Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

Hi all firstly I love the addon I used it with my Xbox account then went over to PC and had a bit of a problem with loading elite from steam . how do i check what frontier account edsm is looking at to get the updated flight log as it doesn't seem to be updating it. I had to make a new account on frontier to get the game to play from steam. I still have my Xbox account and don't intend to close it just now.

I never changed my name. I started playing on the Xbox in 2016, for 10 minutes, using my Xbox GT which has not changed since it was created I then resumed playing in 2017 and then got the game on the PC, via Steam where my Steam name is the same as my Xbox GT, so I have the same commander name on both accounts but different email addresses obviously and thus have 2 frontier accounts. And the game or frontier never complained about the same commander name on two platforms, the only time this became an issue was when I wanted to switch the EDSM account to work with the PC account instead of the Xbox one ... that's when the trouble started and now I cannot create an account as I keep being informed the commander name is not available.

Hey, I have a problem with EDSM not recognizing my profile after the authentication.
I have an old account on Steam, and to log in EDSM I use the Frontier Auth Service, no problem ever;
just recently I've created a new account on EDSM for my new Epic Games account, and I decided to use the Frontier Auth Service for this account too - consider that the two accounts do not share the email addresses, or anything else - but every time it happens that I log in correctly, and once I try to access any part of the site it goes "Invalid Public Profile".
Any help, please?
Thank you

ABN.

Hey, I have a problem with EDSM not recognizing my profile after the authentication.
I have an old account on Steam, and to log in EDSM I use the Frontier Auth Service, no problem ever;
just recently I've created a new account on EDSM for my new Epic Games account, and I decided to use the Frontier Auth Service for this account too - consider that the two accounts do not share the email addresses, or anything else - but every time it happens that I log in correctly, and once I try to access any part of the site it goes "Invalid Public Profile".
Any help, please?
Thank you

ABN.
I've got exactly the same issue now

I join in here.

I used to play Elite on PS4 and had my Frontier Account moved to PC. I bought the game on Steam.
I somehow cannot link my EDSM account now with my new FrontierAccount on PC. On Frontierside I removed the linking to the PSN though (under third party accounts).

Do I need to delete my current edsm account and create a new one?

I think I figured it out.
I went to "console updater" and it says I need to login with Frontier Auth again.
On the page which I was directed to (auth.forntierstore.net) I only could choose between PSN and Xbox Live login. I checked the URL of that page and simply removed the last few URL parameters (&audience=xbox%2Cpsn) and reloaded the page. Afterwards I had many more login options from which I chose the Steam login, as I purchased my game there.
Now EDSM.net is updating correctly with my new data which I gathered since playing on the PC.

Maybe this helps some of you?

It's called "console updater" for a reason. PC player should use third party apps (EDMC, EDDiscovery, EDDI, Elite Log Agent, ...) which can get the same data from the local file system to not stress the fdev server too much.

ok, is there a file available in the old format?

I now get an out of memory error trying to parse this 1.4GB json file.

I thought that the eddb file also contains this kind of information and it is only 140MB ?

I now get an out of memory error trying to parse this 1.4GB json file.
Do it line by line and not as a whole. Each station is one line, pseudo code:
  • Ignore first line of file (opening "[")
  • read line from file, stop if reaching closing bracket "]"
    • remove trailing ","
    • parse line as json object
    • do as you need

that takes forever on a 1.4GB file (I have to unzip it first as wel)

can't you just add one more api endpoint with the old format ?

that takes forever on a 1.4GB file (I have to unzip it first as wel)
I guess forver is subjective.
Bash:
$ time python3 parse_stations.py stations.json.gz

real    0m16,424s
user    0m0,015s
sys     0m0,000s
Python:
import json
import gzip

gzip_name = "stations.json.gz"
with gzip.open(gzip_name, mode="rt", encoding="utf-8") as gzip_file:
    for line in gzip_file:
        if line[0] in {"[", "]"}: continue
        data = json.loads(line.rstrip("\r\n,"))

can't you just add one more api endpoint with the old format ?
You'll have to ask Anthor. I'm not part of EDSM.

Top Bottom