Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

It seems so.
I've relogged on all the sites (EDSM, edastro) just to be sure.

mmmmno. I'll take it as a last resource.

BTW, i tried also launching just EDDI, no game no other utilities, and it ALWAYS hangs on these lines (which are always line 45 and 46 of the log):
Code:
2023-09-09T13:53:53 [Debug] Net:DownloadString Reading response from https://edastro.com/poi/json/combined
2023-09-09T13:53:53 [Debug] Net:GetResponse Response is: : {"m_HttpResponseHeaders":["RateLimit-Limit","RateLimit-Remaining","RateLimit-Reset","Keep-Alive","Connection","Transfer-Encoding","Content-Type","Date","Server"],"m_Uri":"https://edastro.com/poi/json/combined","m_Certificate":null,"m_Version":{"Major":1,"Minor":1,"Build":-1,"Revision":-1,"MajorRevision":-1,"MinorRevision":-1},"m_StatusCode":200,"m_ContentLength":-1,"m_Verb":"GET","m_StatusDescription":"OK","m_MediaType":null}
The "wait" amount is somewhat between 4 to 10 minutes.

ONLY ONE TIME there's this line after:
2023-09-09T13:54:41 [Warning] Net:ReadResponseString Flusso illeggibile.

Otherwise it just goes with the next line:
2023-09-09T13:54:42 [Info] NavigationMonitor:.ctor Initialized Navigation monitor

May i know what EDDI asks to edastro, so i may check manually what's the answer?
EDDI downloads the .json file at https://edastro.com/poi/json/combined (approx. 5 MB) to populate galactic POIs. You can navigate and view the file in your browser. There is no further interaction with edastro after the download is completed.

Stupid question; where do I find the EDDI.log?

I'm having an issue where EDDI just stops talking for a random amount of time after a random amount of time. VoiceAttack works without issue still, I just get no response from EDDI. Then if I just continue playing for long enough, about 5-60 minutes later EDDI starts randomly talking again, with the backlog of info I missed in a long stream. I can restart VA and EDDI starts working again until it doesn't, which can take a random amount of time or just work for hours without issue.
I've tried to find commonality with specific events but I can be sitting on a landing pad or jumping to a new system or landing on a planet and EDDI just randomly won't speak about an event. I've logged in and out of all the responders and api's etc, and gone thru all my 3rd party apps to ensure nothing is reporting duplicate info to them but it still happens.

I'm assuming it's unique to my setup as I can't find anything here or on github that looks similar to my issue by anyone else. Also this has been happening since update 16, maybe before, just gotten worse the past couple of weeks so now I want to fix it. I'm hoping the log will give me* some insight/a starting point to fix this.

*But I had to come here to find something as simple as the log so who knows if it will help me personally :p

Stupid question; where do I find the EDDI.log?

I'm having an issue where EDDI just stops talking for a random amount of time after a random amount of time. VoiceAttack works without issue still, I just get no response from EDDI. Then if I just continue playing for long enough, about 5-60 minutes later EDDI starts randomly talking again, with the backlog of info I missed in a long stream. I can restart VA and EDDI starts working again until it doesn't, which can take a random amount of time or just work for hours without issue.
I've tried to find commonality with specific events but I can be sitting on a landing pad or jumping to a new system or landing on a planet and EDDI just randomly won't speak about an event. I've logged in and out of all the responders and api's etc, and gone thru all my 3rd party apps to ensure nothing is reporting duplicate info to them but it still happens.

I'm assuming it's unique to my setup as I can't find anything here or on github that looks similar to my issue by anyone else. Also this has been happening since update 16, maybe before, just gotten worse the past couple of weeks so now I want to fix it. I'm hoping the log will give me* some insight/a starting point to fix this.

*But I had to come here to find something as simple as the log so who knows if it will help me personally :p
You can find it in the install directory, usually: C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\EDDI

I've had similar problems in the past too, but they always seem to resolve themselves after a while, or a reboot.

