Distant Worlds II Event DW2 XBOX edition

Good News Everyone!

Distant Worlds 2 is now in its final work-up phase. Erimus and Dr Kaii have created a new news thread over in the exploration forum and it details what we have been working on for what seems like an eternity. DW2 will be THE biggest event in the history of Elite Dangerous. I encourage you to read it.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/452358-Distant-Worlds-2-A-Journey-of-Discovery

The roster and sign up thread can be found at the very top of that thread.

There is also a very helpful website which shall be the main information collective during the expedition:

Link:

XBOX Distant Worlds Private Group
Now, some really good XBox news - you wanted a Private Group, well we now have one. The instructions are as follows:

- You need to find 'DistantworldsXB' and add him as a friend on the XBOX dashboard.
- I will confirm that your commander name is recorded on our roster. There will be no access to the PG unless you are listed and have a DW2 roster number.
- I will send you an invitation to the PG

Simple as that. There are a few minor caveats though...

- It may take a few days to gain access.. please be patient. That said, if you hear nothing for a week, send 'DistantworldsXB' a message. There may be a queue...
- The PG will follow Fleetcomm rules closely, so you are advised to read their rules here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...mm-the-exploration-focused-Private-(pc)-Group
- The PG will initially be limited to DW2 sign ups only. It may expand in the future dependent on whether Fleetcomm admin wish it to become their official XB PG.
- You are encouraged to join the Fleetcomm Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/KC56Shy

As stated in the main thread, DW2 is fully XBOX compliant, and we have a team of seasoned XB commanders on hand to deal with any specific problems or issues you may have. Just ask!

The goal is for you guys to integrate into the roles and tasks with all other platforms. Where console specific actions are required, our dedicated consoles team will be facilitating those actions, just as the PC and PS4 admins will be doing. We will try to make it as seemless as we can. Currently the only limitation is that we cannot upload discovery logs to third party sites such as EDSM.

Enjoy your reading frenzy, check your roster details, and stay tuned. This will be epic.

Last edited:
Attn: All Console Commanders - the 3+ SRV bug remains an issue at the time of writing, and until further notice should refrain from the use of SRVs in groups of three or more. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause, but feel free to submit bug reports or comments to existing bug reports

I hope this gets ironed out before DW2

Attn: All Console Commanders - the 3+ SRV bug remains an issue at the time of writing, and until further notice should refrain from the use of SRVs in groups of three or more. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause, but feel free to submit bug reports or comments to existing bug reports

Yep - this bug was a real pain earlier this year on BPE... really hope its resolved in the update...

I really want to take part in DW2. But i´m really concerned to leave the bubble.
I guess up to 20% of the active commanders will take part and this will weaken the bubble just at a time when all this Thargoid incursion stuff is coming.

Link:

Don't forget that Distant Worlds 2 will be carried out in Private Group
Add 'Distantworldsxb' on xbox live. When I have confirmed your roster number, I will send an invite to the PG. May take a while to add you, but it will happen within 7 days. If it doesn't, send a message.

ATTENTION COMMANDERS

FDev have confirmed that the SRV bug WILL be fixed with this update.

You are advised to continue to monitor the Exploration Sub-Forums for the most up to date news -

Community Goals to build a research Station next to Sag A*

LAUNCH DATE!

Last edited:
Why operate in private in stead of playing in open?

What jump range are cmdr's approximately be using?

Private group offers a degree of protection from griefers.

The bare minimum jump range is about 17.5LY, which with jumponium will get you to Beagle Point. However, I'd recommend more than that; with engineering and Guardian FSD boosters all ships can achieve over 40LY. Check out the outfitting guide for some ideas: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/462605-Distant-Worlds-II-The-Outfitting-Guide

Private group offers a degree of protection from griefers.

The bare minimum jump range is about 17.5LY, which with jumponium will get you to Beagle Point. However, I'd recommend more than that; with engineering and Guardian FSD boosters all ships can achieve over 40LY. Check out the outfitting guide for some ideas: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/462605-Distant-Worlds-II-The-Outfitting-Guide

I will be surprised if grifers is showing up on your route...

Just curious about jump range, have ships that can jump from 17ly to 50ly without guardian FSD booster.
More if I join with ships to take...

I've just signed up, in my tatty old Dolphin. (Trying to get paintwork down to 0% to see what it looks like)

My first attempt at any community based play on ED, looking forward to it. :D

Top Bottom