Here's how I think the combat system should have been and still have the gene mod system. Like JPOG dinosaurs can have hit and run combat along with the duels we currently have. Each species still has the base defense, attack, and resilience stats, but they also have a base hit points value like JPOG. Unlike other stats, hit points can't be improved.

When it comes to hit and run combat mixing with gene mods, I think it should work like this. Attack determines how much damage per attack a dinosaur can deal per strike, defense determines an actual damage reduction percentage. For instance a raptor modified to have tooth hardness deal extra damage every time it bites on the run or pounces and latches onto a big target. Meanwhile if the prey has skin toughness, it has a higher damage reduction percentage when attacked. To be honest I don't expect this to ever make it into the game, but if a sequel ever comes along this would be a huge improvement. Also check out my other thread on dinosaur animations.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/dinosaur-animation-adjustments.514328/

Top Bottom