You can find it in the install directory, usually: C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\EDDI

I've had similar problems in the past too, but they always seem to resolve themselves after a while, or a reboot.
Thx Darkcyde, I'll take a look today. Tried reboots etc, only thing that fixes it is restarting VA/EDDI. It's like it gets stuck on something, very strange.

It's not EDDI. It's my PC/Voice Attack/the way I set audio devices.
Basically, I think my PC is altering the hardware ID's on certain devices (specifically in this case audio devices), so when I switch between 2D, VR, Headphones, Quest 2 speakers, etc, Voice Attack is trying to use whichever it has been told to. Which is fine if it's "Default Device", but if I've told VA to use "Oculus Headphones" for example, and the device ID changes, then VA is trying to output to a different non-existent device. If I manually select the correct device/default device then it works, which is also why it started working again after I restarted VA. I use ED Runner to switch devices automatically between VR and 2D, so when I take my headset off/the game loses focus, ED Runner switches the device, sometimes to a non-existent device, hence EDDI stops talking mid game.

Now to figure out why the device ID's are changing ...

Last edited:
How would I change the tts? Aka where do I need to put it, because I made/edited my own. Does it look in the windows settings?

How would I change the tts? Aka where do I need to put it, because I made/edited my own. Does it look in the windows settings?
1698685404579.png

Quick question for @T'kael or @VerticalBlank regarding Mission variables...

I see in the Variables help, under Missions, there is a variable for destinationsystems for 'chained missions', however, there doesn't seem to be a corresponding version in the variables for the 'Mission accepted' event (or any other mission related event). Is this variable no longer used? Or does it store a list of destination systems as a chained mission progresses? Or is it used in some other way?

I'm just trying to work on something, and I'm wondering if it's worth taking this into consideration or not. If it's not really used, then I can skip it, and concentrate on just the destinationsystem (singular) instead.

Hope you can help. 😊

I have a weird problem:
Everytime i go fighting at a Thargoid Spire site, after a while the EDDI voice cease to speak (i don't know EXACTLY when, i'm too much busy there).
The weird fact is that the i can still see the phrases appearing in the speechresponder.out file, and i can test the scripts and hear the message... but every game event is written in the file but without audible speech.
What should i look at?

I have a weird problem:
Everytime i go fighting at a Thargoid Spire site, after a while the EDDI voice cease to speak (i don't know EXACTLY when, i'm too much busy there).
The weird fact is that the i can still see the phrases appearing in the speechresponder.out file, and i can test the scripts and hear the message... but every game event is written in the file but without audible speech.
What should i look at?
I'm not sure what the problem is but the place to look first would be eddi.log in %appdata%/EDDI.

Quick question for @T'kael or @VerticalBlank regarding Mission variables...

I see in the Variables help, under Missions, there is a variable for destinationsystems for 'chained missions', however, there doesn't seem to be a corresponding version in the variables for the 'Mission accepted' event (or any other mission related event). Is this variable no longer used? Or does it store a list of destination systems as a chained mission progresses? Or is it used in some other way?

I'm just trying to work on something, and I'm wondering if it's worth taking this into consideration or not. If it's not really used, then I can skip it, and concentrate on just the destinationsystem (singular) instead.

Hope you can help. 😊
It does exist and is used internally for managing chained missions but the contents are waypoint objects rather than simple strings which may not be very useful for use in the Speech Responder.

EDDI queries the Windows synthesizers we support (ref. System.Speech and Windows.Media.SpeechSynthesis libraries) and returns a list of voices reported as available from those synthesizers. If you've created your own SAPI 5 compatible voice and installed it correctly (with correct registry entries and so on) then EDDI should be able to access it.

Thx Darkcyde, I'll take a look today. Tried reboots etc, only thing that fixes it is restarting VA/EDDI. It's like it gets stuck on something, very strange.
This is something that various commanders have reported on and off through the years but I have been unable to identify any cause unfortunately.

