Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Thank for the great work

Any thought on adding more functionality to the webserved version?

I often us a separate laptop from my PC while in ED for looking stuff up.

Thanks again for all the great work.

I can always add more. What else is needed? It's harder to add stuff to the web version because it has to be coded at both ends.

Remember of it's a laptop, you can run edd on that laptop and read the journals from the main pc, via a windows folder share.

I can always add more. What else is needed? It's harder to add stuff to the web version because it has to be coded at both ends.

Remember of it's a laptop, you can run edd on that laptop and read the journals from the main pc, via a windows folder share.
I'll give that a try!

Hello. Please add two fields to "Bookmarks". I need to add "Categories" and "Tags". This will make "Bookmarks" more functional and convenient. I have a lot of them, and it is very difficult to navigate through them without Categories and Tags. The third thing you can add is "Folders", but that's at your discretion.

Extras. It would also be desirable to add "Tags" to the "Flight History". This will allow to quickly mark some systems with a special Tag. And then quickly find them in the "Flight History" using the "Tags" filter. The "Notes" field alone, is not enough. I use the "Notes" field. But it is not enough for such a huge number of events displayed in the "Flight History".

Not sure if this possible but...

When you arrive in a system that has on-foot CZ's (and perhaps ship CZ's), it would be nice to see the settlements/economy with their relevant threat level. Don't know if this data can be interrogated and reported by EDD...

Perhaps I'm just being anal... :D

Can EDD give me an alert for thin water atmospheres? I don't see atmosphere types as an option in the surveyor searches, so not sure if there is another way...

Extras. It would also be desirable to add "Tags" to the "Flight History". This will allow to quickly mark some systems with a special Tag. And then quickly find them in the "Flight History" using the "Tags" filter. The "Notes" field alone, is not enough. I use the "Notes" field. But it is not enough for such a huge number of events displayed in the "Flight History".

There is already a Marked and a Mark drop down on the history panel.

1703504671236.png

Right click to mark an entry

A new workticket for your other bookmark suggestion has been made: https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/projects/3#card-91421504

Not entirely clear why you need two fields.

There is already a Marked and a Mark drop down on the history panel.

View attachment 379218

Right click to mark an entry

A new workticket for your other bookmark suggestion has been made: https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/projects/3#card-91421504

Not entirely clear why you need two fields.

I agree with you. But I hope you will add "Categories" and "Tags" fields to Bookmarks that players can edit themselves, create category names and tags. This will allow players to structure the bookmarks in your plugin. This is very much needed when bookmarks become a large number.

A provisional release of 17.0 is available for those wishing to try it.
Hi robbyp,

thx for your work and super usefull program, have tried 17.0 prerelease, 3D map isn´t working for me at all. got an error message of some kind and afterwards an blank white screen. looks like i have to wait for the final release.

thanks, geronimo

Check out this https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/issues/3271

If the 3dmap is not working, its probably due to you APU/GPU not implementing opengl 4.6 fully.

See https://www.howtogeek.com/351522/how-to-choose-which-gpu-a-game-uses-on-windows-10/ for how to tell a program which GPU to use.
wow, thanks for the quick help, but in play on a desktop machine with no processor integreted gpu unit. its a 5800x3d with an 6800xt graphics card (latest AMD drivers). accessing the 3d map does not crash the application, but gives an error message of some windows library dealing with windows objects. (sorry for beeing unprecise but i havn´t looked at the error window in detail and meanwhile reverted back to 16.2.)

Top Bottom