Discussion Elite Dangerous Companion Emulator (EDCE)

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
I can confirm that the iPhone/iPad app displays the same as what Gazelle says.

What I thought. Perhaps someone is able to make a complete list of what is received and put in the JSON file and what is displayed in ED. This is the most (time efficient) action. Andargor (unless insomnia) should be sleeping right now. Timezones ;-( With the list using a simple (hash) map he can adjust the names.

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
IDs! Actual, numeric, (hopefully) unique IDs! This brings me so much joy... :)

/me makes note to amend EDDN schemas...

My thoughts exactly for the upcoming (optimized) V2 scheme for EDDN. Being worked on by jamesremuscat and Anthornet. Hopefully more dynamic data schemes will follow ;-)

I'm getting an error when running edce_client.py

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\stephen\Downloads\edce-client-1.0.1\edce_client.py", line 7, in <module>
    import edce.query
  File "C:\Users\stephen\Downloads\edce-client-1.0.1\edce\query.py", line 7, in <module>
    import requests
ImportError: No module named 'requests'

I've run client-setup.py and saved the login details, but I don't get a Frontier email with a verification code, so I don't get to enter that either.

I'm getting an error when running edce_client.py

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\stephen\Downloads\edce-client-1.0.1\edce_client.py", line 7, in <module>
    import edce.query
  File "C:\Users\stephen\Downloads\edce-client-1.0.1\edce\query.py", line 7, in <module>
    import requests
ImportError: No module named 'requests'

As per the original post in this thread: you'll need to install the 'requests' module (e.g. 'pip install requests' or similar - not a Windows user so can't help you more than that!)

Last edited:

Slopey

Volunteer Moderator
@OP - FD specificially prohibits 3rd party tools from scraping that feed.

Do you have permission from them to do it? If we were allowed to, I would have been scraping that data from day one. I've raised it in the past and was told no.

Last edited:
Hello Andargor,

I've closed this for a moment, and removed the download urls.

Our current standard operating procedure for any 3rd party software that accesses the game client or server data is to remove it from the forums.

We are checking with Frontier that this is still the case for you.

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Cool to see that the thread has been reopened and moved to here now that Frontier Development has stated on the 5th of January 2016 that the usage of the API is LEGAL. Source.
Welcome back EDCE. Live long and prosper.

Last edited:
We're baack! Thanks Zac and Brett C!

In further news, Sam Morris joins AnthorNet as collaborator on the project.

EDCE was meant as a proof-of-concept for other developers to learn how to use the Companion API, and to show FD how incredibly positive third-party apps can be when using the Companion API. As such this is why it’s not fully fleshed out comparatively to the other great tools out there.

With that in mind anyone else that wishes to become a collaborator to continue tweaking it, or turn it into a proper library for others to use, please do not hesitate to contact me.

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Andargor. I did a complete overhaul of the EDCE entry in EDCodex. Basically its now the text of your OP, admin note and additional links in the links section. If you want you can become the owner of the entry. Just register, send me or biobob a PM with the email address you used for registering and we have it arranged ;-)

The Engineer update has changed how the API functions. There is an error returned at login, after confirmation, which indicates the following:

Login

Please correct the following:

You must first log in to the game to set up your profile.

This may be related to how profiles are managed in the back-end. I tried logging into the game and logging into the store, but I could not get past this error message yet. Once I (or someone else) will have it figured out, I'll update the EDCE code to recognize the error.

For this that wish to work on this before I can get around to it, this is the HTML code returned with the error, it should become part of the workflow detection in query.py:

Code:
		<div class="errorSummary alert alert-danger">
		<h4>Please correct the following:</h4>
		<ul>
		    		    <li>You must first log in to the game to set up your profile.</li>

</ul>
	</div>

Last edited:
I logged in to the store today, and the API works again. Will look into that error detection at some other time. Like I said, if anyone wants to make a pull request, you are free to do so.

Hi,

Get this error when submitting to EDDN:

EDCE: Error: EDDN postMarketData FAIL submit error: 'Status Code 400 error: FAIL: [<ValidationError: "3186.25 is not of type \'integer\'">]'

Record appears to be this:

{
"baseConsumptionQty": 127.72,
"baseCreationQty": 0,
"buyPrice": 0,
"capacity": 16992,
"categoryname": "Chemicals",
"consumebuy": "8",
"consumptionQty": 16992,
"cost_max": 310.37347826087,
"cost_mean": "120.00",
"cost_min": "124.00",
"creationQty": 0,
"demand": 3186.25,
"demandBracket": 1,
"homebuy": "18",
"homesell": "10",
"id": "128049166",
"market_id": null,
"meanPrice": 120,
"name": "Water",
"parent_id": null,
"rare_max_stock": "0",
"rare_min_stock": "0",
"sec_illegal_max": "2.26",
"sec_illegal_min": "1.15",
"sellPrice": 124,
"statusFlags": [],
"stock": 0,
"stockBracket": 0,
"stolenmod": "0.7500",
"targetStock": 4247,
"volumescale": "1.0000"
},

Hi,

Get this error when submitting to EDDN:

EDCE: Error: EDDN postMarketData FAIL submit error: 'Status Code 400 error: FAIL: [<ValidationError: "3186.25 is not of type \'integer\'">]'

Record appears to be this:

{
"baseConsumptionQty": 127.72,
"baseCreationQty": 0,
"buyPrice": 0,
"capacity": 16992,
"categoryname": "Chemicals",
"consumebuy": "8",
"consumptionQty": 16992,
"cost_max": 310.37347826087,
"cost_mean": "120.00",
"cost_min": "124.00",
"creationQty": 0,
"demand": 3186.25,
"demandBracket": 1,
"homebuy": "18",
"homesell": "10",
"id": "128049166",
"market_id": null,
"meanPrice": 120,
"name": "Water",
"parent_id": null,
"rare_max_stock": "0",
"rare_min_stock": "0",
"sec_illegal_max": "2.26",
"sec_illegal_min": "1.15",
"sellPrice": 124,
"statusFlags": [],
"stock": 0,
"stockBracket": 0,
"stolenmod": "0.7500",
"targetStock": 4247,
"volumescale": "1.0000"
},

Argh. Made a fix in the dev version, can you pull and try to see if that corrects the issue?

just new to this.

in windows i installed python and did a "pip install requests" in console. python: modules requests lists the module.

but "py edce_client.py" says the dependency is missing. can somebody prod me in the right direction?

Top Bottom