EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

I upgraded to current one after a month or so of not touching ED at all and noticed it kept downloading all my logs from EDSM, like all of them, from my ingame day one. Then the 2D map started to look like on my screenshot. There had been weird lines on the map before, indeed, but maybe 3-4 of them, not that many.

Yeah, that's CQC systems that are not filtered due to the CQC related events missing - EDSM just tells which systems you visited in which order - so syncing from EDSM messes the map up quite a bit. If you're able to identify that CQC systems I might be able to convince the guy in charge to do something with it. (Could be multicrew systems too, but unlikely as it's always the same systems.)
Personally I dislike syncing from EDSM because of such troubles, so I deactivated it on my side. If there's nothing up on EDSM you really want (or need) and you still got all your journal files you could deactivate sync FROM in your commanders settings, click "restart in Safe Mode" on the settings panel and on then click "remove journals" on the safe mode menu to get rid of all your events and reread them from your journal files.

Due to ongoing problems I have had to drop back to the last stable version, so now running 17.0.1. The latest version doesn't crash like the previous update did, bit it keeps loading my history and journals over and over again, so not sure if it is restarting without crashing or just deciding it needs to reload on every new system, there's no error message so nothing to report, are there logs I can post so you can see what's happening?

Try turning off edsm sync from. It's prob refreshing every 15 mins? Is this what you are seeing?

Last edited:
Try turning off edsm sync from. It's prob refreshing every 15 mins? Is this what you are seeing?

No, it reads the entire set of journals again, like 1.4 million entries and then refreshes the display, which is usually a couple of systems behind by then, and then it uploads the latest data. Not sure if it is a 15 minute interval, felt shorter than that but then time can get away while playing the game! I will try turning of EDSM sync from and see what happens and report back.

Well that's a turn up for the cards, downloaded the latest version fresh, installed it, now everything appears to be in Spanish, I will uninstall and start again to see what's going wrong.

Ok found the setting to turn it back to English, will restart and see what happens lol, what fun!

Ok all back to English, I must have accidentally hit that button when in the settings panel on the old version and it took effect when I installed the new one. I did get the message "changes will take effect when restarted" so my fault that one.

Loading everything now will report back in anything strange is still happening.

Last edited:
deactivate sync FROM in your commanders settings, click "restart in Safe Mode" on the settings panel and on then click "remove journals" on the safe mode menu to get rid of all your events and reread them from your journal files.
That worked perfectly! Thanks!

Last edited:
Been a few long runs, everything working fine now with Sync "from" turned off, don't know why it was giving me issues but as long as it's working I am happy.

This should fix the constant history refresh when "Sync from EDSM" is enabled.
Also contains a speculative fix to avoid screenshot conversion to produce duplicates and some other minor fixes.

Top Bottom