It does exist and is used internally for managing chained missions but the contents are waypoint objects rather than simple strings which may not be very useful for use in the Speech Responder.
Ahh, OK, thank you. I guess I can leave that out then, and it will make my script much simpler to deal with. 👍 😊

This is the relevant one. I was not able to find any clue:
EDDI is designed to stop speech during a ship shutdown pulse then to begin speaking again (or more precisely restore the prior speech state since speech may have already been disabled) after the ship reboot is completed. I think there are some cases when you are at a spire site where the journal is recording multiple consecutive SystemsShutdown events and that these multiple records are confusing the speech state tracking.

If you can share your journals from timestamp 2023-11-24T22:32:09Z in a DM then that would help confirm my theory. The journals are saved at [Your Saved Games Folder]\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous.

I plan to put in some code to suppress the duplicated SystemsShutdown events but in the meantime you can restore speech either by using the plugin's enablespeechresponder context or by using SetState() to set the variable speechresponder_quiet to false.

(I forgot to copy this here from the EDDI Scripts thread...)

It's Christmas Eve, so what better gift to give everyone than a new version of my EDDI personality! 😁

It's been a long time (far too long if I'm honest), so I wanted to get this out now, for Christmas. It's been an interesting year, some good points and some bad ones, but I'm still here, and still (constantly) modding my personality. The player numbers have been dwindling in Elite, but I hope there are still CMDR's out there who will enjoy this update to my EDDI/VA package.

Two notable changes in this release are:
1. Autoroute, and autosetting GalMap destination, have been updated so that you need to use VA and ask for the GalMap destination to be set.
2. Unreal Tournament kill streak speech/sounds added to the FPS conflict zones.

So, here is the change log since the last release all the way back in January(!):
Released 24-12-23
=================
General
-------
- Added a new ReadMe file for the new Unreal Tournament style on-foot combat kills (also see Bond awarded below).

- VA Autoroute System
Updated the VA Autoroute system to only be voice activated. I was never 100% satisfied with how the automation worked. Sometimes it would activate at an inopportune moment, which could cause problems for the CMDR. Sometimes it would de-select an already plotted route. Making it voice only now, should eliminate those kinds of difficulties. There is already a voice command to activate it ('Plot Missions Route'), so I've just removed the calls from certain VA commands, and updated some speech in EDDI scripts, as noted below. A route will still be calculated by the EDDI scripts as before, but now you'll need to ask for it to be plotted on the Galaxy Map.
* This is still a work-in-progress. I just wanted to get this release out in time for Christmas. It should be mostly working as intended, but you may experience a glitch or two here and there. *

- 'missions...' State variables (abandoned/accepted/completed/expired/failed/redirected)
Changed these to Boolean values (true/false) where necessary in the following scripts:
Carrier jumped
Commander continued
Docked
Entered normal space
Jumped
Mission abandoned
Mission accepted
Mission completed
Mission expired
Mission failed
Mission redirected
Missions Route Clear
Missions Route Update
Missions Route Variable Report
Missions Save VA Data

Voice Attack
------------
Configure EDDI
- Added some activation speech. I seem to remember doing this before, and I'm still not sure about it...

((EDDI entered supercruise))
- Removed call to 'Autoroute' VA command.

((EDDI jumped))
((EDDI mission abandoned))
((EDDI mission accepted))
((EDDI mission completed))
((EDDI mission redirected))
((EDDI undocked))
- Removed these commands. They only had a call to 'Update Missions Route' VA command, and are no longer needed
after the missions routing changes.

((EDDI ship fsd))
- Removed as no longer used.

Autoroute
- Disabled setting the clipboard to the destination, as EDDI handles this now.
- Updated to work around the Galaxy Map bug, and fix autorouting. Removed blocking mouse actions to make this work.
- Removed most of the 'waiting for speech' loops. As this is called by voice command now, there is no need to wait for any EDDI speech at the beginning.
- Removed 'Stand by' speech.
- Added a section at the start to check and report is destination has already been set, skipping the rest of this command if it has.
- Updated the pause while the GalMap is moving to the target system, to use a logarithmic scale.

