[DW2] Distant Worlds II - Waypoint Scouting Event

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up.. If imgur images you post don't show up you can bypass the issue by removing the 's' in //https from the image url.

(thanks go to Qohen Leth for that tip!)

Last edited:
Proposed Waypoint in The Norma Expanse, "Stuck in the Middle"

CMDR Gimbal Locke
DW2 Roster No. 4495
ID: 2VE-DW

Proposed Waypoint in The Norma Expanse, "Stuck in the Middle"

System: Bleae Aewsy GV-X d1-11
Body: 5
Description: This class Y brown dwarf has a large gap between it's ring systems, with a moon orbiting between them. It is also orbited by a gas giant with a highly inclined orbit and two moons of its own, with an incredible view of the Bleae Aewsy nebula as a backdrop.

rN86kS5.png

pYdaBxC.png

wpzF5yz.png

3TVI98C.png

vjUIY7T.png

Last edited:
Proposed Waypoint in the Galactic Apheilion, "Drops on the Edge of the Abyss"

CMDR Gimbal Locke
DW2 Roster No. 4495
ID: 2VE-DW

Proposed Waypoint in the Galactic Apheilion, "Drops on the Edge of the Abyss"

System: Gria Gree CW-T d4-2
Body: C6-8
Description: Trinary system of terraformable water worlds offer a reminder of home before venturing off into the abyss.

dyuyO2L.png

EvwSOpC.png

VxqAeAK.png

puIBrLt.png

Last edited:
CMDR Pirin
DW: Still undecided

System: Plimbeau ZE-R E4-2732
Description: A blue planetary nebula with BH as a central star. Has a ringed Y dwarf with 5 ringed gas giants as moons. A The sole landable planet orbiting the dwarf offers an unique view to the the ringed planets. The sky looks like a sunny day with white clouds!

sBWsyCW.jpg

j6LBPYI.jpg

2OTRRFE.jpg

umleb11.jpg

Aside from the Keelback rings, that were included in the Galacting Mapping as the best locationI've found so far. :)

CMDR Mr Crown vic P71 / #96 /0NV-DW

PLOEA BROU LE-T B45-6 3
A ringed gas giant that has another four ringed gas giant moons in close proximity, all of them are easily visible. On of the gas giants has a single landable ice world, when I was there there was a sport from which all gas giants were visible, this place is still a one-of-akind I've ever seen. I submitted it as a tourist destination - not sure if it has made it, but the rest of planets have been claimed by someone already.

The images disappeared from the OP (like my originals from imgur), but the location sits right at the Galactic Aphelion, so could be a waypoint en route backwards.

On the sidenote, I think some good WPs from the original DW could be reused!

Last edited:
CMDR Pirin
DW: Still undecided

System: Plimbeau ZE-R E4-2732
Description: A blue planetary nebula with BH as a central star. Has a ringed Y dwarf with 5 ringed gas giants as moons. A The sole landable planet orbiting the dwarf offers an unique view to the the ringed planets. The sky looks like a sunny day with white clouds!

That's a beauty !! I'm out near the core in the Krait at the moment, definitely gonna stop here Cmdr. o7

CMDR Flash_Baggins
DW #13

System: Dryau Chrea DB-F D11-3866 (Named it Stairway To Heaven)
Ringed ELW in a trinary orbit with 2 gas giants. Has a landable rocky moon in orbit (513 km radius) 0.06Gs. Located in the Perseus Stem, with beautiful views of the core. Metal rich ring for mining, also contains a lot of Gas giants.
E6o7YnS.jpg

NjE0DZQ.jpg

(Gas giants can be seen in the background)
jQOOQQN.png

Last edited:
CMDR Flash_Baggins
DW #13

System: Dryau Chrea DB-F D11-3866 (Named it Stairway To Heaven)
Ringed ELW in a trinary orbit with 2 gas giants. Has a landable rocky moon in orbit (513 km radius) 0.06Gs. Located in the Perseus Stem, with beautiful views of the core. Metal rich ring for mining, also contains a lot of Gas giants.
(Gas giants can be seen in the background)

your links appear broken buddy :( imgur 404

CMDR SGT STUBBY
DW2 Roster #2829 - 11G-DW

System: SHROGEAU IG-Y e380
Region: Gallipolis
Type: Green Planetary Nebula + an icy world

Basecamp: Emerald Dream
Body: (moon) 3 A

Surface Gravity: 0.21 G
Coords: 55.9 / 84.68

Description: A scenic landing area in the middle of the Gallipolis, 21,700 LY from SOL. Part of the Distant worlds 2 expedition in 3304. (maybe?)

https://imgur.com/a/xr7Pgz0

Last edited:
Found an interesting system we should check out on dwe2

So I was talking to someone in the outer rim tour channel on discord since I am currently in outer rim tour and he mentioned an interesting system that happens to be out near sag A. The Devils Dance floor https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDange...eelance_report_newly_found_system_dubbed_the/ here is a post about it. 4 neutrons and a black hole. Should be an interesting sight to visit. There is another system but its out closer to colonia that has 3 neutrons and a landable body that orbits a dwarf star close enough that you can see the tail cross over your ship. I can provide a link to that as well if needed.

A reminder that the scouting event ends in one months time - 1st September. After that date I'll begin working on the route and waypoints, so late submissions may be hard to integrate.

Submission to DWE2 Points of Interest

Cmdr Jdude1
Fleet # 560

My Submission is my favorite system I found during Distant Worlds.

Hypoe Bluae CH-U e3-4053

https://imgur.com/gallery/wyrXHT7
This system is cool for 3 and a half reasons.

First it is a System Nebula system meaning that there is a cool cloud of gas around the system giving all the backgrounds while inside the system this cool glow that unfortunatly I don't have any screenshots of anymore

Second. There is a Neutron Star at the center of this system

Third. There is also an Earthlike out at the 3rd star shown in my imgur gallery above

1/2. There's a landable Ringed planet. I haven't been there but it seems it could be a good location for a landable waypoint.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom