COMPLETED CG Eliminate Threat of Grey Swan Pilots (Combat)

Nothing for top 75%, 50%, 10%; just for the top 10 sweaty, try-hards who won't be seeing any sunlight until after the CG...
Bit disappointed if I'm honest. Looks like another CG I'll be avoiding because of the poor rewards...

I'm the sweatiest try-hardiest trader there is and I'm just as disappointed, it's infinitely more fun when there's loads of people playing and you actually feel like a community working towards a common goal. It's nice to get a tangible reward for top 10 I guess but they forgot about everyone else, d'oh

Yes - only the settlements owned by a party to the war turn into ground CZs.

It's somewhat unusual in "normal" BGS movement for a faction to own assets (so it can lock for conflict at all) but not own any Odyssey bases, but it does happen.
Apologies. (I was on my phone and short on time)

I meant to ask if ALL factions in a war must own Ody settlements in order for there to be ground CZs. But, stated this way, I already know the answer; only one side has to own Ody settlements in order for there to be ground CZs in a war.

And now I see that @Disemboweled Ego stated they think that "nobody" owns any Ody settlements in the system.

Of course, now, I can actually go in game and look for myself...

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Does anyone else have empty conflict zones?
The first Low Conflict zone (from the star) didn't have Su Tan Network to "fight for" and the 2nd and 3rd are empty. I'l try the other's though.
Just wanted to ask.
-------
I guess all of them are empty, for me, but 1

Last edited:
The first Low Conflict zone (from the star) didn't have Su Tan Network to "fight for" and the 2nd and 3rd are empty. I'l try the other's though.
Just wanted to ask.
-------
Yeah my buddies and I have went to all the ones in the system that were apart of the event and they are all empty

Just wanted to ask.
-------
I tried 10 Heather and only one had any activity, Sally is aware there are still issues but it will likely be Monday before the team is back in work to look at it.

Yeah, all empty, system chat is confirming the same thing. Doesn't matter what mode you're in, they're empty. Non-CG related CZ load, but they're a bit laggy to load, so assuming the service that does CZ's are under strain.

Usual FD at play. Release on a Friday night and knock off for the weekend.

The experience will likely be very inconsistent for the first day - this is a CG with a faction that is manually added and into a manual conflict state. This means it relies on the BGS showing changes.

This happens because the BGS in your client can take up to like 12 hours to catch up to the daily changes. Frontier has previously closed the issue report about this, saying they aren't going to make any changes to address this inconsistent up-to-12-hour delay that's happening ever since Odyssey released. It's really annoying for BGS since you can be half a day late towards the next... daily changes. It shouldn't be a big problem for the CG since it lasts for 6-7 days though. Except if you're in the competition for top 10, then you may find yourself with a 12 hour disadvantage against someone who didn't have the delay with the BGS information updating.

Last edited:
If you follow EDDN data you'll see the very conflicting journal events, some with the Grey Swan faction present in war, others without the faction existing yet, so no war.

Here's how this looks on Inara, since it's getting a mix of journal data aswell:

1698437241663.png

Last edited:
If you follow EDDN data you'll see the very conflicting journal events, some with the Grey Swan faction present in war, others without the faction existing yet, so no war.
Yeah feels like the BGS magic was only pushed to one server and you randomly connect to one that has the war or doesn't.

CZs seem to be working for me right now though.

Nobody finds it suspicious that the CG ends one day earlier (Wednesday) than normal? And that it's "justified" by logs that don't have any audio to back up their transcripts? Supported by a faction that was god-handed a shiny new megaship and placed into this system during weekly maintenance?

The ones being affected by the signal are the people taking part in the CG...

Nobody finds it suspicious that the CG ends one day earlier (Wednesday) than normal? And that it's "justified" by logs that don't have any audio to back up their transcripts? Supported by a faction that was god-handed a shiny new megaship and placed into this system during weekly maintenance?

What’s suspicious about a spooky CG ending when spooky season ends?

The short duration of the CG definitely caught me out. And there have been a few in my squad’s discord server that raised an eyebrow at the San Tu State Network megaship there.

(San Tu also contains the unregistered comms beacon that led to the completion of their mystery, and to the crashed interceptor in HIP 17403. Not that I’m sure it has any meaning to this particular event.)

Samhain (Halloween for you lot) ends Tuesday night with our new year on the Wednesday so a spooky CG should end Weds.

O7

Only low intensity CZ’s in space. No medium or high intensity CZ’s; odd for a faction gone so violently mad. No ground CZ’s with Grey Swan. Frequent empty CZ’s.

SMH. Getting this right must be so hard.

Top Bottom