Release ED Recon: an EDMC plugin for traders and bounty hunters in Elite: dangerous

v0.7.7 is out
New feature: realtime alerts for sighted outlaws.

Other improvements: includes the latest version of EDMCOverlay which is much snappier! Thanks to Ian Norton.

Download it now!

Last edited:
v0.8.0 Powerplay PvP and tons of fixes

V0.8.1 is out!
Get it from here (just overwrite the previous version)
Powerplay PvP and tons of bug fixes for intel and realtime alerts.

New features:
Added support for Powerplay PVP:

• Cmdr pledged to a power will report enemies to EDR upon scan for the benefit of other allied EDR users.
  • Enemy info in Intel, and Sitrep
  • New commands: `!enemies` to see the most recently sighted enemies, `?enemies [on|off|ly ###|cr ###]` for realtime alerts of enemies. These commands will only be available to long term pledges (7 days at the moment but considering increasing to 30 days) to avoid shenanigans by shifting between powers.
  • Inara info about allegiance is taken into account, which means that you might get a warning if a cmdr is allegedly pledged to an enemy power per their inara info.
  • Backend changes to accommodate Powerplay related features.
  • Send !help powerplay for more details

Other:
  • Changed Karma's readable names from Wanted +++ to Outlaws +++ to avoid confusion between a player's tendencies and the in-game bounty status.
  • Added sticky comment about checking ED's focus after the overlay starts.
  • Added support for Warrant, Enemy, WantedEnemy legal status.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed issue with clock skew (some recent reports could be dropped if the computer's clock was off)
  • Fixed issue with "last 10 days's Legal Records" not always showing up (in fact rarely).
  • Fixed issue with max and last bounties not always showing up.
  • Fixed issue with Inara info not showing up on scan
  • Fixed issue with distance calculation, resulting in broken realtime alerts

Last edited:
Hi,

it seems that the typed EDR commands are also sent to other commanders as a normal chat.

Example:
I typed "!enemies" in the [local] chat. Then another commander asked me where the enemies are :x

I'm doing something wrong or is this intended ?
Is there a possibility to avoid sending EDR commands as messages ?

EDIT:
I tried to change the layout of the messages and find out the virtual screen is 1280x960.
Is there a possibility to increase the size manually (e. g. to 2560 x 1440 - this is my resolution)
So I could set output frames to the right side of my screen.

Duke

Last edited:
Hi,

it seems that the typed EDR commands are also sent to other commanders as a normal chat.

Example:
I typed "!enemies" in the [local] chat. Then another commander asked me where the enemies are :x

I'm doing something wrong or is this intended ?

It is expected. Just tell them about EDR, the more the merrier :D
An alternative would be to message one of your friend or your wing (message me if you want).
There is no way in elite to send a message that ends up in the player journal but isn't communicated to other player or in local.

Is there a possibility to avoid sending EDR commands as messages ?

Not at the moment. There might some convoluted way but haven't thought about it yet.

EDIT:
I tried to change the layout of the messages and find out the virtual screen is 1280x960.
Is there a possibility to increase the size manually (e. g. to 2560 x 1440 - this is my resolution)
So I could set output frames to the right side of my screen.

Duke

Yes, the overlay has a fixed resolution.
You currently need to do the conversion yourself: divide by 2 for X since 1280/2560 = .5 and by 2/3 for y.
Looking forward to see what layout you end up with if you don't mind sharing.

I have a question about installing EDRecon since i can't get it to work.
What folder am i exactly supposed to put into the plugins folder of edmc? edr-master? or the contents of this folder? i dont get it.
thanks

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
I have a question about installing EDRecon since i can't get it to work.
What folder am i exactly supposed to put into the plugins folder of edmc? edr-master? or the contents of this folder? i dont get it.
thanks

In the plugins folder, make a folder called EDR. In that folder, unzip the file downloaded from gitbhub. That should be it iirc.

v0.8.2 is available: Squadron Kill-On-Sight

v0.8.2 is out! Download the latest version and read the installation / setup instructions.

This release adds support for #ally and #enemy tags to mark commanders as ally or enemy of your wing / squadron on Inara.
If you like EDR, consider helping with server costs or filling up my fridge with cold beers for those coding sessions: https://www.patreon.com/lekeno

Squadron Dex (index)
If you are a member of a wing / squadron on Inara, you will have access to a Squadron Index with the following features:

• Profile info will show if a commander is considered as an ally or enemy by your squadron: `SQN Ally by <member>`
  • If you have an Inara rank of co-pilot or above, you can tag other commanders as ally or enemy.

Additional notes:

• Requires an EDR account. Apply for one here: https://lekeno.github.io
  • Only members of the same or higher rank can modify / delete existing entries.
  • Make sure that your commander name on Inara matches exactly your in-game name.

