Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

The guy modified the OP after he found the issue...
Code:
Ok, folks, confession time: I found the problem.

(sigh) I use a Thrustmaster T16000M. The fingerstick on the throttle had a click... and I had no clue it did. Score for not reading the manual.

That click is treated as a middle-mouse-button click, thus putting me into headlook... and when I was interdicted I was tense, and squeezed the darn thing harder than I usually do. Click. Suddenly my lateral thruster controls were working my headlook, and I looked where I was trying to dodge.

So, you were all right. There was something I didn't know about my HOTAS, and it bit me in the backside. But not as hard as my own hubris, when I opened this thread.

I'll leave this here for half an hour or so so that you can all give me an appropriately hard time. I might even read some of it. Then I'll ask the mods to close it down. Have fun.

Thanks! I'm glad a solution was found. That ol' T16000 finger stick gets em every time! I unbound mine when I found I had a problem with it as well.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to make a fuss earlier. I just didn't want anyone getting the idea that hacking was a "thing" for 3rd party apps, especially from everyone's apps posted on the forum. And if it were possible you could get a jump on future occurrences. I'd hate for this awesome app to catch heat because someone misinterpreted their control configs. That post did make a few waves in the forums.

Always read the manual when getting a new piece of hardware. I knew about the finger stick click from the get-go and bound it to UI focus. Now that I think about it, it was bound to 'Activate Headlock'. Glad you found a solution to it.

I am very disappointed with version 3.0.1, most variables for VA no longer work (e.g. ship compartments). Installing an older version is also not possible. :mad:

nepomuk

I am very disappointed with version 3.0.1, most variables for VA no longer work (e.g. ship compartments). Installing an older version is also not possible. :mad:

nepomuk

Hmm, I've upgraded to 3.0.1 and all my VA variables are functioning perfectly. I wonder if one of your configs has become corrupted during the upgrade? What version of VA are you using? Maybe try reinstalling both EDDI and VA?

EDIT: By that, I mean totally uninstall both, saving your VA profile and EDDI personality somewhere else first. Make sure all directories are clean and deleted for both. Then install VA fresh, and then EDDI fresh. Test them with the default EDDI profile. If it works then copy back either your VA profile OR your EDDI personality, and test again. Then if that works, copy over the other one.

This procedure will help to narrow down where the problem is occurring. It may not even be with EDDI in the end, or doing this could fix whatever was wrong.

Last edited:
Saw and commented on this post post #225 using my limited (but growing) knowledge with your app. It's about 3rd party apps and the possibility to hack them to control a users controls. If someone could drop in and do some damage control, that would be nice and I'd hate for EDDI to have that type of reputation. If I've been incorrect in my posts please do correct me!

Very happy to correct this: it's utter nonsense. I see no need to comment further.

Hmm, I've upgraded to 3.0.1 and all my VA variables are functioning perfectly. I wonder if one of your configs has become corrupted during the upgrade? What version of VA are you using? Maybe try reinstalling both EDDI and VA?

EDIT: By that, I mean totally uninstall both, saving your VA profile and EDDI personality somewhere else first. Make sure all directories are clean and deleted for both. Then install VA fresh, and then EDDI fresh. Test them with the default EDDI profile. If it works then copy back either your VA profile OR your EDDI personality, and test again. Then if that works, copy over the other one.

This procedure will help to narrow down where the problem is occurring. It may not even be with EDDI in the end, or doing this could fix whatever was wrong.

Thank you Darkcyde, that is exactly the advice I'd have given.

Does EDDI have any functionality to report on passenger carrying info. Like a cargo report for passengers?
I'm afraid not. There are still quite a few holes in the reporting FDev gives us. For example, if your passengers eject there's nothing that tells us that they're gone.

First of all, sorry for my short contribution. It was late yesterday and I was tired.
I will completely reinstall EDDI and VA. Up to now, however, an update has always worked. What surprises me is that some variables of EDDI do not work, e.g. the command ((EDDI: commander variables)), which comes with the EDDI.vap, but ((EDDI: ship compartment variables)) does not work or "not set" is output. I am currently using version 1.7.2 of VA.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Thanks for your help.

nepomuk

First of all, sorry for my short contribution. It was late yesterday and I was tired.
I will completely reinstall EDDI and VA. Up to now, however, an update has always worked. What surprises me is that some variables of EDDI do not work, e.g. the command ((EDDI: commander variables)), which comes with the EDDI.vap, but ((EDDI: ship compartment variables)) does not work or "not set" is output. I am currently using version 1.7.2 of VA.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Thanks for your help.

