Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 17 May 2021

even if it's 20 years old tech. ;)
Do you know all the technologies that have 2000 years ?

Seriously I knew the remote access of a computer in the 90s, I even used it as part of an internship in a company.

But I had approached it superficially. ;)

However, I did not know that we can remotely start a switched off computer.

😷

Last edited:
@Zac Cocken when you say launch time can you clarify if this means start playing time or start downloading time? If the latter it means play time might be 4-5hours later based on the Alpha download time.
Many thanks
Well the launch time is the same as the time the servers are supposed to come back up, so it has to be the start of the download phase which will last anywhere from minutes to many hours depending on things like connection, infrastructure, steam and other disadvantages.

Odyssey competition: calling it now, it will be a race to Elite for the new ranks like when the game came out.

Tuesday

Odyssey Competition: We'll have more information on this tomorrow, but this is not a competition any Commander will want to miss!

So assuming I dont want to miss it, and also assuming no LS unless oversight, where should I be looking for this? As in UK its nearing the end of the workday....

Greetings Commanders!

Today is the start of a huge week here at Frontier with the release of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey right around the corner on Wednesday 19 May! We hope you're as excited as we are for the launch, and we're looking forward to seeing where your newfound legs will take you! There's a lot to look forward to this week, so here's the community schedule:

8MhGTUC.png

Please be aware that whilst we are aiming for the times listed above, they are subject to change. Please keep an eye on our social accounts for any potential changes.

Tuesday

Odyssey Competition: We'll have more information on this tomorrow, but this is not a competition any Commander will want to miss!

Wednesday

Server Downtime: As mentioned in our previous post, we expect all Elite Dangerous servers to be offline from 07:00 - 18:00 UTC on Wednesday as we prepare for the launch of Odyssey.

Odyssey Launch: We're currently aiming for a launch time of 18:00 UTC for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey! Please stay tuned to our social accounts for any updates.

Stellar Screenshots: Whilst there's a lot going on this week, there's still room for your fantastic photography! We'll be gathering this week's best shots on Wednesday.

Thursday

Transmissão de lançamento Odyssey: Junte - se a nós às 14:00 UTC para nossa transmissão de lançamento Odyssey! Alguns desenvolvedores convidados se juntarão a nós para celebrarmos o lançamento! Você também terá a chance de adquirir qualquer um dos Twitch Drops que pode ter perdido até agora!

sexta-feira

Commander Creations: Depois de uma ótima primeira semana de entradas, #CommanderCreations continuará na sexta-feira! Por favor, envie suas criações no Twitter usando a hashtag, ou no tópico da semana passada !

A espera está quase no fim, comandantes - é hora de colocar os pés no chão!

o7
Espero que eu consiga jogar com ao menos 30 fps!

For anyone interested, THIS seems to be the PC you win. (I don't work for Fdev OR OCUK though, so it might not be!)

CaseKolink Citadel Mesh ARGB Gaming Case - Black
Power Supply700W 80Plus Rated PSU
CPUIntel Core i5 10400F Hyperthreaded Six Core Processor with 4.3GHz boost
MotherboardIntel B460 DDR4 Motherboard
CoolerIntel Core Cooler - RGB Upgrade Optional
MemoryUp to 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Dual Channel Kit
Primary Solid State Drive500GB 2.5" SATA Sold State Drive
Storage Hard DriveSeagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
GraphicsNvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card
Audio7.1 High Definition Audio
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 64 Bit

Greetings Commanders!

Today is the start of a huge week here at Frontier with the release of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey right around the corner on Wednesday 19 May! We hope you're as excited as we are for the launch, and we're looking forward to seeing where your newfound legs will take you! There's a lot to look forward to this week, so here's the community schedule:

8MhGTUC.png

Please be aware that whilst we are aiming for the times listed above, they are subject to change. Please keep an eye on our social accounts for any potential changes.

Tuesday

Wednesday

Server Downtime: As mentioned in our previous post, we expect all Elite Dangerous servers to be offline from 07:00 - 18:00 UTC on Wednesday as we prepare for the launch of Odyssey.

Odyssey Launch: We're currently aiming for a launch time of 18:00 UTC for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey! Please stay tuned to our social accounts for any updates.

Stellar Screenshots: Whilst there's a lot going on this week, there's still room for your fantastic photography! We'll be gathering this week's best shots on Wednesday.

Thursday

Odyssey Launch Stream: Join us at 14:00 UTC for our Odyssey launch stream! We'll be joined by some guest developers as we celebrate the release! You'll also get the chance to acquire any of the Twitch Drops you may have missed so far!

Friday

Commander Creations: After a great first week of entries, #CommanderCreations will continue on Friday! Please submit your creations on Twitter using the hashtag, or on last week's thread!

The wait is almost over Commanders - it's time to get your feet on the ground!

o7
Tuesday has come and gone...what was this "competition" I missed out on? Was it that computer raffle for people in Britain and Ireland? Wow, I must've slept through that. Ah well.

Small nitpick, but it's in the word-choice: a contest or competition requires skill, but a giveaway or sweepstakes requires luck. A Lottery is just like a giveaway or sweepstakes, with the only difference being you have to pay real-world money for the chance to win (which is why it's regulated by the government under the department of "gambling").

If it were truly a CONTEST, one open to the Americas, I would prefer attempting to flex skill than luck...even though I've never really actually won first place before (came in second a couple times, which while not BAD, it's also "first loser").

Where's the Forum where I can complain that I won't be able to get my twitch drops this week? ;)
Unfortunately I'm at work until 6pm. :(

Tuesday has come and gone...what was this "competition" I missed out on? Was it that computer raffle for people in Britain and Ireland? Wow, I must've slept through that. Ah well.

Small nitpick, but it's in the word-choice: a contest or competition requires skill, but a giveaway or sweepstakes requires luck. A Lottery is just like a giveaway or sweepstakes, with the only difference being you have to pay real-world money for the chance to win (which is why it's regulated by the government under the department of "gambling").

If it were truly a CONTEST, one open to the Americas, I would prefer attempting to flex skill than luck...even though I've never really actually won first place before (came in second a couple times, which while not BAD, it's also "first loser").
I believe it was this overclockers Gleam thing ...

Basically subscribe to 10 different areas of social media to do with Elite or overclockers.co.uk for 10 chances to win in a raffle. Nice prizes, crappy "competition".

I believe it was this overclockers Gleam thing ...

Basically subscribe to 10 different areas of social media to do with Elite or overclockers.co.uk for 10 chances to win in a raffle. Nice prizes, crappy "competition".
It's not even a "competition" in the strictest sense of the word. As I nitpicked slightly earlier, a "competition" requires SKILL! Offering prizes for partaking in CQC or Buckyball, for example, THAT is a "competition." Even ignoring the logistic snags that inflicted repeated criticism on FDev and pals, THIS here asks for LUCK, which is NOT skill!

Top Bottom