Elite Dangerous : Festive Community Meet up | December 10th 2021

I suspect "Access to the bar" is different to "open bar".. Meaning bring your own money for drinks :)
£30 for an open bar is financial suicide. :p

It all sounds like fun, wish I could go. Also props for explicitly mentioning no reveals, even though it could have been hinted at at to 'lure' people. Classy way to go about it. :)

Unfortunately, given the recent discovery of the Omicron Variant of Covid-19, I will not be able to travel to Europe from the U.S. for this event.

For those wiling to take the risk, please enjoy yourselves.

So, cases of this Omicron Variant starting to build up now, and talk about tightening up the rules on all media channels. Are we still all up for this get together next Friday? (Personally I'm double vaxxed, and also got my booster just over a week ago and Flu jab last month.)

Well, I'll be wearing a mask again for quite a while.
So, cases of this Omicron Variant starting to build up now, and talk about tightening up the rules on all media channels. Are we still all up for this get together next Friday? (Personally I'm double vaxxed, and also got my booster just over a week ago and Flu jab last month.)
I probably will be. Got the booster Jab last week but I'm looking forward to actually meeting people again (because Delta killed off proper Lavecon this year).

Well i was going to join you folks but sadly the wife's shift timings have worked against me.
However if you could ply the wonderful Sally and others from FDEV there with a few sherbets i would be grateful if you could push my agenda for the Christmas game store ship kit.

MWDE7VL.png

Fly safe O7

I thought about going, but... well, 6,000 miles each way and all that. (Honestly did think I'd be back for Christmas this year, at which point I'd definitely have risked my life and hopped on a Ryanair flight for it!)
Its a nightmare to get back into Ireland currently also, I just got back from Leeds and had to extend my hotel as I couldnt get a booking with a doctor there to do an official PCR for a week to show Irish customs before I left otherwise id have been stuck in the airport:mad:

Its a nightmare to get back into Ireland currently also, I just got back from Leeds and had to extend my hotel as I couldnt get a booking with a doctor there to do an official PCR for a week to show Irish customs before I left otherwise id have been stuck in the airport:mad:
Brilliant stuff.

I was honest to god >>THIS<< close to booking tickets for Christmas back in early October, the wife knew how homesick I've been. We binned that off when we noticed that even through we're all vaccinated (even our six year old!) we'd end up having to self quarantine until we provided two negative PCRs five days apart.

Our Christmas present to ourselves was going to be tickets back for the summer, cost be damned ($1,200. Each!!!) but with the new Omicron variant plopping out of fate's backside, as well as the government's inability to sort out anything, we're hesitant to assume that even July of 2022 is a reasonably safe bet for a visit.

Honestly man, I'm going spare over here.

Top Bottom