Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Sounds like another case of "I closed EDD while the DB was being built and now the DB is broken and caught in an endless cycle."
Go to EDDs app data folder (default %localappdata%\EDDiscovery ) and delete EDDSystem.sqlite to start all over.

I don't know. I have 2 copies of EDDiscovery on 2 different computers. On the one computer (where the ED is located) it wont download the database either. The map icons are fine. The other copy (on my 2nd computer) wont download the database either AND the map icons are all messed up. Pic below. Hold your cursor of them and it says "No scan data availible. I'm at a complete loss which is a shame since I use this program all the time.

-Rick

Attachments

• icons.jpg
    icons.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 46
Please share the EDDs log folders from both.

The system in your screenshot might be one of those pre-scanned ones that you're unable to get body data using your ship's scanners. Please scan the nav beacon - or try clicking the EDSM button you see in your screenshot to see if it's just turned off (the systems DB and this are completely different things).

The ED button defaulted to off, which I wasn't aware of. It shows the proper info now. The EDDSystem.sqlite file is sitting at 48k and never changes. By share do you mean post them here or make sure they are in a shared folder? Folder is already shared with full read/write access. Thanx for all the help.

-Rick

Share with me ;)

Sitting at 48 kB means nothing is filled into it at all. Are you sure you activated the star data download on the settings panel? (Please share a screenshot.)

I looked at it cross-eyed, stuck my tongue out, and growled at it and it's working now. Go figure. Currently both downloads are at 63000000 so all is good.

-Rick

For the 3dmap problems with various graphics cards, I've made a debug .zip version of 15.0.4 which can be just unzipped into a folder and tried. Its in

If your having problems with the 3dmap, please try it and report back any messages given, and also the trace log found inside the data location (..location of zip\data\log) which will have information in it.

@varonica you may want to see why you can't open it in certain situations.. ;-)

Did a search with no results...

Anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

" \Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous
* Web server is disabled * "

Shows up in the log window

Hi folks, I just updated from 12.1.7.0 to 15.0.4 using the EXE, and all my settings were wiped. I don't even know where to start in order to get back to where I was. I will say that some files, such as the log, still seem to be the old version. So I re-ran the installer for 12.1.6 (seems I didn't download the 12.1.7 EXE)... Hold up...

The installer is removing spaces from the user data path. The installation created a second data folder. The proper spaces are shown during setup, but it creates the new folders and sets up the erroneous data location.

Sorry if this was already figured out and I missed the post.

Working around...

My issue has been resolved for now by moving my data to the newly created folder. I hope my information proves useful. I will attempt to complete the fix at a later date. FWIW, my old data folder was "C:\- Games.Win\- Utilities\Elite Dangerous\EDDiscovery\Data" and as noted, this was reflected during setup. New data folder is "C:\- Games.Win\- Utilities\Elite Dangerous\EDDiscovery\Data", and these are both a cut/paste from Explorer to be sure. The program folder is at the former location, as expected. Should you want/need more details, please let me know.

Just a finding I didn't know about - but then I didn't do all the reading I should have done anyway, silly me - but I stumbled across something.

I was finding my download of systems was taking a lot longer than it dd when I first started using the program. So... I restarted it in safe mode and looked at where the dbase was held. For some reason, and this is probably something i inadvertantly did, it was on my HDD.

I changed this to a folder on my SSD and, hey presto! - speed!

Suburashi!

Top Bottom