COMPLETED CG Eliminate Threat of Grey Swan Pilots (Combat)

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: Shamash
Station: Khonsu Gleam (Megaship, large pads available, 306 Ls from main star, 56.02 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Hand in Combat Bonds after fighting for San Tu State Network in Conflict Zones
Time limit: 1st November 3309 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
Commanders have been asked to help destroy the rogue Grey Swan pilots who are killing civilians in the Shamash system.
Military squadrons taking part in Fleet Exercise Grey Swan became irrationally violent following an unexplained mass hysteria that swept through Garrett Orbital. Captain Ulrich Maurer, commanding officer of the San Tu State Network megaship Khonsu Gleam, broadcast the following message:
Shamash Future's security forces have asked us to help stop the carnage taking place throughout this system. No medical or technological solution has been found for affected pilots, who seem reluctant to leave Shamash. Therefore, to prevent the loss of more innocent lives, there is regrettably no choice but to eliminate every ship in the Grey Swan fleet.

We are urgently seeking to recruit independent pilots with combat experience. Financial rewards and other incentives will be available at the Khonsu Gleam. Hopefully we can perform this unpleasant task as efficiently as possible.
Wing Commander Mackenzie Coates was coordinating Fleet Exercise Grey Swan when the signal caused its crews to become homicidal. She told a local newsfeed:
This is a nightmarish situation. I'm trained to deal with pirates, invaders and even Thargoids, not to hunt down my own friends and colleagues. The thought of them being turned into deranged savages… I know they wouldn't want to live like that. But I can't be the one to pull the trigger – there are survivors on Garrett Orbital who need my help.
San Tu State Network has agreed to reimburse all Grey Swan Pilot combat bonds handed in at Khonsu Gleam in Shamash.
As an additional incentive, the top ten individual contributors will receive a Wraith Spectre Sand suit.
Participants are advised that Shamash security forces aim to complete the combat operation by Wednesday 1st November.
To be eligible for rewards you must sign up as an active participant before handing in Combat Bonds at Khonsu Gleam in the Shamash system.
Please note that if you have any crew members, a proportion of your combat bonds will be automatically assigned to them. These combat bonds will not count towards your personal contribution total, and your crew will receive the reward for these combat bonds when they are handed in. The proportion of combat bonds assigned to your crew will depend on their rank.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
  • Khonsu Gleam is orbiting planet 1
  • Megaship services: Commodities Market, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel
Latest status
Last updated: 1 November-finishec

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 35,865,104,873 credits earned
Contributors: 3,095
Reward Tier: 2/5
Global Reward:
None listed
Top 10 CMDRs: 15,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 8,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 5,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 3,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 2,000,000 CR
Top 100%: 1,000,000 CR

Examples of similar suits
TNBKywm.jpg

qBGvvzQ.jpg

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi FDev, myself & a number of other CMDRs in-game right now are struggling to find these Grey Swan ships.
There is currently a War happening in the Shamash system & all of the Conflict Zones that are present are for the system's other factions. Not the Grey Swans.
We have checked Extraction Sites, Points of Interest, Nav Beacons and so on, yet we're not finding any for the relevant enemy vessels.

Is there somewhere specific we have to go to in order to find/ fight the Grey Swan ships?

Another question: The psychosis that affected the Grey Swan pilots and attendant squadrons, does this make them attack each other, or just those that haven't been affected by the signal? If so, it stands to reason that there's a deeper threat behind the psychosis that can change people's loyalties and state of mind in short order, rendering this threat as big as the Thargoid menace if it was to affect a planet with say, billions of people on it, or multiple systems. We don't know how the signal spreads or its source AFAIK.

Hi FDev, myself & a number of other CMDRs in-game right now are struggling to find these Grey Swan ships.
There is currently a War happening in the Shamash system & all of the Conflict Zones that are present are for the system's other factions. Not the Grey Swans.
We have checked Extraction Sites, Points of Interest, Nav Beacons and so on, yet we're not finding any for the relevant enemy vessels.

Is there somewhere specific we have to go to in order to find/ fight the Grey Swan ships?
Combat Bonds are needed, not simply bounties.
CZs are not available - yet.
Because this is the first Odyssey only CG (with a suit paintjob reward), its possible there will be surface CZs soon.

The best 10(!!!) get a reward? This is an exclusive CG for people who have no life.
Dont worry, the Wraith suit is available from the Stores through ARX, in five different colour variants. The exclusivity is (probably) the special Sand colour of the suit.

Another question: The psychosis that affected the Grey Swan pilots and attendant squadrons, does this make them attack each other, or just those that haven't been affected by the signal? If so, it stands to reason that there's a deeper threat behind the psychosis that can change people's loyalties and state of mind in short order, rendering this threat as big as the Thargoid menace if it was to affect a planet with say, billions of people on it, or multiple systems. We don't know how the signal spreads or its source AFAIK.
I have been attacked somewhere else by allied System Security and PP-Agents without any reason. Maybe the signal in Shamash affects the whole galaxy or this is a new bug - i mean new content. ;)

Dont worry, the Wraith suit is available from the Stores through ARX, in five different colour variants. The exclusivity is (probably) the special Sand colour of the suit.

I meant there's no incentive to participate for 99,9% of the players.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous

Hi all! Little bit of Gremlin behaviour going on.
The team are aware and looking into it o7

The reward is a unique (well, 10 off) suit. Which they only just put other variants on sale. So expecting everyone to get it is ... hopeful

Top Bottom