ED:VR, BigPicture, SteamVR & Steam Controller

Hello!

I recently got myself an Oculus Rift S. Of course I want to try out Elite in VR, as it's a dream come true! So far it works pretty well and is absolutely breathtaking!

Usually I play with my Steam Controller, as I painfully mapped every single thing I need to it. It also has a pretty neato feature as you can map the touch surface to certain functions. If you launch ED through Steam BigPicture, a radial menu will pop up and overlay to the game. This works pretty well in "2D", as long as BigPicture is running and you started ED through it, as the Overlay hooks into ED. Now, this doesn't quite work with ED in VR. The radial menu still works, but there is no overlay hooking into ED for me, so I can't see what I am actually pressing on the menu. I would be really surprised if this was overlooked by Valve, I really hope I do something wrong, but it still baffles me that this would be so counter-intuitive to get started.

Does anyone know how to make this work? I am at a loss here, and I know this is a pretty specific setup, but there have to be people with a HMD and a Steam Controller!

If anyone needs more information I'll try to reply as soon as I can.
Thanks anyways and take care!

Last edited:
I know your post is a few months old, but I wanted to ask if you ever found a solution. I too, would like to join the elite ranks of Steam Controller VR players, but so far I've only had mixed results.

Top Bottom