Update Mission Route
- Updated to ???
I've forgotten what I've done to this, as I had my wrist injury and left it for a while. It still seems to work though, so maybe I did what I needed to do...?

Disengage autoroute (and variations in the command)
Enable autoroute (and variations in the command)
- Removed these as EDDI/VA no longer automatically plots a GalMap route.

Plot missions route
- Updated to add acknowledge speech.

Quote of the day
- Updated variable names to 'wisdomstrings' (added an s at the end) to match the updated EDDI script.

Tell me about the [current; selected; target] system
- Added speech if report type not recognised.

EDDI
----
Bodies to map
- Rebuilt the setup code to be a little more efficient, and put the 'adding' code into a function so it's not repeated.
- Overhauled the script to add new features after a discussion on GitHub #2490:
-- Added a check for a DSS (Detailed Surface Scanner). The script will now only make new recommendations if one is installed.
-- Added a new option for reporting bodies that have already been mapped by other players, 'recommendMappedBodies'. This has three settings, described in the preferences section at the top of the script.
-- Setup code rebuilt again to make use of this new setting.
-- Updated some reporting sections to better use the setting.
-- Added new reporting sections to mention pre-mapped bodies (by other players) in certain situations.
- Fixed bodyTerraform check in the reporting section.
- Updated the report section dealing with 'no DSS installed', to actually explain this.
- Slightly updated the speech for the two 'potential' report sections, to sound better on game load.

Bond awarded
- Rebuilt this script in order to add an 'Unreal Tournament' style multi-kill speech section. This plays various WAV files from the UT game series when killing on-foot combatants in quick succession (within 5 seconds). There is a setting at the top to easily disable this if you don't like it.
See the easy to follow help file on how to get this working. Can you reach 'Unstoppable'? ;)
- Added a tally of kills per faction. This is reported & reset when you hand them in. This is not saved if you log out though.

Bond redeemed
- Added code to report your total kills for this redemption.
- Updated kill report to remark how good the kill count is (subjectively).

Book transport
- Added a State variable to store the transport type for use in other scripts.
- Removed setup of '..._combatzone_depart' State variable, as this is no longer used.

Bounty awarded
- Updated to include Scientist (seems I missed this one).
- Also included Researcher and Technician, as 'Scientist' and 'Worker' are supposed to be updated to these in-game names in the next EDDI release. (v4.0.3?)

Carrier bank transfer
- Added a script to report deposits and withdrawals.

Carrier jumped
- Updated initial IF check to match new default from v4.0.3-b1.

Commander continued
- Put the missions data section inside and IF check, to make sure data exists first.
- Updated 'missions_destination_locked' to a Boolean value.
- Removed code that set a State variable for using autoroute, as this is no longer needed.

Commander started
- Removed code that set a State variable for using autoroute, as this is no longer needed.

Crime check station
- Updated to account for settlements.

Died
- Updated to account for 'killers[<index>].equipment' sometimes being empty.

Discovery scan
- Added an additional check for reporting system materials, in case they were already reported after the jump (see 'Jumped' below).

Disembark
- Set State variable for transport type to 'void'.
- Set State variable for 'eddi_context_last_action' to 'disembark'. Used in the 'Market information updated' event script.

Docked
- Updated to use the 'state' property code from the v4.0.3-b1 default, but moved it to near the end, as I feel it sounds better there. Also added a 'Caution' if the station is under attack.
- Added the limpet check from v4.0.3-b1.
- Moved the canopy check to before the 'crime check', as that's slightly more important. ;)
- Added new State variable 'eddi_context_docked_name' to store the station name. And because of this, I've changed the '...docked_at' state variable to '...docked_type'.
- Updated 'eddi_context_missions_completed' to a Boolean value.

Dropship deployment
- Set State variable for transport type to 'void'.

Engineer report
- Updated to account for loading your game while docked at an Engineer base.

