Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous 1.2.07 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
When will the new paint schemes be added to the store? I just looked and all the same old ones, I need a paint job for my Vulture! how else will people know its badass without a badass paintjob ? D:

Indeed, also interested in the problem that this is a fix for? Must have missed a memo. I've been known to accidentally clip a copper during the act of assisting them in their enquiries, and being a good citizen I always immediately head back to the nearest station to pay my dues. I'd consider it most unfair to be destroyed on my way to pay the fine.
Agree absolutely.

This may be a tough nut for FD to crack, but they are going to have to put some more work into it. It's a potential game-killer.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Your ignorance of development time and issues amuses me.

1. Noone except the devs knows how long it would take to fix this or how complex it is to do so.
  2. We don't know how far off 1.3 is. We can only guess. Their internal milestones when things needs to be finished are also a lot sooner compared to when the public gets hold of them due to the build having to go through QA and Beta testing.
  3. Assassination missions are neither "crucial" in the grand scheme of things nor "completely broken".

I wouldn't worry about Quineloe, he likes making up things to try and prove his points.

So I've spend loads of time and effort ingame to buy my Anaconda and now I have to BUY my paint job in ADDITION? Good job alienating your hardcore players Elite...

Don't get scanned on the way in, or dock at an outpost.
The docking permission is only revoked if you are spotted by the police patrol, who are often busy scanning NPC traffic
im not a pirate im a bounty hunter if i wanted to have to dodge the npc patrolls i would be a pirate. the npcs have zero flying experience they get in my way of killing my target then chase me with every other ship in the sector for a 200 cr bounty, now i have to go alll the way across my home system which to the nearest outpost is like 5-10k LS instead of going to my home station which is 5 ls from the RES point im sorry but thats a little bit on the stupid side

Wish the noise on the voice coms was removed. keep the peep when you have stopped talking but keeping the effects just causes everyone to say..

(say that again pls) (what did you say ) ( sorry i didnt catch that )

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Seriously......How am i going to boost my T9 into a station, there is more chance of me crashing into the letterbox or the back of the station.
This is a stupid idea....At least give us a time limit to dock and pay off the fine for some stupid npc getting in my line of fire in a RES.
:(

I wouldn't advise smuggling in a Type 9 - but boosting through the port is doable in the biggest ships - exciting too!

Michael

So I've spend loads of time and effort ingame to buy my Anaconda and now I have to BUY my paint job in ADDITION? Good job alienating your hardcore players Elite...

You realise that this game costs money to maintain and run ?? Good, then stop complaining at a non-pay-to-win micro-transaction cosmetics shop. I am quite glad that they have this store, allows we to continue to support the game with small transactions every time I get a new ship :)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Indeed, also interested in the problem that this is a fix for? Must have missed a memo. I've been known to accidentally clip a copper during the act of assisting them in their enquiries, and being a good citizen I always immediately head back to the nearest station to pay my dues. I'd consider it most unfair to be destroyed on my way to pay the fine.

Agree absolutely.

This may be a tough nut for FD to crack, but they are going to have to put some more work into it. It's a potential game-killer.

The "Friendly" fire changes came in with 1.2 so you shouldn't get a fine for just clipping a copper, also as has been said many times in this thread, having a fine does not make you wanted

1. Noone except the devs knows how long it would take to fix this or how complex it is to do so.
  2. We don't know how far off 1.3 is. We can only guess. Their internal milestones when things needs to be finished are also a lot sooner compared to when the public gets hold of them due to the build having to go through QA and Beta testing.
  3. Assassination missions are neither "crucial" in the grand scheme of things nor "completely broken".

1. Assassination missions used to be without an alternate path. It was patched in recently. It should be very easy to turn them back to what they were at before.
2. I bet you 1000 Palladium that 1.3 will not be released on 19th of May or any day before that.
3. That's your opinion. Fact is you can't complete the mission and you suffer reputation penalties. That is pretty much completely broken to me.

Hi everyone,

The galaxy servers will be down for 30 minutes from 11.30 am BST to allow us to update to Elite: Dangerous 1.2.07.

See the full list of changes below:

- Added vibrant paint jobs for all ships except Anaconda (available for purchase from the store soon)
- Crash fix for star system generation
- Fix for crash in TrackIR caused by the disconnect function incorrectly handling the case when the TrackIR is in an error state. Also applied the same fix to FreeTrack
- Adjusted terraforming meta data to prevent server error
- When getting close to a capital ship while neutral, it will warn you at ~1KM away and then turn hostile at a few hundred metres
- Treat capital ships like players for assigning kills
- Don’t allow NPCs to kill steal by them hitting the powerplant
- Prevent docking after the police 'notice' that a player is wanted. This is the same reaction with committing a violent crime near the station.
- Network fix to catch some messages delivery bugs
- Fix a case where a ship with damage regions and no shields could try to save a game before its defense data has been initialised, resulting in showing in the GUI as a ship that's unrepairable at 0% health
- Adfjusted Type 7 and Viper collision mesh to make them a bit harder to get stuck in the starport entrance cage
- Various text fixes

Server-side Changes:

- Decriminalise Limpets
- When changing station ownership after a conflict, always treat system controlling stations as more valuable than anything else
- Fix Commander Stats for selling level 2 and level 3 survey scans
- Various performance and reliability improvements

Thanks everyone.

Ed

Prevent docking after the police 'notice' that a player is wanted. This is the same reaction with committing a violent crime near the station.....this may be an ISSUE... can you be more clearer about this DEVs

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom