ED - A Script Kiddie's Wet Dream

raeat

Banned
When are you going to get around to dealing with the bots, FDev?

There are issues, and then there are ISSUES. Bots used in Power Play and BGS are a CRITICAL ISSUE.
If it is permitted to continue (let alone grow) the game will rapidly cease being about or for players at all. Players will become irrelevant. No player can move as much cargo/trade/merits as a bot. All the game will end up being is a contest between script-kiddies. Is that really the future Braben envisioned?

Stop putting it off. Even if it costs you some sales of extra accounts, it is critical the game remain centered around the players.

When are you going to get around to dealing with the bots, FDev?

There are issues, and then there are ISSUES. Bots used in Power Play and BGS are a CRITICAL ISSUE.
If it is permitted to continue (let alone grow) the game will rapidly cease being about or for players at all. Players will become irrelevant. No player can move as much cargo/trade/merits as a bot. All the game will end up being is a contest between script-kiddies. Is that really the future Braben envisioned?

Stop putting it off. Even if it costs you some sales of extra accounts, it is critical the game remain centered around the players.

As an absolutely not-casual BGS player, I'd like to ask...

​what the heck are you talking about?

I haven't seen any bot yet, but lots of cutters/corvettes with turrets 'at will' "EARNED" the hard (week's gold rush) way, like hellakitty's :*

wait... or are you talking about sell cargo one at the time macros?

1-click trading was nerfed ages ago. BGS effects are now by consignment. sell all at once, sell one at the time, same result. Overall, trading is barely effective for the BGS anymore, so nobody does it apart from role play.

I don't know about PP, so no idea what you'd be referring to there.

I would love to see a video of ED bots as well. Their farming behavior in other mmos is so recognizable, if not comical.

I get the feeling this thread is going to be a hit-and-run by the OP. :(

Shame, I could use the entertainment right now, had a bad day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al I see are posts about old bots or scripts that the author says no longer works. So it seems that FD have done something about it.

Well done, FD.

Yes it's likely Frontier have been very busy. However this does continue to be a problem. For what it's worth Riverside probably has the right idea. Forward all info onto Frontier.

Top Bottom