Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Nope! Search panel searches around a given system name. I want to find the closest system to a given set of coordinates. EDD used to do this!!! (& I'm sure it was in the Route Planner)

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention that once again W10 security decided to quarantine EDD due to flagging a trojan:

Trojan:Win32/Prowloc.A!cl

D:\EDDiscovery\EDDiscovery.exe

I just restored / allowed in security and everything is back OK.

Just installed newest version. Trying to send data to EDSM, but get this error:
Error sending EDSM events NotFound

EDIT: nevermind, eventually the data packets began to transfer.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting Elite Dangerous game crash on taking screenshot with Windows10 Xbox Game Bar on PC & EDDiscovery? a yellow border appears around the game window then main & secondary screen black out, a few seconds delay screens come back, EDD converts & moves the pic OK, but ED executable has crashed.

Win10 error message talks about Direct3D unable to lock a buffer so a file not loaded & recommends updating graphics driver. But Win10 Device Manager says I’ve got the latest graphics & keyboard drivers! EDD, Win10 & ED all 3 updated in last week so don’t even know where to start looking for a fix!! Win10 screenshot at desktop level ( ED not running) is fine (& EDD converts it to jpg & moves it ok).

I rolled EDD back to version 11.5 (when I know everything was working ok), but still happens. I’m guessing it’s a Win10 problem from recent update, but not a PC expert & it’s really annoying to have to reboot the game every time I take a screenshot!!!

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

Edit: may have resolved by deleting the graphics card in Windows Device Manager & waiting for Windows to recognise & reinstall it. Preliminary testing suggests fault cured.

Edit: yep, that cured it!

Last edited:
And another version, this one fixes a few things, and has a niffy new factions panel which shows a list of factions you've interacted with, and has right click options to show more detailed information

enjoy

Zwischenablage01.jpg

Could you say this is a bug? I mean you cant terraform a star and its clear the green marker is only defined by the distance and not planet type.

View attachment 201759

Could you say this is a bug? I mean you cant terraform a star and its clear the green marker is only defined by the distance and not planet type.

The green background is an indication that the marked body is in the habitable zone for the parent star. There is no guarantee that it is terraformable, it can be ruled out for a host of reasons (including being a star...). The gas giant won't be terraformable either. 3a probably isn't but it's in the right mass window, and not being entirely certain how FDev factor the temperature of the parent body in when it's a star like this I'd scan it on the off chance.

Working as intended.

Is it possible to get statistics for first discoveries? As it is now, or at least from what I understand, scans (under statistics) shows all scans.

Is it possible to get statistics for first discoveries? As it is now, or at least from what I understand, scans (under statistics) shows all scans.

I don't think it is because first discoveries aren't reported until you sell your data, and the way FDEV report the income in the journal isn't broken down into that fine detail. It just gives you a bonus and that's it.

Last edited:
Hello,
is there any way to calculate the average income per hour? Can i create my own addons for this matter without exporting to excel first? Would be neat to get a credits graph in the app itself.
Thanks!

Is there a way to show local system position on-screen without having to constantly swap to sysmap orrery view? The system coordinates (in flight, not landed) must be kept somewhere for position to be shown in the orrery; I’d like them a separate display window

To answer the questions, Turric4n_ED thats not currently in it, it may be possible, and for the Jorki questions, we do not get ED co-ordinates of bodies.

Top Bottom