Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Is there a way to get EDD to populate / repopulate the suits and weapons? It seems very sparse on my commander, listing 3 suits and 2 weapons when actually it possesses more.

Just to keep you up to date, we have been furiously adding more stuff for the next release.. (15.2? 16 not sure). We have added a new carrier stats panel, and greatly enhanced the stats .. with graphs and more tabs such as combat. Plus its quicker.

1667143046613.png

Attachments

• 1667142987501.png
    1667142987501.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 43
Hello!
Is there any kind of known bug that certain events dont show up in the list after you selected them? I am trying to figure out when I last docked before the current one and I simply cannot find that event in the logs. There is only ONE entry, the current one. I do not see any other docking events, selling multiple exploration data events etc from the past. Is there some magic required to just display docking events?!
I cant even display undocked, or docking request granted etc. Its like all current settings are frozen.

/wait a minute. Maybe thats one of those settings that not everything is loaded after a certain amount of time. Got to try this out.
// We have a bingo.
zwischenablage01heccr.png

Last edited:
Update 14 is supposedly to arrive on 29th. See this notice:

How Update 14 and EDD will work.

As you probably know, Frontier are splitting the galaxy: Legacy galaxy and Live galaxy.

EDD keeps a history of your endeavours. After this split occurs, you will have two parallel commanders, each with the same previous history, but one in the legacy galaxy and one in the live galaxy.

EDD needs to keep them separate. To do this, when a journal file is written for the legacy commander and EDD sees it, it will create a new commander called cmdrName (Legacy). You will still have a commander called cmdrName.

Gameplay journal entries in legacy mode will be assigned to the legacy commander, gameplay journals entries in live mode will be assigned to the normal commander.

Version 16.0 will support this.

If you continue to use the previous EDDs, all gameplay, live and legacy, will be assigned to your single commander instance.

Unfortunately, as of Saturday, Frontier have not disclosed to us at EDCD how we can identify a legacy game from a live game. Hopefully by Tuesday they will, and it will be simple, and the EDD team can produce a 16.0 client which supports this. If not, I suggest you only play in live galaxy until we get this information and can produce 16.0.

Regards

Commander Robby.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, as of Saturday, Frontier have not disclosed to us at EDCD how we can identify a legacy game from a live game. Hopefully by Tuesday they will, and it will be simple, and the EDD team can produce a 16.0 client which supports this. If not, I suggest you only play in live galacy until we get this information and can produce 16.0.
So much for helping 3rd party app writers.

Obv the proof will be in the pudding if this works correctly in our new parallel universe, but i've released it so that if you do play in legacy, you'll at least have a chance:

Obv the proof will be in the pudding if this works correctly in our new parallel universe, but i've released it so that if you do play in legacy, you'll at least have a chance:

Thanks so much for your work! 👏

Oh goody. Now I can still make trips in 3.8 (y)

Have I done something stupid? EDD is no longer automatically loading events for me. It just sits there until I change commanders or restart EDD before the history updates.

Please tell me I clicked something by mistake. (I tried rolling back to 16.0.1 but no difference.)

Last edited:
Might it be that you just hid every event on the history tab?

nope ... history shows all events (I have it set in settings to include "all entries for statistics") - changing to a different commander and then back again the history fills up - it just doesn't add from the journal until that is done (or EDD restarted) - happens with every commander.

I am really hoping that it is something simple like a check box I have cleared by mistake or similar as this has made EDD useless for my exploration / travel use.

Here for example, I just started EDD, selected my commander, loaded Odyssey - nowt updated in EDD since the last shutdown:

fnord edd t.jpg

Now, after switching to another commander in EDD and then back again we see the startup events appear:

fnord edd t 2.jpg

So it is something stopping the events being loaded "on the fly".

Last edited:
That sounds odd. Please send me the logs in EDDs log folder ( %localappdata%\EDDiscovery ).

Also if you use Discord please join our server, such things are not easy to handle using the forums.

That sounds odd. Please send me the logs in EDDs log folder ( %localappdata%\EDDiscovery ).

Also if you use Discord please join our server, such things are not easy to handle using the forums.

My logs are not there - my database is on the D drive - I notice that for the 2nd and 3rd they are totally different files :

WHOOPS ... made a mistook

OK now I see the correct log files. DUH!

I don't use Discord though. DM sent

Top Bottom