Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

Is there a way to get a list of systems that can be reached in a single jump (based on current loadout and fuel level) from your current location?

EDIT: Spoke on the Discord about this and opened a feature request on GitHub.

Last edited:
ok just looking though the help.md and the RouteDetails() part and been wondering, how would I ask "Where is the nearest material trader?" it will tell me, or If I say "Target nearest material Trader?" in VA and it copies the nearest system name into clipboard ready for pasting into the galaxy map or whenever i need it.
Is there sample VA scripts that I could have a look at?

Obviously I'd probably want to ask for Materials Trader, Tech Broker, Interstellar Factors, Guardian Broker, etc....

ATM I'm still out exploring my way to Colonia from Beagle Point and adjusting my exploration scripts as I go. Probably make another post about that in a few mins

BTW Totally love Darkcyde's - "Explorer's Edition" profile & have been incorporating his profile into my own for ages.

ok just looking though the help.md and the RouteDetails() part and been wondering, how would I ask "Where is the nearest material trader?" it will tell me, or If I say "Target nearest material Trader?" in VA and it copies the nearest system name into clipboard ready for pasting into the galaxy map or whenever i need it.
Is there sample VA scripts that I could have a look at?

Funny that you ask. I have some VA commands that I will be releasing to the community that do just that.

Hi folks,

I was hoping someone could recommend a less verbose version of the EDDI scripts - I love the info provided, but when you're jumping systems, you end up 3 systems ahead of it. Was hoping for something more succinct.

Hi folks,

I was hoping someone could recommend a less verbose version of the EDDI scripts - I love the info provided, but when you're jumping systems, you end up 3 systems ahead of it. Was hoping for something more succinct.
Well as far as i know there is no "succinct" profile Personality. What i did was copy the default personality and make my own changes. Been pretty much making my own and using other personalities like DarkCydes asa base aswell as my own scripts to build mine. I've pretty much been working on it since the EDDI1.0 and probably the only thing that actually keeps me playing Elite Dangerous.

As soon as I saw what EDDI could do back in version 1.0
Especially now that I've gone VR, it totally adds to it even more. I actually having fun working on my own EDDI

Are you using the latest default scripts Zapgun? We altered them a while back to stop them backlogging during fast jumping and the majority of them are now set up to be easily customisable by setting some preferences in the top of the script.

Last edited:
Need a little help here.

I am trying to make a hardpoint script for use in VA. I've coded a little here and there so the syntax for the EDDI speech responder was not too difficult to grasp.

Made my test script, fired up a live session of ED (solo), deployed hardpoints, hit Test: "Hardpoints deployed." Sweet! Retracted hardpoints, hit Test: "Hardpoints retracted". Great!...maybe not.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to "name" the script, so that I can use the VA command: ((EDDI blah blah blah)). For example, the Docked script is ((EDDI docked)). Can I name my script anything I want (right now it's just "hardpoints deployed") and use ((EDDI hardpoints deployed)) in VA?? Or is there an "official" name the script has to have to be recognized?

Thanx

Need a little help here.

I am trying to make a hardpoint script for use in VA. I've coded a little here and there so the syntax for the EDDI speech responder was not too difficult to grasp.

Made my test script, fired up a live session of ED (solo), deployed hardpoints, hit Test: "Hardpoints deployed." Sweet! Retracted hardpoints, hit Test: "Hardpoints retracted". Great!...maybe not.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to "name" the script, so that I can use the VA command: ((EDDI blah blah blah)). For example, the Docked script is ((EDDI docked)). Can I name my script anything I want (right now it's just "hardpoints deployed") and use ((EDDI hardpoints deployed)) in VA?? Or is there an "official" name the script has to have to be recognized?

Thanx
It sounds like you'll want to use the speech plugin action to invoke your script from VoiceAttack. https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/wiki/VoiceAttack-Integration#speech

Need a little help here.

Thanx

Not sure why you'd want to call a Speech Responder script within a VA command for this particular application.

