EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Regarding Key Bindings, the specifications of "StartPreset.start" are different between Horizons and Odyssey.

In Horizons there is one preset line, but in Odyssey there are four lines.

Hi, I've just installed EDProfiler and I get the following Unhandled Exception error when launching. Is anyone else getting this too?

Unhandled Exception.PNG

Attached is the detailed output.

I am playing Odyssey, if that helps?

I checked the Paths.xml and it hadn't picked up the correct location for my Launcher either. It was pointing to "C:program Files (x86)\Frontier...", but my installation is in my E: drive, under steam but it HAD picked up the correct location for the EDInstallPath e:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\Common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\OptionDefaults

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Unhandled Exception.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 113
Not sure if this is a bug but if I hit the "Detect Current Settings" button I get the following error message unless I first select "Odyssey Mode".

S22HOsM.png

Regarding Key Bindings, the specifications of "StartPreset.start" are different between Horizons and Odyssey.

^ this.
causing the game only loading the control scheme set for the first three, and defaulting the on-foot controls to sth. different.
(when switching from ED-Horizons to EDO, or applying a scheme with EDprofiler)

also, having played ED-Horizons last,
trying to apply an ED-Odyssey profile in ED-profiler causes an error:
1623488864414.png

I'm guessing the setting for on-foot FOV is the culprit (but I have not dug deeper into it)

Hi

I have updated EDP. It should fix some issues. I will catch up on the thread a bit later.

Website flagged as unsafe by various antivirus products.

Yes, I have some social media links that once got my site blacklisted somewhere, and since then I've been having issues.

45,000 people use the program, and my reputation is at stake, can assure you it's not a virus

Thank you, I just released yet another update that allows for this.

Also fixed the FOV error, I think.

Let me know if there are any bugs! Please, ideally, email me: kaii@dr.com

Hi all, looking for a little help. I have not used EDProfiler before and wanted to know if it can help with the following scenario?

When playing Odyssey in VR, once I exit my ship I want to take off my VR headset and use my monitor. However as I am in VR mode the monitor is mirroring VR and not just showing the game on the monitor normally. Can EDProfiler fix this issue or am I doing something wrong in game that would fix it?

Thanks

Hi all, looking for a little help. I have not used EDProfiler before and wanted to know if it can help with the following scenario?

When playing Odyssey in VR, once I exit my ship I want to take off my VR headset and use my monitor. However as I am in VR mode the monitor is mirroring VR and not just showing the game on the monitor normally. Can EDProfiler fix this issue or am I doing something wrong in game that would fix it?

Thanks
I don't think ED Profiler can do it because I believe it loads the configs only when you launch the game although I could be wrong. When you plan on switching between the two (VR and Flat) launch the game in VR. When you want to go flat open the Options menu>graphics and change the 3D option to "off" and click apply. You made need to change the display settings after in case it switches to the wrong resolution or window mode. To switch back just change the 3D option to what it was before. Hopefully in the future they give us a hot key option like other games have to switch between the two on the fly without having to go into the menus each time but you may be able to setup a macro to do it as well.
2021-06-15 13_34_51-Window.png

I don't think ED Profiler can do it because I believe it loads the configs only when you launch the game although I could be wrong. When you plan on switching between the two (VR and Flat) launch the game in VR. When you want to go flat open the Options menu>graphics and change the 3D option to "off" and click apply. You made need to change the display settings after in case it switches to the wrong resolution or window mode. To switch back just change the 3D option to what it was before. Hopefully in the future they give us a hot key option like other games have to switch between the two on the fly without having to go into the menus each time but you may be able to setup a macro to do it as well. View attachment 240609
Perfect. I will give that a try. Thanks for your help.

Dr. Kaii,

Long time user since v1.0. Just got a Vive Pro 2 headset and set it up today in a few seconds with your software. Realized I'd been a little on the lax side with ponying up some dough for your fine product, so just sent you £50 to ease my guilt.

It should have been a lot sooner, but I blame TJ.

Cheers man. Thank you.

Hi, great tool. I just have one issue, I cannot launch elite via this tool due to it always tryying to load the frontier account of the game, but my game is on steam. Even tho in frontier my game on steam is linked, it just tells me to purchase the game. Is there something I can do?

Is this tool can enable a macro binding on only one key ?
Like the one which can make full VR in odyssey ( free cam+suit cam+hide hud ) ?
The best thing is if it is possible to bring the helmet hud in this VR mode too by forcing its display on a overlay .

Top Bottom