ED:Runner. A help program for VR headsets with joysticks/HOTAS, part 2.

One thing I seem to notice: Only a maximum of 2 launch programs are allowed, right? ...

I use it to open 5 things at once. you need to make sure the format is correct tho.

Exact open window name=Exact file path including the .exe

If you make sure that those are correct it should open them.

@Turranius One issue i do have that i am not sure why it happens, is when EDRunner launches EDMC, it causes EDMC to open a verification internet page to get me to log in to the Frontier auth system. If i launch the app normally, it does not do this. Why would this be?

was just testing this out and I find that the script says "game not running 2 second idle" in the tray.
I didn't modify the title line, and everything seems to be correct so I don't know what to do from here.

Launching the game from Oculus home, if that matters.

I used EDrunner for a few days and it works well enough. But if you use Voice Attack with HCS voice packs then you can just say "focus elite" and it will focus the window for you. It's a better solution for my use case.

Here is the list of all equivalent commands:

1. focus elite
  2. focus elite dangerous
  3. refocus elite
  4. refocus elite dangerous
  5. switch to elite
  6. switch to elite dangerous

i was looking for something like this since years.
as i almost never play ED in VR, but often on dual monitors - i didn#t know this existed and works for dual monitor as well! thank you!

Recognizing that Turranius just said a few months back that they're not updating it anymore, so my expectation for support is tamped down:

Has anyone seen an issue where this doesn't recognize your joystick at all? I've got an X-56 HOTAS (Windows 10) and the Joystick_Test doesn't seem to show any activity anywhere. I'd love to get this working since my newest way of launching ED winds up with it not on top from jump (Virtual Desktop, for some reason for me always pops the SteamVR window over the Elite one).

Side-note: This isn't on Github anywhere, is it? If so, I could do a bit more debugging myself, but I respect if it's not.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might possibly have any ideas.

o7

I know this is major old now, but it was written in Autoit actually and no, its not on Github.

I've made the autoit source available here if anyone want to play with it: https://grandis.nu/downloads/ED_Runner_2.1_source.zip

You might have a few hardcoded paths to edit. I never intended to release the source files so its basically just for me. Example:
FileInstall("H:\Scripts_and_Such\Autoit_scripts\ED_Runner\Includes\nircmd.exe", @ScriptDir & "\nircmd.exe")

Last edited:
I know this is major old now, but it was written in Autoit actually and no, its not on Github.

I've made the autoit source available here if anyone want to play with it: https://grandis.nu/downloads/ED_Runner_2.1_source.zip

You might have a few hardcoded paths to edit. I never intended to release the source files so its basically just for me. Example:
FileInstall("H:\Scripts_and_Such\Autoit_scripts\ED_Runner\Includes\nircmd.exe", @ScriptDir & "\nircmd.exe")
Thanks, was wanting to make some changes way back but never chased up on it, so I might take your generous release of the code and put it on my Github to look at it this week. Not promising anything but I'll see what I can come up with - it's been a few years since I played with AutoIT, not sure if I still have it installed anywhere.

Recognizing that Turranius just said a few months back that they're not updating it anymore, so my expectation for support is tamped down:

Has anyone seen an issue where this doesn't recognize your joystick at all? I've got an X-56 HOTAS (Windows 10) and the Joystick_Test doesn't seem to show any activity anywhere. I'd love to get this working since my newest way of launching ED winds up with it not on top from jump (Virtual Desktop, for some reason for me always pops the SteamVR window over the Elite one).

Side-note: This isn't on Github anywhere, is it? If so, I could do a bit more debugging myself, but I respect if it's not.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might possibly have any ideas.

o7
The X55/X56 are notoriously buggy, I went through 3 X55s and 1 X56 before giving up, but I do recall they are really sensitive to being on a good direct USB port, don't like many USB3 ports, and the setting in BIOS for enabling legacy USB can cause them problems as well. Also, make sure you never use the Windows calibration program to calibrate the axis and only the software for the stick - that's a tip I got from the Virpil devs when I was having issues with my throttle.

I know this is dead, but just FYI, the download link on the OP needs the http changed to https in order to d/l. Found this tonight and excited to test it out. Thx OP

Have to say, I absolutely love the program, use it every time I play Elite.

Question I have is for Non-Elite games. I already reconfigured a version to work with Microsoft Flight Simulator, except they have some weird need to change the title of their program on every version update. Is there some way to get it to wildcard and ignore the set of numbers when it looking for the program title to attach to?

Top Bottom