's more pertinent.

Cheers.

As an aside, embedded images hosted on Imgur are no longer, or at least not presently, showing up. Let me know if I should edit my submission or if you already got the info from it you need, if you would.

I have many, many posts with images on this forum, and going over each of them to get the pics working again is more hassle than I have time for, but naturally I'll try and make an exception where I can and when it's more pertinent.

Cheers.

It seems all the images submitted to this thread are fine and aren't effected by the imgur issue. :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom