Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 24 May 2021

Expect a proper roasting this week.

Oh yes it's about time you tell us your PC SPECS. No more avoiding the question that has been asked by me and others on every stream.
Would be nice if they pressed ctrl+f and showed the fps too... or what ever the key combo is for the stupid controller they always use...

Like trying to login? Or waiting till carriers will be able to move? Or waiting for BGS to update? Or looking at messed up ranks? Exciting indeed. Like a denitist visit. ;):coffee:
He already said in his message...

"Please bear in mind, this schedule is for purely community activity, and doesn't include any planned hotfixes / patches. You'll be hearing more about those soon."

and carriers are already working again.

Thanks for the update.

Some of you people are chasing them off the forums again, I know it frustrating but is this the right thread for it? If we lose all comms again Ill be growling. they have acknowledged the issue and it will take time to fix. And they wont say something until they have something to say like next hotfix soon or available now you must know that by now. Let the devs do their job and fix the issues and let the CMs do their job and communicate. They obviously cant fix it overnight or they would have. Just calm down its not the end of the world.

Edit: P.S. Some console news would be appreciated.
so u r a console player and actually didnt see the game... nevermind that...

in this community, everyone wants to see, hear anything from F.D. to say about the problems... not anything else... but what r they doing in this thread... making a happy duppy organisation... oh really...!? how nice...!!! and we have to happy with that too and wait u say... dude, I cant play the game... I have it... paid money and I cant... it is not because of me it is because of the game... how can I join mentioned organisation here...? am I right to think they r ignoring me and carry on with the top hardware owners...? if they dont talk about the problems of the product then I chase them off... till they say a real thing...

giphy.gif

Zac,

I'm willing to bet all my engineered modules that most of us are more interested in the actual state of the game and a timeline rather than who won whatever contest or seeing the game played.

You probably don't have much control over what you are allowed to say, but the Elite Dangerous Community is tired of mostly fluff and no substance. I understand if you have to do stuff to placate stockholders, but the community is not fooled. I bet you know that already. :(

Thank you.

slange

Typically, a lot of us need a few more minutes on Twitch for those last two drops.
Drop expires tonight... And next stream is tomorrow.
Bravo... Bravo. Constant disappointment at the moment.

so u r a console player and actually didnt see the game... nevermind that...

yes us console players are real lucky, we get all the bugs and problems and none of the updates, wanna swop places?

while your hause is burning, you r having a barbecu party at yard eh...? good idea... fire is already there...

If my house is burning Id realise whats actually important and know that the Fire Brigade will be along at some point and probably cant teleport there immediately.

As someone who did work in the gaming industry previously I can tell you, that it will take time to create a Roadmap especially when it comes to bugs or tuning of game mechanics. Without going into Detail, many different departments need to work together to figure things out and that will take time.

My best guess is, that we will have something that resembles a Roadmap either end of this week or next week. Probably more like end of next week.

As someone who did work in the gaming industry previously I can tell you, that it will take time to create a Roadmap especially when it comes to bugs or tuning of game mechanics. Without going into Detail, many different departments need to work together to figure things out and that will take time.

My best guess is, that we will have something that resembles a Roadmap either end of this week or next week. Probably more like end of next week.
I hope you are right. If a Roadmap is actually presented to the Elite Dangerous Community, it would do a lot for morale on both sides of the fence, that is Devs and Users. Pragmatic and viable Roadmaps are undoubtedly not easy to assemble and create. Presenting a Roadmap to the Community is also a respectful gesture. What I found to be very painful about Odyssey was the lack of respect of our intelligence and time.

And once again, most of Frontier are NOT to blame. The Community Managers do the best they can. It's the upper management, who shamefully use the Community Managers as meat shields to take the ire of the community. Well this community is too sophisticated for that.

o7

[EDIT: I don't know anyone who works for Frontier. I live in the US.]

Last edited:
If Frontier do a Roadmap Ill be seriously worried as it means they arent fixing the bugs as they find them anymore just doing PR stunts. Id rather they spent that time writing patch notes for the hotfixes instead.

'exciting' is not a word I would use to describe anything about Odyssey since launch. I can think of much more accurate words, but I'll settle for 'disappointed' and 'frustrated'.

I've spent more time trying to tune the graphics settings and playing with video drivers only see the analysis that someone with dev tools has done that prove that that rendering is just really bad. I thought getting lower frame rates than Cyberpunk 2077 must be a mistake - and is, just not mine.
my thoughts exactly. It is a little bit insulting and disrespectful to use the word "exciting" when this whole botched DLC has been ANYTHING but exciting...

once again, it shows how much FDev is disconnected from reality.

my thoughts exactly. It is a little bit insulting and disrespectful to use the word "exciting" when this whole botched DLC has been ANYTHING but exciting...

once again, it shows how much FDev is disconnected from reality.
In fairness to the community managers - it's not their fault, but they have to face camera! - I certainly wouldn't want their job right now!

Last edited:
Please don't do the typical PR move which is to downplay the issues to some server issues and a little needed polish. It's a major launch fail with a half baked product missing central features which was rushed out to meet quarterly bonuses and inflate stock prices.

I'd prefer honesty and transparency and to speak to us as if we're not idiots (many of us are fellow game developers) and that'd go a long way in earning our trust back slowly over time. Everyone screws up in life, not everyone admits to it and owns it.

Top Bottom