Release ED-Intelligent Boardcomputer Extension

ED-Intelligent Boardcomputer Extension​

current release: v0.7.2 (2017-October-13)

• Trading Tool
    multiple filters: time, space/planetary, distance, landing pad size, distance to star, length of route
  • Commanders Log
  • own (private) local database, no data sharing
  • systemdata based on EDDB
  • connection to EDDN (realtime import of marketdata)
  • open source
  • optional market data import : "Starters Kit" (a bubble 20ly around you)
  • integration of ED Market Connector (EDMC)
  • simple handling/updating with installer
  • special filter for communitiy goals: only routes with a special station and/or special commodities
  • integrated companion interface for import of market data of the local station
  • status leds for companion data
  • shows your current balance in Commanders Log
  • EDSM-Interface (https://www.edsm.net/)

Screenshot "Price Analysis"
file.php

In the german ED forum is also a thread about this tool.

The development is far from being finalized, so if you have constructive suggestions, please let me know...

Got problems ?
read the FAQ and starter tips:

https://github.com/Duke-Jones/ED-IBE/blob/master/StarterTips_eng.txt

More infos here:
https://github.com/Duke-Jones/ED-IBE

The current version can be found here:
https://github.com/Duke-Jones/ED-IBE/releases

Please feel free to post any errors, hints, improvement tips in this forum
or here:
https://github.com/Duke-Jones/ED-IBE/issues
or write a mail (see adress in signature)

Duke-Jones (also ingame)

Last edited:
This is a great tool Duke. I've been using it for quite some time now. I love the auto OCR. Don't have to manually run it, just point it at the screenshots directory and it automatically runs when a new screenshot appears. I used to use a bunch of separate tools to get the same functionality out of what you put into this one package. I also like that using the community data is optional as that's not really my thing. Great work!

Can you explain a little more for me on the plausibility? This sounds awesome as it's the one thing that annoyed me with RegulatedNoise; it made no effort to check commodity names against a known list, and it also would never query any out-there prices (for example, I would think any buy/sell prices that are more than 3000CR apart (ie. profit) are always suspect). How does your version validate stuff? Sounds like it could be right up my street...

Hey Brumster,

If any commodity is found that is not already in the "default" list it asks you if you want to add it to your local database first. If it has things like a demand but no corresponding price for that demand it is flagged as suspect. I believe there are also price ranges defined for each commodity and if a price is detected outside of these ranges it again is flagged as suspect.

I find it a very reliable and just use auto import everytime. If anything suspect is found I am asked to check (which happens rarely for me).

I have had a couple of instances where it may be that a commodity has not been found at all (not certain it is not my fault), I am confident I visited a system or two with slaves available so when I found a mission that wanted slaves and paid a very good price I searched my database for the location where I found them. I could not find any sources in my database.

Something to watch out for if using any form of head tracking. You must ensure the screenshot is 100% square when you take it or the OCR will fail. I was using opentrack with an EdTracker (cheers brumster!) and when I used the toggle to disable open track the view was not reset to 100% square (open track reported approx 0.2 degree of yaw I think even though it was set to off and recentre). This caused a few problems with unrecognised data (which would now be detected by the data validation system in regulated noise and alert you to the issue). THe latest version of OpenTrack has an improved off and centre toggle that does not have the issue.

I recommend using it and Duke is very good at responding to feedback and adding features that you think of where possible.

Well done Duke. Love your version of RegulatedNoise

Jim

A.E.R. Interface

[video=youtube;9Wdi7uVZ87U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wdi7uVZ87U[/video]

AER reads EDDB gives me ideas of RN been voice controlled ...:D

This is gonna be good!

Is this currently working?

I've installed it but it keeps crashing after I take screenshots.
I verified the screenshot folder and tried to calibrate the ocr
but couldn't - or at least couldn't tell if it worked.

Last edited:
yes, it seems a few people have issues with ocr.
I going to find out what the reason is....

EDIT:
Another user sent me a dump file. While starting the ocr process RN also trys to start

"./Brainerous/nn_training.exe"

as a sub process. The error while starting this subprocess is "File not found"

Please, can you check if the nn_traning.exe is there and also the capitalisation is correct ?
If so, do you perhaps have a security software which prevents to start the sub process with "nn_trainig.exe" ?

