Release Elite Cougar MFD Cockpit Display - game changing new companion app

Many Thanks for your help!
Can you post your MFD.ini file please.
There is also the MFDWindowTest.exe utility available to download from the web site. Place the EXE into the application folder with MFDCougar.exe and run it. It should place the windows according to the settings in MFD.ini

Can you post your MFD.ini file please.
There is also the MFDWindowTest.exe utility available to download from the web site. Place the EXE into the application folder with MFDCougar.exe and run it. It should place the windows according to the settings in MFD.ini
Well I sure did not see that utility.
I gave that a shot, ensuring all my monitors are set to 100%, ran the utility with the game running (It was supposed to running right?) It still does not help, screen is still moving. Here is new INI file.

Attachments

• MFD.zip
    364 bytes · Views: 49
Many Thanks for your help!
I have updated the utility MFDWindowTest.zip (should be version 1.0.0.2)
Please download, extract the EXE into the MFDCougar folder and run (Elite doesn't need to be running).
Press the LOAD button - it should display MFD #1 and MFD #2 windows - on the monitors and in the correct positions.
If the windows are not correct, reposition them and then click SAVE button. This will update the MFD.ini file (you should see the update if you carefully read the info panel).
You could then close/reopen the utility, or click the LOAD button again and see if the windows are behaving.

It would be good to see a video of all of this if something is going wrong. It's hard to see why something should be wrong, because this is all basic window stuff and nothing out of the ordinary is occurring.

I have updated the utility MFDWindowTest.zip (should be version 1.0.0.2)
Please download, extract the EXE into the MFDCougar folder and run (Elite doesn't need to be running).
Press the LOAD button - it should display MFD #1 and MFD #2 windows - on the monitors and in the correct positions.
If the windows are not correct, reposition them and then click SAVE button. This will update the MFD.ini file (you should see the update if you carefully read the info panel).
You could then close/reopen the utility, or click the LOAD button again and see if the windows are behaving.

It would be good to see a video of all of this if something is going wrong. It's hard to see why something should be wrong, because this is all basic window stuff and nothing out of the ordinary is occurring.
Where would you like me to send this video? It’s going to be way too large to upload to this site. If you would prefer you can send me a private message.

Hey BB!
Got it figured out!
Turns out it was elite dangerous itself that was out of position in full screen mode. Switching to borderless fullscreen solved the whole problem.
Thank you very much for your assistance!
I’ll be using that PayPal link to make a donation.

O7

Version 2.33.0.0 Released

Changes in this version:

Support added for WingWing MFD joystick devices
SpeechEvents added - SupercruiseDestinationDrop and SupercruiseDestinationDropHighThreat

Version 2.34.0.0 Released

Changes in this version:

MFDCougar is now a 64-bit EXE
Please install 64-bit MS Access database engine 2010 included in this release.
If you have TTS voices installed, please ensure these are available to 64-bit applications. One way to do that is to export/edit/import registry settings. See included EDCD_Technical_Guide.pdf and powerscript WindowsVoices64.ps1

Fixes:
Wingwing button mapping
Custom Consoles - Hyperwarp console could cause some panels to not print text
Galaxy map - potential bug drawing the system nodes

Version 2.35.0.0 Released

Changes in this version:

Faster text to speech (ATC Chatter) particularly with CereProc voices which are CPU intensive. Rendering a voice to memory is now asynchronously performed in another thread.
Docking - Station landing pad fix for megaships/FleetCarriers
SpeechEvents - fix to docking denied event
Fixed OpenGL Core porting issue - Supercruise, printing system name whilst also rendering ship target text in analysis mode

Version 2.36.0.0 Released

Changes in this version:

Fix for Cubesim/F16 MFD Cougar joystick detection
Alternate ship blueprint images - for use with custom consoles - ship panel
32-bit EXE and supporting .dll files are shipped in the bin_x86 folder. See readme for usage.

Version 2.37.0.0 Released

Changes in this version:

Fleet Carrier
- can specify which carrier type to be displayed
- Shows flight officer (captain role) crew member name

Layout Editor
- Flight console - can select image type (blueprint/non-blueprint)
- Fleet carrier console
- select which carrier type to be displayed
- specify fleet carrier type text
- select fleet carrier type text colour

Top Bottom