Entered normal space
- Added a section for dropping at a nav beacon.
- Updated the settlement section to only report when near after leaving it. Removed 'approaching' speech as that is now handled by 'Settlement approached' (see below).
- Updated the settlment section to say 'Surface' when appropriate.
- Added a section for dropping at a compromised nav beacon.
- Updated intro speach to use State variable for transport type.
- Updated SetState for last location to be an empty string, and not 'void'. Fixes not speaking any 'final approach' speech.
- Updated use of 'event.bodytype' with 'reportBody.bodytype' to match the default. The Journal reports moons as planets, so this corrects that error.
- Added resetting the State variable for bodytype if it's a planet or moon, as setting it to the event data at the start will be wrong for moons.
- Updated to remove system name from body shortname instances, as this doens't seem to be working for stars.
(Could be related to main star data being nulled bug).
(Update: Yes, it was related, and now fixed in v4.0.3-b4. So removed this change).

Entered supercruise
- Updated intro speech to use State variable for transport type.
- Added check and call to 'Missions Route Update'.

FSD engaged
- Updated intro speach to use State variable for transport type.
- ... and then changed it to use the new 'taxijump' variable in v4.0.3-b1.
- Removed hazardous and scoopable star reporting, to match the new v4.0.3-b1 default.
- Updated the initial Pause() check I added a while ago, to use 'status.hyperspace' instead of 'state.fsd_pause'.
- Updated the number of visits report section. It now randomly reports the number if it's greater than 5, or reports 'several' (6 to 10), or 'many' (11+) visits if the random report isn't used.

Jumped
- Added a reset for 'eddi_context_material_report' state variable.
- Updated SetState for last location to be an empty string, and not 'void'. Fixes not speaking any 'final approach' speech.
- Fixed missing full stop (period) to end of 'distance from' report for Carriers.

Liftoff
- Added check and call to 'Missions Route Update'.

- Replaced use of '..._combatzone_depart' State variable, with a '..._transport_type' check.
- Removed section that recommended launching/supercruise to autoset map route.
- Removed 'eddi_context_mission_accepted'. No longer needed after 'Autoroute' change.
- Added new State variable 'eddi_context_docked_name' to store the station name. And because of this, I've changed the '...docked_at' state variable to '...docked_type' and set it to the station model.
- Moved the mission destination report at the end, up into the ELSE of the pervious IF check. This prevents it from being spoken twice if the first part of the IF check was run.

Market information updated
- Removed the 'limpet check', to match the new v4.0.3-b1 default.
- Removed the hyphen from the 'Multipurpose' ship role, to match the default.
- Updated the IF check used to start speaking, to use the new '...docked_name' State variable in order to prevent speaking at Engineer stations, as they do not provide market or legal facilities. Also added setting 'reportEngineer' to enable checking for an Engineer station.
- Updated IF check again, to include the 'eddi_context_last_action' for 'disembark' (set in the Disembark event). This prevents the market information being spoken every time you step off your ship or a transport (taxi or dropship).

Material Desired On Body (credit to Ultra Fluffy on the Forums)
- New script, called from 'Touchdown'. Requires material 'desired' levels being set in Material Monitor.
- Checks the contextual body for materials below your 'desired' level, and reports them.
- Updated to be a little more efficient, and also use List() for reporting.

Message received
- Fixed the "send:" still being spoken. No, really this time. For sure...
- Rebased on new version from v4.0.3-b1.
- Added 'Erich' NPC name. I'm not sure if it's worth adding every one that I find isn't present in the list...
- Made some minor formatting changes. Nothing that affect functionality.
- Made the 'sort available voices' code a little more efficient.
- Added back some of my previous changes:
-- Added 'Microsoft Zira Desktop' back to the voice exclusions.
-- Reworked the end of the player message section, to better use 'sends' and voices depending on the message.
(If it is only a salute emote, then no need to use 'sends' or use a random voice.)
-- Added back my checks for being on foot and/or in stations, for NPC messages.
-- Added back the check for 'Security' in the sender name.
- Updated the 'Security' check to see if the 'from' contains the 'source' instead. Should cover more duplication possibilities now.
- Added back speaking "from", as it sounded odd without it.
- Updated NPC section to account for emotes, as they seem to use $CHAT_System; as the sender.

