Release EDDI - Windows app for immersion and more

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
An observation, dunno what exactly is responsible for it:
when approaching some planets, i get a warning bc 'extreme gravity', when in fact it's even below 0.5g.
The occasions where i doublechecked the sysmap i found no g given there at all, so perhaps not been surface scanned.
What confused me is the fact the script looks for numbers higher than x, so if it's null / zero it shouldn't fire...
Anyone seen the same or has a workaround for that?

edit: obviously i don't use the default script here, picked up from the forum. Checking yesterdays journal, a body gravity can't be found.
The listed variables mention body.gravity. Where would the values be coming from? And why is it triggered when it has to be >3 to report 'extreme gravity'?
Really no clue on this one.

Last edited:
How do I turn off the reading of messages from the NPCs? I am getting spammed and I believe it is preventing commands from executing until the messages are ready. I did not see a way to turn these off in the Configuration App.

Um, which file is edited to remove the reading of NPC speech? I opened all the .XML files in my D:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI folder but was unable to find the strings.

Thanks very much!

Last edited:
Um, which file is edited to remove the reading of NPC speech? I opened all the .XML files in my D:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI folder but was unable to find the strings.

Thanks very much!

That's not how it works. Open EDDI and check the 'speech responder' tab, edit the accomodating scrip there.
:)

That's not how it works. Open EDDI and check the 'speech responder' tab, edit the accomodating scrip there.
:)

To expand on that, on the speech responder tab, if you haven't already made a copy of the default personality, then click "Copy personality" and supply a name and description. Then scroll down the the "Message received" row in the table and click the "Edit" button on that row.

e3pfSoR.png

Edit is greyed out on everything for me? So is delete FWIW.

Oh. Note to self. Don't name new personality EDDI. :)

Last edited:
An observation, dunno what exactly is responsible for it:
when approaching some planets, i get a warning bc 'extreme gravity', when in fact it's even below 0.5g.
The occasions where i doublechecked the sysmap i found no g given there at all, so perhaps not been surface scanned.
What confused me is the fact the script looks for numbers higher than x, so if it's null / zero it shouldn't fire...
Anyone seen the same or has a workaround for that?

edit: obviously i don't use the default script here, picked up from the forum. Checking yesterdays journal, a body gravity can't be found.
The listed variables mention body.gravity. Where would the values be coming from? And why is it triggered when it has to be >3 to report 'extreme gravity'?
Really no clue on this one.

This was reported occasionally in earlier versions and I don't think jgm ever got to the bottom of it. If you ever find that you can reproduce it at will, it would be a great help if you could turn on verbose logging and trigger it.

This was reported occasionally in earlier versions and I don't think jgm ever got to the bottom of it. If you ever find that you can reproduce it at will, it would be a great help if you could turn on verbose logging and trigger it.

will do. question remains, where is the body.gravity pulled from if not from the journal? directly from the api?

Thx mate, that seems to explain it. Body isn't in there. I have 'send to EDDN' checked, so i basically need to surface scan the particular bodies to get them in there?
But what values are received if it isn't so EDDI gets a value >3? Would that be covered with verbose logging?

It could be bad data in the EDDP server then. (We're planning to move off that server but that's another story). If you can let us know the system and body in question, and refrain from scanning it, we'll look into it.

Verbose logging may help, I'd have to read the code more closely to be definite, but what we really need is to inspect the server's record for that system without any further disturbance to it.

It could be bad data in the EDDP server then. (We're planning to move off that server but that's another story). If you can let us know the system and body in question, and refrain from scanning it, we'll look into it.

Verbose logging may help, I'd have to read the code more closely to be definite, but what we really need is to inspect the server's record for that system without any further disturbance to it.

here you go, mate:

"event":"SupercruiseExit", "StarSystem":"HIP 106100", "Body":"HIP 106100 A 4", "BodyType":"Planet"

So refreshing to get such an understanding response. Thanks and I hope we can nail it down soon.

It worked properly going to outfitting first. I think there's something with the journal when you go straight to the livery without going to outfitting first. Seems it doesn't write the event type. And that's not you guy's fault. That's on FD. Nothing you can do about it if the journal isn't written correctly.

It worked properly going to outfitting first. I think there's something with the journal when you go straight to the livery without going to outfitting first. Seems it doesn't write the event type. And that's not you guy's fault. That's on FD. Nothing you can do about it if the journal isn't written correctly.

Glad to know the workaround works. As I said, an FD dev is aware of the malformed journal entry so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I have a problem right now. My EDDI is out of sync with the installed Windows TTS voices. Where does EDDI save that information and where can I reset it so that it matches again ? Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom