ED without gankers is..

Indeed - pastels, pencils and water colours are available though....
I could just as easily have used a canvas/medium of your choice metaphor, Robert. But thanks for displaying your lack of humor for the audience once again.

ED without chaotic, unpredictable player aggression is like non-alcoholic beer, fake cheese, or the picture of a voluptuous scantily clad woman; just not the same (or anywhere near as good) as the real thing.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I could just as easily have used a canvas/medium of your choice metaphor, Robert. But thanks for displaying your lack of humor for the audience once again.

ED without chaotic, unpredictable player aggression is like non-alcoholic beer, fake cheese, or the picture of a voluptuous scantily clad woman; just not the same (or anywhere near as good) as the real thing.
You could - it would have been no less subjective though.

Deleted member 38366

D
A Galaxy without GvP?

...that's a Galaxy that suddenly makes sense. I like stuff that makes sense.

My "new CMDR" (not really a fresh one or Alt) back in the Bubble was more or less forced into Solo by huge Hyperjump lags and disconnects during Instance changes.

Frequently exploring, no need for Player presence anyway. No benefit. But at least everything makes sense and follows logical rules as given by the Game Design.
I've learned to appreciate that and no sporadic 'o7' or Interdictor chasing me could make up for that.

PS.
And plus, how would anyone Gank... Bookmarks? Or Codex entries?
Wouldn't work, even if I faced a hostile Wing somewhere in Deep Space in Open. So what'd be the point for either side?

Last edited by a moderator:
We had some fun last night, starting at midnight. We (wing of 4) interdicted a wing of 2 (wanted). We killed the Krait in the first minute, but the other guy (FDL) was such a great pilot he evaded all 4 of us for about 10 minutes. Good times.

Or Lara Croft without [you know what]. Sorry, I just saw the latest Tomb Raider movie. 🏹

ED with chaotic organic balanced PvP would be like a very well-educated, martial arts trained or very physically fit, polite and sensitve gentleman. Who doesn't need to cuss or use distasteful language in order to express himself.

ED without gankers is like a day without Florida orange juice.

Kind of dry, not as sweet and a lot less nutritious.

I attack harmless bountyhunters in low security systems near eravate in my sidewinder and get killed by npc security in the process. Does it count?

I've grown accustomed to ShinDez being the most dangerous place in the galaxy after Chicago...

That was worth a chuckle, and while wallowing around in embuggened goat rope of a game that this "update" produced, we needed that! Thanks. ;-)

Boring. We patrolled Eravate last night for about an hour during prime gank time. Nada. Where was everybody? We saw a bunch of noobs even some in Kraits and Pythons but not a single "wanted" baddie looking for action.

Wouldn't it be amazing if those who routinely preyed on lawful pilots had enough courage of their convictions to embrace and maintain their "wanted" status, instead of hiding behind a broken and ineffectual C&P system?

Or that the KWS could actually work in supercruise and give license to interdict and kill a pilot who'd surpassed some notoriety threshold within the last week, regardless of their status in the current system? Even if only within systems aligned with the superpower in whose jurisdiction the crime was committed? But no, I guess that would require accepting persistent accountability for one's actions -- something that's long since gone out of faction in some cultures.

That was worth a chuckle, and while wallowing around in embuggened goat rope of a game that this "update" produced, we needed that! Thanks. ;-)

Wouldn't it be amazing if those who routinely preyed on lawful pilots had enough courage of their convictions to embrace and maintain their "wanted" status, instead of hiding behind a broken and ineffectual C&P system?

Or that the KWS could actually work in supercruise and give license to interdict and kill a pilot who'd surpassed some notoriety threshold within the last week, regardless of their status in the current system? Even if only within systems aligned with the superpower in whose jurisdiction the crime was committed? But no, I guess that would require accepting persistent accountability for one's actions -- something that's long since gone out of faction in some cultures.
Many ganker groups use prefix in their ship names to self identify. That is persistent and helpful.

Many ganker groups use prefix in their ship names to self identify. That is persistent and helpful.

Sure, and EDR is helpful in that regard, too. But it still requires acceptance of a notoriety point when you hunt the gankers who're not only hiding behind a "clean" status, but flying with report crimes on. :eye_roll:

Top Bottom