nepomuk

• Ok, first I uninstalled EDDI and deleted the directories
    • c:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI\
    • c:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\EDDI\
    • c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Eddi\
  • then I uninstalled VA and deleted its directories
    • c:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\
    • c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VoiceAttack.com\
    • c:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack\
  • restart as the next the PC and then installed VA Version 1.7.2 and logged on again,
  • then EDDI V3.0.1 installed. No problems up to here.
  • Then EDDI without VA tested = OK.
  • next EDDI.vap loaded in VA and keyboard shortcut for EDDI-Config created.
  • Then press the key combination for EDDI-Config and NOTHING has happened!
    In the LOG window of VA you can read:
    Shortcut: 'Configure'
    but the EDDI window does not open
  • When I enter the command ((EDDI: EDDI information)) via the key combination the following message appears: EDDI Status is Operational
  • Next I started ED and was welcomed by EDDI with "Hello Commander, wellcome back".
  • Then I executed the 7 commands for the EDDI variables

1 ((EDDI: commander variables)) - Commander information = all NOT SET
2 ((EDDI: system variables)) - Current / Last system = System OK (Last System NOT SET but I'am at the station)
3 ((EDDI: ship variables)) - Ship information = all NOT SET or 0 (utility, hardpoints, compartments, cargo, value) except name, role, model, callsign
4 ((EDDI: ship hardpoint variables)) - Ship hardpoint information = emptiness / nothing (also not 0 or NOT SET)
5 ((EDDI: ship compartment variables)) - Ship compartment = emptiness / nothing (also not 0 or NOT SET)
6 ((EDDI: shipyard variables)) - Shipyard = emptiness / nothing (also not 0 or NOT SET)
7 ((EDDI: station variables)) - Station = YES (A value or text for each entry)

And now ? :S

OK, supplement: I have stored my ship and bought a Sidy. Then the stored ship was used again and the Sidy was sold. Now the ship variables are here!!!
However, not everything is updated during storage and reuse.
But why are the names of the ship modules in German? EDDI is set to English ! ED I play in German, though.

I think my problem is similar or equal to problem no. 769 on github https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/769

nepomuk

Last edited:
  • Ok, first I uninstalled EDDI and deleted the directories
    • c:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI\
    • c:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\EDDI\
    • c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Eddi\
  • then I uninstalled VA and deleted its directories
    • c:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\
    • c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VoiceAttack.com\
    • c:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack\
  • restart as the next the PC and then installed VA Version 1.7.2 and logged on again,
  • then EDDI V3.0.1 installed. No problems up to here.
  • Then EDDI without VA tested = OK.
  • next EDDI.vap loaded in VA and keyboard shortcut for EDDI-Config created.
  • Then press the key combination for EDDI-Config and NOTHING has happened!
    In the LOG window of VA you can read:
    Shortcut: 'Configure'
    but the EDDI window does not open
  • When I enter the command ((EDDI: EDDI information)) via the key combination the following message appears: EDDI Status is Operational
  • Next I started ED and was welcomed by EDDI with "Hello Commander, wellcome back".
  • Then I executed the 7 commands for the EDDI variables

1 ((EDDI: commander variables)) - Commander information = all NOT SET
2 ((EDDI: system variables)) - Current / Last system = System OK (Last System NOT SET but I'am at the station)
3 ((EDDI: ship variables)) - Ship information = all NOT SET or 0 (utility, hardpoints, compartments, cargo, value) except name, role, model, callsign
4 ((EDDI: ship hardpoint variables)) - Ship hardpoint information = emptiness / nothing (also not 0 or NOT SET)
5 ((EDDI: ship compartment variables)) - Ship compartment = emptiness / nothing (also not 0 or NOT SET)
6 ((EDDI: shipyard variables)) - Shipyard = emptiness / nothing (also not 0 or NOT SET)
7 ((EDDI: station variables)) - Station = YES (A value or text for each entry)

And now ? :S

OK, supplement: I have stored my ship and bought a Sidy. Then the stored ship was used again and the Sidy was sold. Now the ship variables are here!!!
However, not everything is updated during storage and reuse.
But why are the names of the ship modules in German? EDDI is set to English ! ED I play in German, though.

I think my problem is similar or equal to problem no. 769 on github https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/769

nepomuk
Hi @nepomuk.
I was able to replicate this issue and I think I've generated a fix that will be effective in resolving the empty modules.
https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/pull/786

We are planning on releasing a new version before long with some bug fixes. Hopefully this will make it into that version. o7

Quick side note somehow unrelated, but I noticed I got German sounding ship names in-game since a couple of days... Funny thing. My game is set up in French.
I saw police ships with the name "Föderaler Agent" or similar (my German grammar is very rusty, forgive my declensions or lack thereof :) )

Powerplay variables reporting wrong information.