Here's my VA Command as an example:
Code:
Begin Condition : ([Status docked] Equals False AND [Status supercruise] Equals False)
    Begin Text Compare : [{LASTSPOKENCMD}] Starts With 'deploy'
        Set Boolean [~status] to False
        Set Text [Script] to 'Deploying [and readying;] [armaments;hard points;weapons].'
    Else If Text Compare : [{LASTSPOKENCMD}] Starts With 'retract'
        Set Boolean [~status] to True
        Set Text [Script] to '[Retracting;Stowing] [armaments;hard points;weapons].'
    End Condition

Begin Condition : ([Status vehicle] Equals 'Ship' AND [Status landed] Equals False)
        Begin Boolean Compare : [Status hardpoints deployed] Equals [~status]
            Execute command, '((Hardpoints))' (by name) (and wait until it completes)
            Set small int (condition) [~i] value to 20
            Start Loop While : ([Status hardpoints deployed] Equals [~status] AND [~i] Is Greater Than 0)
                Pause 0.1 seconds
                Set small int (condition) [~i] value as decremented by 1
            End Loop
            Begin Small Integer Compare : [~i] Equals 0
                Set Text [Script] to 'No response.'
            End Condition
            Execute external plugin, 'EDDI 3.4.3'
        End Condition - Exit when condition met

Else If Text Compare : [Status vehicle] Equals 'SRV'
        Begin Boolean Compare : [Status srv turret deployed] Equals [~status]
            Execute command, '((Hardpoints))' (by name) (and wait until it completes)
            Set small int (condition) [~i] value to 20
            Start Loop While : ([Status srv turret deployed] Equals [~status] AND [~i] Is Greater Than 0)
                Pause 0.1 seconds
                Set small int (condition) [~i] value as decremented by 1
            End Loop
            Begin Small Integer Compare : [~i] Equals 0
                Set Text [Script] to 'No response.'
            End Condition

End Condition
End Condition
Set Text [Script] to 'Unable to comply.'

All EDDI plugin contexts are 'say'.

The purpose of the loops is to account for the inherent lag between an action and the 'Status' variables updating. I personally don't like to assume that an action actually occurred.

Last edited:
Thanx for your reply and for sharing your command. I guess my question wasn't too clear.

I've been using EDDI and VA for like two years. I have all my commands set up, including a hardpoint "status tracker", but let me ask this (as it might answer my question): how is your [Status hardpoints deployed] variable set? Are you "manually" setting and tracking it or are you accessing EDDI's variable: status.hardpoints_deployed? (https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/wiki/Variables - under Status/hardpoints_deployed/
a boolean value indicating whether hardpoints are currently deployed).

I'll simplify my original question and give an example:

In VA, I call ((EDDI docked)) to set my docked status (since this event fires off when docked, I use it to set my BOOL [DockStat] = True)

What I want to know if there's a VA command like ((EDDI blah blah blah)) for hardpoint status. OR how can VA access the EDDI variable status.hardpoints_deployed.

Ok, this explains the disconnect.

I'm not manually setting anything. {BOOL:Status hardpoints deployed} is the VA version of status.hardpooints_deployed in the Speech Responder.

Most (but not all) of the EDDI variables are directly accessible through VA.

In VA, I call ((EDDI docked)) to set my docked status (since this event fires off when docked, I use it to set my BOOL [DockStat] = True)

You do not need to do this! Docked status is always available via {BOOL:Status docked} . To reiterate, all status variables are available in VA. The intent of sharing my command above was to show you how to use the VA Status variables. Please note how I used a number of the variables in my command above... {BOOL:Status docked}, {BOOL:Status landed}, {BOOL:Status supercruise}, {TXT:Status vehicle}, {BOOL:Status srv turret deployed}.

The VA integration wiki should connect the rest of the dots.

I sense you have some VA command revising in your future. 😉

Last edited:
Ok, this explains the disconnect.

I'm not manually setting anything. {BOOL:Status hardpoints deployed} is the VA version of status.hardpooints_deployed in the Speech Responder.

Most (but not all) of the EDDI variables are directly accessible through VA.

You do not need to do this! Docked status is always available via {BOOL:Status docked} . To reiterate, all status variables are available in VA. The intent of sharing my command above was to show you how to use the VA Status variables. Please note how I used a number of the variables in my command above... {BOOL:Status docked}, {BOOL:Status landed}, {BOOL:Status supercruise}, {TXT:Status vehicle}, {BOOL:Status srv turret deployed}.

