Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 23rd August 2021

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

As we begin a brand new week, let's look ahead to the community initiatives you can get involved with in the world of Elite Dangerous!

rNPTRoy.png

Tuesday
Supercruise News
: Tune in on Tuesday for the latest Supercruise News, filled with all the news and highlights from the Elite galaxy.

Wednesday
Stellar Screenshots:
Keep your beautiful in-game photography coming! Make sure to submit your latest screenshots by Wednesday for a chance to be featured and earn a unique paintjob!

Thursday
Odyssey Open Play:
It's time for another Open play session on Thursday night! Come join us to take on some missions and see what calamity ensues!

Friday
Commander Creations:
Your artistic efforts continue to impress us on a weekly basis! If you have something to share, use the hashtag #CommanderCreations to enter!

See you in the black, Commanders!

o7

I hope code optimisation and frame rate increase is still high on the agenda.
I'd say that's a given; from the August 10th Issue Reports thread:
Low FPS Performance In Odyssey: This work will continue up to the end of the year, with improvements added already in Update 6, we know there is more to do.
Increased Performance Problems Since Update 5: Some further improvements are coming in Update 7, while general optimisation will be ongoing. The coming change won't be a fix for everyone, but will resolve some of the drops players are seeing.

Open play? Why? Other than the hilarity of watching real player's avatars getting shot in the face, what's the incentive?

Just asking for a friend...

Open play? Why? Other than the hilarity of watching real player's avatars getting shot in the face, what's the incentive?

Just asking for a friend...
They've said on stream a few times that the community streams are better when the community can join in unless they're trying to show off a very specific thing. As a viewer I find this kind of casual stream more entertaining with the kind of added emergent shenanigans that can only come from having other players around.

Top Bottom