Good afternoon. I have been working on a number of scripts to report powerplay information when docking and when arriving in a system. I have noticed that the system.power and system.powerstate variables sometimes report incorrect information. I have also found that using ReportSystem, the variables also report the same wrong information as the system variables.

I am currently in the Belgitan System. According to the game this is a Control system for Felicia Winters.

This is reported in the ED log:

Code:
"Powers":[ "Felicia Winters" ], "PowerplayState":"Controlled"

The powerplay variables as reported by EDDI are:

Code:
system.power equals Zemina Torval 
system.powerstate equals Control 
reportsystem.power equals Zemina Torval 
reportsystem.powerstate equals Control

As I understand it SystemDetails querys EDDB for data. Does the system variables also use EDDB, or are they set by game journal information?

Both INARA and EDDB show that Felicia Winters Controls Belgitan.

Any ideas on what could be happening here?

Powerplay variables reporting wrong information.

Good afternoon. I have been working on a number of scripts to report powerplay information when docking and when arriving in a system. I have noticed that the system.power and system.powerstate variables sometimes report incorrect information. I have also found that using ReportSystem, the variables also report the same wrong information as the system variables.

I am currently in the Belgitan System. According to the game this is a Control system for Felicia Winters.

This is reported in the ED log:

Code:
"Powers":[ "Felicia Winters" ], "PowerplayState":"Controlled"

The powerplay variables as reported by EDDI are:

Code:
system.power equals Zemina Torval 
system.powerstate equals Control 
reportsystem.power equals Zemina Torval 
reportsystem.powerstate equals Control

As I understand it SystemDetails querys EDDB for data. Does the system variables also use EDDB, or are they set by game journal information?

Both INARA and EDDB show that Felicia Winters Controls Belgitan.

Any ideas on what could be happening here?
This information is not currently set from the journal. Instead, it currently comes only from the server. Adding it from the journal is possible (and on the to-do list), but that would only correct `system.power`, not `reportsystem.power`. For the complete solution, we need to continue to make use of server data.

EDDI doesn't query EDDB directly since EDDB does not have an official API. Instead, EDDI queries a server set up by the previous dev that is supposed to collect data from EDDB's nightly dumps (in this case, it's pulling the data from http://api.eddp.co/systems/belgitan). That server in some cases appears to hold on to obsolete information for far longer than it should.

We don't control the EDDP server and EDDI's old dev no longer maintains it. Consequently, we've been looking at options for migrating to another back-end server for some time. Now that internationalization issues seem to have dies down, that's one of the next areas we want to tackle.

Last edited:
We don't control the EDDP server and EDDI's old dev no longer maintains it. Consequently, we've been looking at options for migrating to another back-end server for some time. Now that internationalization issues seem to have dies down, that's one of the next areas we want to tackle.

Are the system variables set directly from the journal, or are all variables set by the EDDP backend server?

EDIT: Nevermind it looks like you already answered this. Thank you for your response.

Last edited:
There seems to be a little Bug , pirate message always says name and "3" then ,message IE "pirate jack Murphy 3"

There seems to be a little Bug , pirate message always says name and "3" then ,message IE "pirate jack Murphy 3"

I've upgraded to the new EDDI, and I'm not getting this problem. All messages from Pirates (and others) are sounding normal, no '3' anywhere. Check your 'Message Received' script and see if a '3' has somehow snuck into it somewhere. My guess would be that you accidentally typed a 3 when looking at, or altering, that script. I've checked the default, and there is no '3' in it.

I've upgraded to the new EDDI, and I'm not getting this problem. All messages from Pirates (and others) are sounding normal, no '3' anywhere. Check your 'Message Received' script and see if a '3' has somehow snuck into it somewhere. My guess would be that you accidentally typed a 3 when looking at, or altering, that script. I've checked the default, and there is no '3' in it.

Sorry mistake is mine. Priate Jack murphy. III is the name of the ship sent to stop the wing mission and the message is read to me as pirate Jack Murphy. (pause) 3

Sorry mistake is mine. Priate Jack murphy. III is the name of the ship sent to stop the wing mission and the message is read to me as pirate Jack Murphy. (pause) 3

Ahh, that makes sense. I must admit, I hate it when there are full stops in a name (be it a person, ship, or star system). The "G. Caeli" systems (1 & 27) are a particular PITA.

Back
Top Bottom