Distant Worlds II Event DW2 PS Edition

Finally decided to leave my squadron be for a while and applied to the DW2 squadron - think it'll be really nice being able to communicate ingame, share bookmarks etc. Looking forward to it :)

Does anyone know if you can see fellow squadron members on the galaxy map, even if they aren't on your friend list?

Last edited:
A number of you have sent me friend requests but have your messages set to reject people not on your friends list. Please ensure you have the appropriate privacy settings or I can't communicate with you if there is an issue.

This may occur if, for example, you have sent me a request but have not signed up to the fleet roster. In such cases I would like to be able to reach out to you but can't because of your privacy settings.

Please also note that I will reject any 'close friends' requests outright.

Crow o7

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can see fellow squadron members on the galaxy map, even if they aren't on your friend list?
I don't think so.
Going to the right panel -> home -> squadrons -> DW02, then click in and filter memberlist by Online, and while you can see the systems where people are, they didn't show on the gal map itself I think.

A shared bookmark did show up: it's got a slightly different icon at the very bottom of my normal bookmark list.

This may depend on player's settings (there's one to not show icon iirc).

Last edited:
Merry Christmas all. I haven’t played in a while but I just signed up for DW2 as an Explorer. I’m currently at Colonia with an Asp Explorer that can presently jump between 35 and 38LY.

I signed up but don’t know where to see the Roster to see my info. And unfortunately I’m doing this all on an iPad Air 2 so certain things are a bit difficult to view.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas all. I haven’t played in a while but I just signed up for DW2 as an Explorer. I’m currently at Colonia with an Asp Explorer that can presently jump between 35 and 38LY.

I signed up but don’t know where to see the Roster to see my info. And unfortunately I’m doing this all on an iPad Air 2 so certain things are a bit difficult to view.

You should be able to view it from both the sign up thread and the website, although it remains true that the iPad doesn’t really get on with Google Docs. Ping me if you can’t access it and I’ll look it up for you

I think you were added this morning to the DW2 Community Ymotobuck. I'm looking forward to this, a goal to achieve and with others.

Gary

I was on when I was added. Thanks. I'm looking forward to this too. This will be the first event I'll be a part of and not just reading these forums about.

I was on when I was added. Thanks. I'm looking forward to this too. This will be the first event I'll be a part of and not just reading these forums about.
Agreed. It's nice to be able to participate in this. I've already been out in "strange places" getting Deepwater Black ready.

Gary

The more amazing part is that 75% of the Squadron I am involved with is also coming along for the ride, so not only a group effort but an almost Squadron effort as well.

Gary

Signed up and friend request sent!

Now just need to join the squadron and try and get a few more LYs from my Asp before we leave.

First one I've done of these - this is the push to stop me being cautious and get further out there ;)

Top Bottom