EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Hello, Im new to all this and i found my way here by searching on a fix to my problem.
My problem is SteamVR opens on its own every time i start ELITE even though i dont have Steam open or ELITE installed on Steam, when i was searching for a fix some one said about EDProfiler, so could this stop SteamVR from opening? if so is it easy to set up?
Thank you.

I keep getting error messages about my graphics xml file. I've tried to fix it using the recommended solution that it shows in the ensuing profile pop-up, but after a few sessions it seems to happen again.

Could this possibly be due to me switching back and forth between Horizons and Odyssey and applying graphics settings in each?

Hello, Im new to all this and i found my way here by searching on a fix to my problem.
My problem is SteamVR opens on its own every time i start ELITE even though i dont have Steam open or ELITE installed on Steam, when i was searching for a fix some one said about EDProfiler, so could this stop SteamVR from opening? if so is it easy to set up?
Thank you.

In order to toggle between playing in VR/ non VR: Start up the game and check/ toggle the HMD option in the menu, then restart the game. The game will then launch in whatever mode you just set it to. The VR toggle checkbox in the profiler is currently not working for me.

Last edited:
would it be possible to implement values in the Profiler for settings in the XML? Resolution for Galaxymap / Envmap / Nebulacount and for the shadow maps? so we can have quickaccess to these settings. I changed some Shadow resolutions so in asteroid fields i have low shadows and one frsrum less. also lower shadow map resolution in stations but icreased shadow maps in Space.

Unhandled Exception Error - EDP cant find my Horizon / Standard settings - which is not surprising as I only have Odyssey installed (complete wipe and fresh install to try and understand bindings better).
I checked the paths.xml file and it was empty, so set it up to point to launcher, odyssey (how does it manage the different paths for odyssey and horizon I wonder?) and the graphicsoverride.
Removed EDP completely and reinstalled.
Still getting the same error.
Error1.png

error2.png

I keep getting errors with this at the moment, going to have to log and email him directly just in case he's not monitoring this post atm

Attachments

• edp-error.JPG
    edp-error.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Thank you.
There is a tick box near Launch Elite in ED Profiler for No VR that should suppress SteamVR opening when you use that profile.

Updated to the latest version, now getting this every time I either try to detect current settings or apply changes I've made.

Attachments

• edp.jpg
    edp.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 92
I keep getting error messages about my graphics xml file. I've tried to fix it using the recommended solution that it shows in the ensuing profile pop-up, but after a few sessions it seems to happen again.

Could this possibly be due to me switching back and forth between Horizons and Odyssey and applying graphics settings in each?

Unhandled Exception Error - EDP cant find my Horizon / Standard settings - which is not surprising as I only have Odyssey installed (complete wipe and fresh install to try and understand bindings better).
I checked the paths.xml file and it was empty, so set it up to point to launcher, odyssey (how does it manage the different paths for odyssey and horizon I wonder?) and the graphicsoverride.
View attachment 231859
View attachment 231860
Can you email me the full details of the second error? kaii@dr.com
Updated to the latest version, now getting this every time I either try to detect current settings or apply changes I've made.

There is now a mode switch, if you have Odyssey ticked, that error won't show. Should I make this toggle bigger and more obvious do you think?

To be honest, I didn't even notice the mode switch until you pointed it out. My bad.
Well you are not alone, so I'll make it bigger and more obvious.
View attachment 231859
View attachment 231860
Actually, I assume this mentions about the terrain quality, which has a new setting, so I've fixed that. Check for updates!
I keep getting errors with this at the moment, going to have to log and email him directly just in case he's not monitoring this post atm
Fixes this too! Check for updates!

Works for me? But I use ed's own launcher, not installed on steam. Not sure how to prevent steamvr opening in that scenario but if I figure it out, I could try to integrate it

Interesting. Not sure why it hasn't been working for me then.

Would switching between Horizons in VR and Odyssey in non VR cause the checkbox to not work? I might have to check again although I am rather confident that it didn't work even between same versions.

EDIT: To add to that, I do use the Steam version but when I was trying to toggle between vr/ non VR I used only the launcher from within the steam folder, not launching directly from Steam.

Interesting. Not sure why it hasn't been working for me then.

Would switching between Horizons in VR and Odyssey in non VR cause the checkbox to not work? I might have to check again although I am rather confident that it didn't work even between same versions.

EDIT: To add to that, I do use the Steam version but when I was trying to toggle between vr/ non VR I used only the launcher from within the steam folder, not launching directly from Steam.
If you want, email me and we can figure out exactly what is going on. I don't understand what you mean in the last line.

Basically, Frontier let you start the game in non-vr mode via a command you pass when starting the launcher. My tool basically just does that when the checkbox is ticked. At least, for the EDLauncher.exe.

If you want, email me and we can figure out exactly what is going on. I don't understand what you mean in the last line.

Basically, Frontier let you start the game in non-vr mode via a command you pass when starting the launcher. My tool basically just does that when the checkbox is ticked. At least, for the EDLauncher.exe.

Sounds good and thanks. I am not sure I will have time before this weekend, but I will do some testing and let you know in case something seems broken.

What I meant by that last sentence is that I was running ED not from Steam, but directly from the launcher. I made it sound more complicated than necessary.

That checkbox is not working currently. You have to toggle in the game menu and start the game twice.
Works to supress SVR launching for me (ED Launcher not steam or epics) used the version before todays update this morning to do test it, I have to reload the application for it to load SteamVR again or just manually open it.
Once SVR is running you can switch to the HMD in game by going to Options > Graphics > 3D > HMD: Headphones
(If you didn't already know)

Last edited:
As someone who has spent half their adult life "in the oilfield", ergo in fear of sulphur, its strange for me to see such beauty in a sulphur dioxide atmosphere is somewhat bizarr, however I have to admit, those screenhots are simply stunning.
Actually I don't know why it posted here. I posted it over in the stellar screenshots thread a few days ago. Sorry don't know how that happened. But thanks for the comment!

Top Bottom