EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

New release, 11.10.1:

With an video giving details of the improvements
Source: https://youtu.be/Scv9JiHZ10Y

Major features:

• Voice Pack V16 is available for this release which adds a subtitle box for those needing assistance.
  • EDD has been optimised for large histories. Various subsystems have been improved to lower the load on processing and memory, and to improve latency. Re-engineered core code to reduce memory use when accumulating history. Speech now does not stall the program for long sentences.
    We still recommend for those keen commanders with huge histories to reduce the memory load by limiting the loading in the settings | Memory section, and to limit the display time in history panel.
  • Statistics panel rewritten. It no longer uses the main history to create the stats, it does it independently. This means that if you use the memory saving feature on the settings page to limit your memory use then the stats won't be affected. You can also set a statistics date range to hone the stats to a specific period.
    Statistics panel columns on tables with multiple columns now enable column hiding.
  • EDSM update system refreshed. Now the program checks after commander load how many EDSM entries it needs to send. If its large, it will ask you what you want to do - you can either send them all, not send any (as you've already got EDSM up to date), send from a date, or defer the decision.
    The EDSM button has been removed, EDD now handles updating EDSM automatically. This means if you've played without EDD loaded the next time EDD is run it will update EDSM with those play records.
  • Scan Display - FSS Signals now show up next to the star - you can see the signals against the primary star for the system, to quickly see if there are stations, resource sites, combat zones, other signals, as you detect them.
    New icons added for planetary bodies to show if the body has been previously discovered and previously mapped. See the wiki page on Scan (click on ? in the scan panel) for a description of the icobns.
  • Linux build on Mono build has been given TLC at long last. Some problems fixed. Instructions on how to build EDD under Mono in Linux is here: https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/wiki/Building-and-developing-EDDiscovery
  • Lots of update to the Wiki Help, which you can go directly to using the ? button on panels.
  • Operating without downloading EDSM data is nicer. If you find systems (using search), use the exploration or expedition panels, or look up a system, it will check with EDSM if it exists, and if it was it will be cached into the system DB for next time. The exploration and expedition panels will show positions for more stars now if you don't have a DB stored.

BTW, I've been receiving this error message for a while now (on startup). I don't use the voice packs, and it doesn't seem to be breaking anything. I just click OK and everything proceeds as normal. Just wondering if there's something I can do to correct it, or if there's a setting that I somehow accidentally enabled or something (see attached):

Attachments

• edd-error.png
    edd-error.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 64
Please look if you enabled any voice pack under AddOns -> manage AddOns and deactivate it there if that's the case.

v3 is very old, so you might have enabled this thing in the far past.
You can either delete the file in the 'Actions' folder inside the EDDiscovery folder to deactivate it, or install v16 which (looking at the code) should then deactivate old versions.

Code:
INSTALL DisableOther1=VoicePackV1
INSTALL DisableOther2=VoicePackV2
INSTALL DisableOther3=VoicePackV3
INSTALL DisableOther4=VoicePackV4
INSTALL DisableOther5=VoicePackV5
INSTALL DisableOther6=VoicePackV6
INSTALL DisableOther7=VoicePackV8
INSTALL DisableOther8=VoicePackV9
INSTALL DisableOther9=VoicePackV10
INSTALL DisableOther10=VoicePackV11
INSTALL DisableOther11=VoicePackV12
INSTALL DisableOther12=VoicePackV14
INSTALL DisableOther13=VoicePackV15

Please look if you enabled any voice pack under AddOns -> manage AddOns and deactivate it there if that's the case.

You can either delete the file in the 'Actions' folder inside the EDDiscovery folder to deactivate it, or install v16 which (looking at the code) should then deactivate old versions.

OK cool. I had to manually delete the files. I couldn't seem to deactivate it in the UI. I must have tried installing it several years ago. The files were dated May 2017. :D EDD only started complaining about it within the last couple of months.

Anyway, thanks!

v3 is old? :oops:
Capture.PNG

I've not dared to touch the whole voice-thing since investing hours into customising the TTS triggers and texts back in the day. It still works like a charm :)

Can i ask WHY , when i take a picture , that this software decides to send UNLIMITED copies of the picture to my folder ( i say unlimited as i stopped it at 977 after i noticed ) and to stop it making these copies , i have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to close the programme to stop it. =-( ( and yes i have the latest update 12.0.1.0

Every time or just once?
Sounds like a process is hanging and doing a loop. It's nothing this version (or any other version) should do. In case it's doing this every time, have you tried uninstalling it and then installing it again?
(And in case it does this every time can you please screenshot your conversion settings for testing purposes before you make a new install?)

If your using v3, your basically missing out on lots of vocalisations added since that point. The journal has moved on. But it's your choice. Some people still like watching tv on black and white

I just tested what happens if you set the conversion tool to scan for (example) .bmp and store it at .bmp in the same folder.
As I thought that causes a constant loop. So maybe you just misconfigured the conversion settings Gut.

thanks Eahlstan , i had the same destination for both and didn't notice lol , don't know how that happened though , it's been fine for a long time , Could the latest update had changed it? oh well cheers commander o7

Top Bottom