DW2 ? ... Really ?

Greetings Commanders,

It's been a long time since i did not post here.
I left the galaxy for almost 2 years. And just went back few weeks ago.

My explo-conda was quietly sitting somewhere near the core, on the left side.
All the exploration tools changed since my last time here, and i have to admit that it's a bit more complicated and ... and a bit more satisfactory to discover things.
My first time landing near a geological POI was just amazing...

So i decided to go ahead a complete a trip to Beagle Point...

And... what ??? I just realized there's a Distant World Expedition in progress... Is it possible to lately join ?
What are the requirement ?

(I'm 13KLy from BP, hence i should be arrived by 13th June)

The sign up roster closed sometime in December of last year- January of this year. So you can still head to Beagle Point, but you will not be part of the distant world 2 expedition private group. Also, what is the jump range on your conda and its loadout respectively?

bah... no problem.
It changes nothing to my plan...

It would have been fun to meet some other explorer on the far side of the galaxy.

Here is the Chimaera (Link to Coriolis).
189504x1127.jpg

I have 31 jumponium ready.

I just discovered a Biological POI full of Polonium.. i'll refill my stock and leave to BP.

Last edited:
https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda....EweloRhBmcQUwIYHMA28QggBlyb++QA=&bn=Chimaera
Try that instead, roughly the same jump range but with heat sinks, point defence(for guardian sentinels), and shield booster for planetary landings. Since you had the slots I added a 6d fighter bay, a 6H srv bay(fits 4 srvs) and a few other things as well. I added a few other weapons in case you run into anything that is not terribly ... uh.. friendly. That build is more of a mixed exploration build, you can get some crazy range(up to 82 lys) on a conda, but that comes with a lot of sacrifices. Also, since your FSD is a grade 5 roll use the mass manager effect not deep charge. Mass manager reduces the mass of modules on your ship.

41 ly compared to 51ly is not "roughly the same" imo ;)

@op: move your boat. Many Cmdrs already there, many still to arrive, as it's just 13 kly you shouldn't be too late to the party :)

Thanks fro your replies Commanders. :)

@A logical argument : Actually i have 51LY jump range (44,23LY is for Laden, but believe i haul nothing). I don't take heat sink, cause after exploring for more than 120KLY, i never needed a heat sink. When i left the bubble there were guardian... no thargoids (or very few)... so point defence were pointless. I already have a fighter which i don't really use (only for nice pictures), and 2 srvs is pretty good (i'm not sure the 4 srvs version existed when i left).

@Rudi Raumkraut : Good to read i'll be welcome there.. :) Only 9KLy remaining, i was a bit slowed down by some biological encounter and a system with 50 object to scan... but i hope i could arrive next week or within the next 15days.

... I forgot...
Is there any place i could say hello before popping a BP ?
When i arrive should i play open or is there a group i should join / ask for invite ?

Thanks fro your replies Commanders. :)

@A logical argument : Actually i have 51LY jump range (44,23LY is for Laden, but believe i haul nothing). I don't take heat sink, cause after exploring for more than 120KLY, i never needed a heat sink. When i left the bubble there were guardian... no thargoids (or very few)... so point defence were pointless. I already have a fighter which i don't really use (only for nice pictures), and 2 srvs is pretty good (i'm not sure the 4 srvs version existed when i left).

@Rudi Raumkraut : Good to read i'll be welcome there.. :) Only 9KLy remaining, i was a bit slowed down by some biological encounter and a system with 50 object to scan... but i hope i could arrive next week or within the next 15days.

... I forgot...
Is there any place i could say hello before popping a BP ?
When i arrive should i play open or is there a group i should join / ask for invite ?
Never ever go into open when not prepared for a fight is what I say.

A number of folks are doing organized trips back to the bubble from Beagle Point, so even if you couldn't be on the DW2 roster, you could meet up with other commanders for the trip back.

