Release EDEngineer - an overlay to track your blueprint progress in realtime

Yes I'm using a multiscreen setup and yes to the tasktray. Last night it still worked. The app is running (known by taskmanager) but not visible on either screen. When running I can even see a previewed version of EDDiscovery from ALT-TAB but nothing more on any of my 2 screens.

Meanwhile I reinstalled but to no avail.

Ps: Incidentally I've started with multiscreen just 2 days ago and so I'm still somewhat noobish to that stuff. Still tweaking and changing here and there.
Is there a certain file responsable for hardware checks that probably could have been screwed due to some dilettantish actions on my side? Otherwise I'm afraid I have to delete the complete local folder (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\EDEngineer) and going to the whole procedure of manually adjusting everything again.

Backup your manualChanges.json file in that folder, it's what stores the changes you made manually in the application.

I'll be adding tonight a command in the tasktray icon to toggle locked/unlocked window mode if other people encounters the same issue.

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know I'm integrating new graphic UI, but it does take time.
Here's the mockup I've done for now :
4J6trD4.jpg

Downloaded this today and when I ran the setup.exe it looks like it connects to a server and then closes. Nothing seems to be installed except for a shortcut in my start menu that has no target and does nothing when i use it.

I've added today an error window in case of irrecoverable errors, so you might have had one but no message was shown to you because you installed before I published ; you can update the application and let me know. If all else fails, try to uninstall the software and start again.

Tried it out last night.

Good work CMDR.

I've got 1 request and 1 issue

Request is, could this be made to track multiple CMDR's? I can click the bottom UNC path, and change CMDR log location, but would be good to have a tab/button to change CMDR's, but track multiple at the same time. Particularly the likes of me, will run 2 clients at the same time, when out exploring/trading/material gathering.

Issue is, it seems to go what appears in the journal only, rather than inventory. It reported 6 Rolls with one engineer using the 6 carbon EDE had in. My inventory had 138 carbon. Maybe have the ability to manually enter what you've got if necessary, then let it track the journal from there.

Worked last night...Updated this morning and it will not launch....

Error below.....

Code:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
	Windows 			: 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
	Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.42000
	System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.6.1085.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
	clr.dll 			: 4.6.1085.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
	dfdll.dll 			: 4.6.1085.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
	dfshim.dll 			: 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
	Deployment url			: file:///C:/Users/Orc/Desktop/EDEngineer.appref-ms%7C
	Deployment Provider url		: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msarilar/EDEngineer/master/EDEngineer/releases/EDEngineer.application

ERROR SUMMARY
	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
	* Activation of C:\Users\Orc\Desktop\EDEngineer.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
		+ Value does not fall within the expected range.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
	No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
	There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
	* [09/11/2016 09:39:50] : Activation of C:\Users\Orc\Desktop\EDEngineer.appref-ms| has started.
	* [09/11/2016 09:39:50] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [09/11/2016 09:39:50] System.ArgumentException
		- Value does not fall within the expected range.
		- Source: System.Deployment
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
			at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
	No transaction information is available.

Request is, could this be made to track multiple CMDR's? I can click the bottom UNC path, and change CMDR log location, but would be good to have a tab/button to change CMDR's, but track multiple at the same time. Particularly the likes of me, will run 2 clients at the same time, when out exploring/trading/material gathering.

Issue is, it seems to go what appears in the journal only, rather than inventory. It reported 6 Rolls with one engineer using the 6 carbon EDE had in. My inventory had 138 carbon. Maybe have the ability to manually enter what you've got if necessary, then let it track the journal from there.

* Multicommander support has been requested, you can upvote the feature in github
* I don't understand the issue you're talking about. The current behaviour is exactly "manually enter what you've got if necessary, then let it track the journal from there"

Yep....I'd already done that before posting....

I'll wipe the whole lot off and re-download again....

*Edit*

Wiped off everything. Downloaded Setup.exe. Same error and it did not recreate the EDEngineer folder in AppData/Local

Last edited:
Not sure what could be wrong ; I just tried it on a fresh computer and it just works.
Can you try this command in an admin terminal :

rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

and try the uninstall/install again

Last edited:

just to add to what CMDR HG has already said, you can adjust it to take into account cargo/materials you already had - you can either use the +/- buttons or just (double?) click on the numbers and type the actual figure in. You only need to do it once, then it will track all future changes.

When I installed EDE, it seemed to be way off on some, but very accurate on others. I think it looks at your entire journal since 2.2. went live, but obviously most people will have picked up mats before that. For me it showed minus figures for quite a few as I must have used more than I'd gathered since the journal feature was introduced with 2.2.

Oh - & fantastic work CMDR HG. this was exactly what I had been looking for!

Not sure what could be wrong ; I just tried it on a fresh computer and it just works.
Can you try this command in an admin terminal :

rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

and try the uninstall/install again

Nope....

Again it has not created the folder in local and there is nothing in the start menu.....

*Edit*

Hold on......I might be onto something

*Edit*

Yaay...Sorted.....
The permissions on my user name folder were screwy so I sorted that out. Then I went in and deleted everything referring to EDE in the local/Apps/2.0 folder. Run the cache clear and run setup again and everything is fine.

Last edited:
1.0.0.27 release

Now Support Multiple Commander!
Much better log tracking. More efficient CPU wise (not that it was so bad before, but now it takes almost no resource) ! Handles issues I had with duplicate logs (when you receive to logs for the same thing at the exact same moment).

1.0.0.31 release

lots of bugfixes:

Persistent window state (locked / unlocked) between restarts
Salvaged your old favorites/ignored blueprints that were lost in the previous update!
Added a new Reset command in the tasktray icon in case your screen goes black. Checkout the Help command too!
Hotfix to handle weird logs some users have encountered.
Fixed a small display issue with the "Last Update" timestamp that would't be correctly displayed

Last edited:
Just noticed that the level 3 blueprints for Ram Tah for ammo capacity upgrades are all missing the required Commodity.

Otherwise, grand job. This is SUCH a useful tool, and recommending it to friends.

Top Bottom