Mission abandoned
- Updated to rename on-foot collection/delivery missions as 'courier missions'.

Mission accepted
- Updated check for delivery missions, to prevent speech if it's an on-foot mission.
- Updated the last IF block to account for the 'Autoroute' changes.

Mission check station
- Updated to account for on-foot courier type missions.
- Updated to account for settlements.
- Fixed report speech to correctly report included mission types.

Mission check system
- Updated to account for on-foot courier type missions.

Mission completed
- Updated 'eddi_context_missions_completed' to a Boolean value.

Mission expired

Mission failed

Mission redirected
- Updated last IF block to account for 'Autoroute' changes.

Missions
- Added a check for transport type to prevent mission reports when leaving a conflict zone in a dropship.

Missions Route Clear
- Removed 'eddi_context_mission_accepted'. No longer needed after 'Autoroute' change.

Missions Route Fast
- Added code to copy the destination to the clipboard.
- Updated report section to calculate route to check if a route is possible, before reporting missions need to be located.

Missions Route Update
- Updated to not say "still" when taking your first mission and it's in your current system.
- Removed the speech sections for launching and entering supercruise to replot route, after 'Autoroute' change.

Near surface
- Updated to only set 'last_location' if leaving the surface.

Next jump
- Updated context to match the new v4.0.3-b1 default.

Ring hotspots detected
- Tweaked speech a little to make it sound a bit better.

Route details
- Updated to add Scorpion SRV search, to match the new v4.0.3-b1 default.

Settlement approached
- Added a check for approaching a settlement that is your selected destination, including appropriate speech. This replaces the section in 'Entered normal space'. EDDI will now correctly report 'on approach', even if you exit supercruise too far from the settlement. This should trigger about 85-90Km from the settlement.
- Moved 'last_subject' context to the end, as it is used in this script.
- Updated the check to account for arriving at a settlement after landing on the body rather than docking at the settlement (in cases where there are no suitable landing pads).
- Updated to report missions and crimes.
- Updated to report approach to combat zones if in a Dropship.

Ship fsd
- Reset to the new default from v4.0.3-b1, as this now does what mine did, with additional functionality.
- Removed erroneous '{set scoop_present to true}'. Looks like this was left behind from EDDI testing. ;)
- Moved the 'hazardous stars' setup into an IF block that checks the distance first, as this was part of all checks anyway.

Ship interdicted
- Moved the 'evaded' speech to the end, like the default.
- Updated the 'interdictor' speech to account for Federal or Imperial Navy vessels.
- Updated to make use of the new 'isthargoid' variable from v4.0.3-b1. Similar speech options to the default, and a large part of the script will not be spoken if interdicted by a Thargoid.

Ship refuelled
- Moved Pause() into the speech sections, to prevent any uneccessary pausing, like the new v4.0.3-b1 default.

Star report
- Updated to correct grammar to 'browndwarfs', from 'browndwarves', for the array variable. This reverses a previous change I made, which was incorrect.
- Updated the mainsequence/fastburning/browndwarfs checks to be more efficient.
- ... and then removed setup and check of 'browndwarfs' as this is never used in the script.
- Updated 'fastburning' setup to be the actual random speech, instead of setting to '1', and replaced relevant checks in the reporting speech.

Surface signals detected
- Redesigned a little, to make it more reliable. For some reason, body information isn't always available. Sometimes 'BodyDetails()' has missing data, like shortname and bodytype, so I've had to compensate for this.
- Updated the 'mapped' check. This fixes zero time being considered as 'false' and failing the check.
- Updated to remove the pseudo timestamps, and use the UNIX timestamps added in v4.0.3-b1.