Supported commands:

• Send #enemy or #s! to tag a contact as an enemy of your squadron.
  • Send #enemy <cmdr> or #s! <cdmr> to tag <cmdr> as an enemy of your squadron.
  • Similarly, #ally or #s+ to tag a contact or commander as an ally of your squadron
  • -#ally or -#enemy <cmdr>, etc. to remove the ally or enemy tag from a contact or <cmdr> in your squadron index.

Other features
Get distances between systems:

• '!distance system_name' shows the distance between your location and `system_name`
  • '!distance origin > destination' shows the distance between `origin` and `destination`

Other improvements
Cleaner layout with sections:

• EDR = ED Recon
  • INR = Inara
  • SQN= Squadron index
  • CMD =Commander (personal) index.
  • PP = Powerplay

Added support for the "Hunter" legal status which seems to be a variant of the Powerplay related "Enemy" status.

Powerplay enemy detection: takes into account the super-powers, e.g. Federal and Imperial.

Added limits to queries to reduce server load.

Bug fixes

• Band aid fix for a failure at startup with users who have Windows account containing non-ASCII characters
  • Fixed problem with Realtime Alerts (would fail to show up when only one event got sent at a time)
  • Fixed problem where the function to get recent data from server would fail if there was none
  • Fixed problem where commander pledged to A. Lavigny-Duval were not able to register their allegiance with EDR
  • Gave NOTAMs their own timespan of 10 days instead of reusing the sitreps timespan of 3 days.

Last edited:
This i did. But it does not work.

Sorry to hear that it's not working for you...

Do you happen to have non ASCII characters in your Windows account name?
There was a bug in 0.8.1.
It should be gone in 0.8.2: try the latest release.

If it still doesn't work, send me via PM the EDMarketConnector.log file in your %tmp% directory (hit win + r, type %tmp%, enter).
If you have discord, it might be more effective: LeKeno#8484

In user/AppData/Local/EDMarketConnector/plugins ?
And you have logged in using the credentials sent to you? Or are you read-only?

I'm not logged in yet.

If it still doesn't work, send me via PM the EDMarketConnector.log file in your %tmp% directory (hit win + r, type %tmp%, enter).

Thanks for helping me out. Will do that tomorrow morning.

EDR doesn't seem to work for me in Fullscreen, but as soon as I swap to Borderless the overlay shows up. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with EDR?

v0.8.4 "Moolticrou"

Get the latest version!

Multicrew

EDR now understands multicrew sessions, both hosted and joined. Concretely, ERD will:

• show profiles of crew members as they join or when you join a crew,
  • show profiles of other sighted players,
  • report contacts,
  • show sitreps,
  • send a multicrew report at the end of a session
The multicrew report at the end of a session contains the following info:

• duration
  • captain & crew member
  • if the crew member was kicked
  • if crimes were committed or if the mothership has been destroyed
    The info will be used in a next version to show the track record of a player as they join your crew.
Profile on friend requests, wing invite and new wing members

EDR will show a commander profile for the following events:

• when you receive a friend request
  • when you receive a wing invite
  • when someone joins your wing
Note: EDR will not show profiles for the members of a wing you decided to join. Scan them to get the info.
Auto-updates

EDR will try to auto-update itself whenever a new version is available. You will just have to relaunch Elite: Dangerous Market Connector to apply the changes.
Commands now use the targeted commander

In previous version of EDR, you had 2 options to issue a command for a given commander (LeKeno for example):

• Send #ally via a direct message to the relevant commander
  • Send #ally lekeno in any of the following channels: local, wing, voicechat or even a friend.
This version of EDR adds a new option:

• First target the commander of interest, e.g. LeKeno, then issue a simple command like #ally in any of the following channels: local, wing, voicechat, friend
This saves you from having to type a commander's name which can be convoluted sometimes.
Notable bug fixes

Legal records

FIXED: updating a commander's last 10 days worth of legal records would sometime fail.

Last edited:
Troubleshooting overlay and fullscreen

Re: overlay not working in fullscreen
Are you using Windows 10 or something older?
The overlay is known to be incompatible with fullscreen on Windows 7.

Installation Not Working

In user/AppData/Local/EDMarketConnector/plugins ?
And you have logged in using the credentials sent to you? Or are you read-only?

I too have this same problem. Followed instructions exactly and it does not work. I also tried it with different levels of the included folders, but that did not work either. Then I restored it. I did not notice the overlay plugin, so I also tried dling it from GitHub and installing it. That did not help either. I am out of ideas. I could use some help. Thanks, Toruk [Toruka in the game]

OK, that worked. The two .zip file contents are completely different.
Thanks,
Toruk

Top Bottom