I'm currently crossing a brown dwarf field, it makes me progress a little bit slower... but about 7Kly remaining... so i should be in time.

It's not really a problem if i'm not part of the roster, neither if i loose any race... whatever happens, i'll reach BP.
I just asked this because it would have been fun to meet some fellow explorer after being solo in the dark for so long.

@Satsuma, i sent you a private message, as i saw you are private group admin from DW2. (Not sure what it really means, but i hope you could invite me to the DW2 private group).
If you can't (you may think i'm gonna jump in BP and kill on sight... even if it's impossible with my pewpew-less conda.), don't worry i won't blame anyone.

starbrow said:
This time they even abbandoned half of their pilots so they can turn in their Exploration data befor last Season ended.

What do you mean by "last season ended" ?
Should i be afraid for all my exploration data ?

I was on DW2 and I did about 235 Kly. And there were some situations where I was glad that I had heat sinks. One in particular was a class F binary contact which threw me right out of SC. At arrival it felt like I jumped right to one of the stars. It took me 3 heat sinks to get out of there. You never need them until you do.

And with a big ship like the Anaconda and the engineered weight of 0.2 tons per heatsink launcher, heatsinks are a no brainer, IMHO.

Fly/land safe.

CMDR Steyla

Forget about DW2 and 3 etc. With the introduction of Leaderboard, it turned it in to a Score race. This time they even abbandoned half of their pilots so they can turn in their Exploration data befor last Season ended.
It's just a scam now.
What the heck leaderboard are you even talking about?

I was on DW2 and I did about 235 Kly. And there were some situations where I was glad that I had heat sinks. One in particular was a class F binary contact which threw me right out of SC. At arrival it felt like I jumped right to one of the stars. It took me 3 heat sinks to get out of there. You never need them until you do.

And with a big ship like the Anaconda and the engineered weight of 0.2 tons per heatsink launcher, heatsinks are a no brainer, IMHO.

Fly/land safe.

CMDR Steyla

I have to admit that i sometime don't feel very confident... like this evening, when i dropped in the middle of a 3 stars systems... quite hot.
But after 300Kly out in the black, i never died due to overheat.

And i might be wrong, but when i left the bubble about 2~3 years ago, i don't remember those lightweight heatsink.

For my next trip, may be i'll think twice about it.

Until then, i have to do with what the Chimaera has. :)

o7 commander

G'day @Thrawn29, don't worry, there's plenty of pilots still making their way to BP or exploring around there. Should be easy to find someone to meet up with!

Even if you can't be in the main private group "Fleetcom" there's plenty of pilots willing to fly in unofficial private groups to meet up. Open is somewhat ill-advised as there are known gankers hanging around; like someone mentioned, don't fly Open unless you are prepared for a, usually one-sided, fight.
Finally, if you're not part of it already, you can join the Moebius private group which are PvE-only (not enforced by game mechanics, just policy; there are rare incursions by n'er-do-wells so it's not 100% guaranteed safety, but then again apart from Solo nothing is) and in which many Cmdrs who didn't make it into Fleetcom are flying in.

As for myself, I've only just managed to get to WP10 after a dastardly incursion of "Real LIfe". Hoping to get a bit closer to BP this weekend so might see you there! My ship clock is synchronised to the old Earth timezone, GMT+9.

Cheers,
- Micha.

Greetings all,

I just arrived at Beagle Point today... The last LY were just a bunch of scoop & jump... but i'm in.
I'll stay for few days, in case some players wants to meet. :)

Commander Micha, if you're not too far...would be fun to see you on the far side of the galaxy.

Note: I don't have access to Moebius as well, no idea how to get invited there. :S

What do you mean by "last season ended" ?
Should i be afraid for all my exploration data ?
Not at all. Starbrow is just getting inexplicably worked up about a competition with which a small proportion of DW2 pilots seem to have been involved. Best ignore. Your data is fine and happy.

Top Bottom