Another dump-file would help to check if its the same causing

Aunt Edith PartII: Infos from the old thread

Q: Crash when grabbing a screenshot?
A: OCR functions REQUIRE the Visual Studio 2012 C++ Redistributables for BOTH x86 and x64, from here => https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Q: Crash when starting the EDDN listener?
A: The ZeroMQ component I use for EDDN listening, require the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 C++ Runtimes. You can get them here => https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Please check if this is the causing

Last edited:
glad you are continuing this Duke , as a new user, things may show up more than others see, ,as i was on old version , , i only dl'd this version tonight , so , if i spot anything , that maybe a bug , or user error , i'll let you know, and you can tell me off for using it wrong lolol....

there was a few things i noticed in old version ,,, ie.. if station already scanned , in db,, then few days later , you scan same station , the prices dont always update in db , notice that some things i was trading in-game was lower than what rn , showed ... but i need to test more with your version now ,,

yes, it seems a few people have issues with ocr.
I going to find out what the reason is....

EDIT:
Another user sent me a dump file. While starting the ocr process RN also trys to start

"./Brainerous/nn_training.exe"

as a sub process. The error while starting this subprocess is "File not found"

Please, can you check if the nn_traning.exe is there and also the capitalisation is correct ?
If so, do you perhaps have a security software which prevents to start the sub process with "nn_trainig.exe" ?

Another dump-file would help to check if its the same causing

mine is nn_training.exe capitalization is correct. How do I get the dmp file to you?

thanks for everything.
frank.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, seems that Visual Studio has a problem with missing files. It's a recurring bug from Microsoft.
If you can upload following files it could be helping:
%windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\mscordbi.dll
%windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\mscordacwks.dll
%windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\mscordbi.dll
%windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\mscordacwks.dll

But first be sure, if you really checked following points:

1) you have installed "Visual Studio 2012 C++ Redistributables for BOTH x86 and x64"

2) you aren't running a security or antivirus tool like "360 Internet Security", "Norton Internet Security" or another AV tool with a blocking funktionality
OR
you've disabled it temporary

If so and the issue persists I can only try to help if you send me the above named files - sorry

ok i have a few questions , which most likely mean nothing to the regular users ,, this eddn thing , i hit start listening , and i finally started getting some info , it tells me at present 549 messages,
what is it doing ,,, whats the flush and purge buttons for ,,???
so far i can't seem to use the ocr section , calibration says error, in the ui,,

i noticed some new stations appear in my list under price analyse i assume this has something to do with this eddn thing , if it is , how do i know when the data of the prices was last updated ...
dose RN auto upload my info to eddn ...

thanks guys , for helping a virgin user

ok i have a few questions , which most likely mean nothing to the regular users ,, this eddn thing , i hit start listening , and i finally started getting some info , it tells me at present 549 messages,
what is it doing ,,, whats the flush and purge buttons for ,,???
so far i can't seem to use the ocr section , calibration says error, in the ui,,

i noticed some new stations appear in my list under price analyse i assume this has something to do with this eddn thing , if it is , how do i know when the data of the prices was last updated ...
dose RN auto upload my info to eddn ...

thanks guys , for helping a virgin user

Hi Noctivagus,
* every recieved message is a price of one commodity at one station - so you've recieved 549 different prices from maybe 12 or 15 or whatever number of stations.
* flush means "refresh the GUI now with all new recieved data"
* purge means "delete all data which is recieved from EDDN - only hold my self-collected data"

Ok ?

What kind of error do you have ? With more info we may can find the anser for this .

Last edited:
yep sorry about that here you go this is what i see, . http://i.imgur.com/CWfmamR.png

Seems the programm hasn't found the ED-DisplaySettings-File. Maybe you had a error on first start ?

You can:
1) delete your "RegulatedNoiseSetting.xml". A new settings file will be created and "normally" the path
to the setting will be found (but all done settings will be lost !)

or

2) you look where your "DisplaySettings.xml" of ED lies (normally something like "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics\DisplaySettings.xml").
Close RN and open your "RegulatedNoiseSetting.xml" in a texteditor and put the right path in the <ProductAppData>-section.

check it out

EDIT: sorry - I told :
Get the path as described
e.g. "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics\DisplaySettings.xml"
and take only the part from the beginning to "Options"
e.g. "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\"

Put this path into the <ProductAppData>-section of "RegulatedNoiseSettings.xml"

Last edited:
Top Bottom