The VA integration wiki should connect the rest of the dots.

I sense you have some VA command revising in your future. 😉

Well, I certainly have no reason to doubt you, but {BOOL: Status hardpoints deployed} was the first thing I tried because it was so obvious, however I got nothing. Matter of fact, I've cut and pasted the majority of those bits of code from Github into VA and they've never worked.

If it's supposed to be that simple, then I might have to reinstall VA and EDDI, because it's not working for me.

I really appreciate you time and help. Glad to know I was at least on the right track.

Thanx for your reply and for sharing your command. I guess my question wasn't too clear.

I've been using EDDI and VA for like two years. I have all my commands set up, including a hardpoint "status tracker", but let me ask this (as it might answer my question): how is your [Status hardpoints deployed] variable set? Are you "manually" setting and tracking it or are you accessing EDDI's variable: status.hardpoints_deployed? (https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/wiki/Variables - under Status/hardpoints_deployed/
a boolean value indicating whether hardpoints are currently deployed).

I'll simplify my original question and give an example:

What I want to know if there's a VA command like ((EDDI blah blah blah)) for hardpoint status. OR how can VA access the EDDI variable status.hardpoints_deployed.

Hi,
Sorry if I did not understand correctly (poor english here). But to track if hardpoints are deployed or retracted in VA I just use the {BOOL:Status hardpoints deployed} and it works perfectly.

Example:

Begin Boolean Compare : [Status supercruise] Equals True
Play random sound (2 items) - # just to say cannot do it when in supercruise.
Begin Boolean Compare : [Status hardpoints deployed] Equals True
Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\elite profile sounds\weapons - hardpoints are alerady deployed.mp3'
Press Left Ctrl+H keys and hold for 0,1 seconds and release - # A key bind to deploy/retract haardpoints.
Play random sound (4 items) - # random message acknowledging the command was performed.

Are you using the latest default scripts Zapgun? We altered them a while back to stop them backlogging during fast jumping and the majority of them are now set up to be easily customisable by setting some preferences in the top of the script.

Just wanted to thank you again - the new profile and version seems much less verbose (I was using Darkcyde's personality in the older version - which is great but a bit chatty).

On to my next problem - I was trying to get one of the newer 22k Ivona voices working, but it seems to crash after a few minutes of running (my older Amy seems OK though). Has anyone else this problem, or know a solution?

Hi,
Sorry if I did not understand correctly (poor english here). But to track if hardpoints are deployed or retracted in VA I just use the {BOOL:Status hardpoints deployed} and it works perfectly.

Example:

Begin Boolean Compare : [Status supercruise] Equals True
Play random sound (2 items) - # just to say cannot do it when in supercruise.
Begin Boolean Compare : [Status hardpoints deployed] Equals True
Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\elite profile sounds\weapons - hardpoints are alerady deployed.mp3'
Press Left Ctrl+H keys and hold for 0,1 seconds and release - # A key bind to deploy/retract haardpoints.
Play random sound (4 items) - # random message acknowledging the command was performed.

I'd like to thank all of you for your help and patience.

But, again, neither [Status hardpoints deployed] nor {BOOL:Status hardpoints deployed} (nor ANY of those command variables on the Github page) are working for me.

Like I said, I might have to reinstall VA and EDDI or see if I've borked some EDDI setting somewhere, to see if that solves the issue.

Thanx again to all of you. o7

Technomancer,
Do any EDDI status, events, etc., works directly in voice attack? If not, please check if EDDI is installed at the correct folder. I know it may be a dumb question, but check if it's installed inside the \VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI folder.

Good luck!

I was using Darkcyde's personality in the older version - which is great but a bit chatty
Yeah, the last public version is based on the old exploration scripts, with a few additions. Since the new exploration system and script updates in the latest versions of EDDI, I've been working to adapt them to my personal taste, but trying to maintain the low amount of speech. At the moment, I have it quite close to default for its verbosity. My main problem is that I'm still on the other side of the galaxy, and I want to get back to the bubble before making any new releases, so may be a while yet. :/

Top Bottom