Swapout check
- Updated to add the check for Guardian modules, like the new v4.0.3-b1 default.
- Revised to change instances of '.EDName' to '.edname' like the v4.0.3-b1 default.

System Exploration Report
- Fixed saying "is reported as" when it's your first visit to a system.

System materials report
- Added a State variable that will be set if the report says anything. Used to prevent repeating the report.

System state report
- Added the new Thargoid War information from the new v4.0.3-b1 default.
- Put the Thargoid War info in an ELIF check rather than having two ELSE statements.
- Added some additional variety to the Thargoid War speech.
- Updated the Thargoid War section to set up and use {remainingDays}. This now takes into account one day remaining, or if the property is void.

Target Module
- Added some of the new modules:
-- Enhanced AX Multi-Cannon
-- Enhanced Xeno Scanner
-- Shutdown Field Neutraliser
- Ordered 'unique' modules list alphabetically.
- Added above new modules to 'unique' list (not the weapon though).
- Added more speech to the testing tool, to tell you it's a new unrecognised module.
- Fixed missing comma after 'Bi-Weave Shield' in the 'unique' list.

TextWisdom
- Updated to be more efficient, and to use better code.
This was my first script, and I've learned a lot since then. ;)

Touchdown
- Added call to 'Material Desired On Body' if the ship is player controlled.

Undocked
- Added new State variable 'eddi_context_docked_name', and changed the '...docked_at' state variable to '...docked_type' and set them both to 'void'.
- Removed section that reported first route destination, as EDDI/VA no longer automatically plots a GalMap route, and the missions routing scripts already tell you of the first destination.

VA Initialized
- Moved the mission data setup into an IF check, to make sure the data exists first.
- Changed the word 'Mission' from an Occasionally(), to always spoken.
- Added a line to say the EDDI VA plugin is loaded.

Enjoy! And I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year! 🎅⛄🎁🎉🎊

Download the file from this post.

So the new Frontier livestream went out yesterday, and I'm sure many of you have heard the news. I for one am very glad to hear of the renewed support Frontier are giving to Elite for the foreseeable future.

Update 18 is immanent, update 19 will be with us in the summer. Then there are four (! 😲) new ships coming this year (Python Mk2 looks sweet!), Powerplay 2.0, and an as yet unannounced new feature (could it be base building?) coming this 'financial year' (so April '24 to April '25) too.

The future of ED is secure, at least for now, but we all know what kind of reputation FDev have, so lets see if they really have changed with the company restructuring, or if they will slip back into their old ways in a few months. Personally, I hope they keep this up.

The future is bright. The future is holographic orange (some won't get that reference, but that's ok 😉).

For those that haven't see it yet, here's the first new ship...
1706830287505.png

1706830305272.png
See you out in the black Commanders, it just got a bit brighter out there! 😊

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention above... After the livestream, I switched over to watch Malic_VR stream so that I could get my four new paintjobs. I've watched him many times before, but only this time did I realise that he uses EDDI extensively, with VoiceAttack, for controlling Elite. When he mentioned this fact, there were a couple of viewers who commented saying they thought that EDDI had died years ago, and was "a dead app" for Elite. I put them straight and told them EDDI wasn't dead, that it was still alive. They never replied to my comment, but maybe they'll think about taking another look at it. It's nice to know that at least one big(ish?) Twitch streamer uses EDDI. 😊

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention above... After the livestream, I switched over to watch Malic_VR stream so that I could get my four new paintjobs. I've watched him many times before, but only this time did I realise that he uses EDDI extensively, with VoiceAttack, for controlling Elite. When he mentioned this fact, there were a couple of viewers who commented saying they thought that EDDI had died years ago, and was "a dead app" for Elite. I put them straight and told them EDDI wasn't dead, that it was still alive. They never replied to my comment, but maybe they'll think about taking another look at it. It's nice to know that at least one big(ish?) Twitch streamer uses EDDI. 😊
For my part I use it all the time and all over the place. If it were to suddenly cease to function I'd be lost.

Top Bottom