Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

thanks @Bridgetiol1, someone actually linked that through reddit earlier today. I have just downloaded it and started to take a look through it, looks like I will start at the beginning of the thread and start working forward to try and add some functions.

@Kenjiro really I was just hoping for any voice attack profile and paired eddi personality that someone has gotten to work well together ideally with the newer control schemes and ship states(different cockpit modes/night vision/etc), really something close to an eddi integrated kics.

Well you can try Vector Sigma (the VA profile I have been working on since 2017): https://sites.google.com/view/vector-sigma/home

The current version even lets you keep EDDI quiet most of the time (for those who get annoyed by how much 'talkative' EDDI can be). If you test it, let me know of any problems you find. ;)

Can you retrieve the current jump statistics of your ship using EDDI? like does it have the values for maximum jump range/maximum fuel effeciency jump range stored anywhere/are these values available through the API? If not is it possible to retrieve the post engineered FSD numbers or current engineering modification effects?

Answered: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/develop/SpeechResponder/Help.md#jumpdetails
Thank you again T'kael on the EDDI discord.

Last edited:
Well you can try Vector Sigma (the VA profile I have been working on since 2017): https://sites.google.com/view/vector-sigma/home

The current version even lets you keep EDDI quiet most of the time (for those who get annoyed by how much 'talkative' EDDI can be). If you test it, let me know of any problems you find. ;)

Hell Kenjiro, Im trying out Sigma now too. Couple of things...
1. according to commands list Silent Running on/off need prefix Sigma as a safety device. I've tested and both on and off work without the prefix.

2. also seems to be very sensitive, just while typing this message Sigma as responded to several commands ( I haven't given) such as afternoon/select wingman two/amy/who are you etc.

@Longshanks the commands with a ; after them and nothing else or prefaced by ; are optional commands, to get a lot of the false positives out of the way I removed all of the commodities/materials/galexypedia information into a separate profile that I can change to and change back from with a verbal command. Then I removed a heap of the optional triggers to reduce the permutations that could possibly trigger. I also removed all optional commands to trigger a cargo dump and added a randomised authorisation code to actually execute a cargo dump. If you want any of the auth code scripting let me know and I will paste it in.

Last edited:
@Longshanks the commands with a ; after them and nothing else or prefaced by ; are optional commands, to get a lot of the false positives out of the way I removed all of the commodities/materials/galexypedia information into a separate profile that I can change to and change back from with a verbal command. Then I removed a heap of the optional triggers to reduce the permutations that could possibly trigger. I also removed all optional commands to trigger a cargo dump and added a randomised authorisation code to actually execute a cargo dump. If you want any of the auth code scripting let me know and I will paste it in.

kk, this statement on your command list page (*I added the "Sigma" prefix to avoid enabling this commands by accident. We know how dangerous these can be in the middle of a fight ;) ) led me to believe using Sigma prefix was a requirement

Last edited:
Hello there, I believe the "sensitivity" is not Sigma's fault, but window's speech recognizer or Voice Attack, I am not sure. Often times I open the Galaxy Map to type the name of a system. Out of the blue I hear Sigma saying "Dropping engines to zero", as if I had issued the "zero" command. Who would know why the sound of my keyboard is interpreted as the word "zero" ahahahahahaha

Thanks for pointing out that error regarding Silent Running. I just RE-FIXED the commands. I had done that way before (and that's why the instruction is on the site), but then one day I did some loads of changes on Sigma's "code" and suddenly it stopped listening to commands. So I had start working on the previous version, redo all the changes...and I forgot about the silent running change.

Next version will have that corrected :D

If you have more feedback, please send them as private messages (or I could create a thread for this purpose). I don't want to "hijack" this thread.

And please, feel free to use Sigma's command to improve/create your own profiles. It's nice to know my work is being usefull to someone, even if not by directly using Sigma :D Just like I started the project based on Anubis (by Zenuel).

3.7.1 is the current version
Thx Kenjiro, you've put in alot of work, nice. Wish I could be that structured and neat
my profile is a total mess lol

Guys/girls, I created a topic to talk about Sigma, announce new releases, etc (I should have done this ages ago).

Let's take the suggestions, requests and complaints about Sigma there. Let's not disturb the EDDI good people any longer :)

Does anyone know how to increase the voice volume in EDDI? It is maxed out in the GUI setting, very quiet compared to the rest of the sounds and voice packs in ED.

I am using Ivona Amy as the voice for EDDI

Does anyone know how to increase the voice volume in EDDI? It is maxed out in the GUI setting, very quiet compared to the rest of the sounds and voice packs in ED.

I am using Ivona Amy as the voice for EDDI

Have you checked EDDI volume on Window's mixer (I think this is the name). Perhaps it is lower than the other applications.

Have you checked EDDI volume on Window's mixer (I think this is the name). Perhaps it is lower than the other applications.

Thanks for the quick reply mate. EDDI doesn't have it's own slider in the mixer, at least not on my system (Win10 64 bit Pro)

It's ten years since I published any software, but here goes. This wiki explains how to install and run an EDDI/VA combination that helps a commander to land at given latitude and longitude on a planet. I'm new to gitHub and to EDDI, so all (helpful) suggestions will be appreciated.

ok I'm still out exploring on DW2 yeah I only just got to Beagle Point a couple of days ago. I was trying to see if when ((EDDI Body Mapped)) is triggered to get it to just say "Earth like mapped" or "High metal Content mapped" I thought I could have just added the bodytype variable into the script but i doesn't say what the body type is.

Ta ö7

Top Bottom