Elite Dangerous | Halloween Event 2023

Was it here or elsewhere that someone said that this signal could be luring in people specifically to fight the Grey Swan pilots? Something about it evolving, if it only makes them target those who are not affected.

The fact that we have CZs might confirm that idea. Whether Frontier plans to have any further narrative implications from this whole thing, only the Far God knows. (It’s less cliché than ‘It’s written in the stars’, okay?

I'll admit to being a little bit cryptic there. Just didn't wanna give a too spoilery spoiler and ruin peoples investigation fun. :)
Allow me to explain myself... (Apologies now if it's rambly)

The comms logs are organised via fractions. There are 10 new comms logs, therefore they're numbered 1/10 to 10/10.
The ones featuring a series of . full stops . have similarities to logs found at the Thetis generation ship. Where there are only 5 in total. (1/5 to 5/5)
I was suggesting adding two of the comms logs (Thetis log 5/5 + Shamash log 8/10) together to find a potential clue.
As I believe the dots ... .. . .. ... are the main puzzle to solve and if you "connect the dots" ie. the comms logs between the Thetis and Shamash beacons, you may see something interesting coming together. At least... I did... I think?

The dotted lines in the two comms are as follows:

The 5th Thetis log contained:
. . . . K . L . . . . . . H . M . . . . . . . . L . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And the 8th Shamash log contained:
. . . . . I . L . . . . T H . . . . . . . . . . O . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . E . . . .

I added them together and got:
. . . . K I L L . . . . T H . M . . . . . . . O L . . . . . . . . . . . . . . E . . . .

I assuming it's says something along the lines of... KILL....THEM.......something something...

Regardless of potential future lore implications and new character introductions, my guess is FDev plan for us to find out what this message really is?
Instead of using the Thetis log why not just place the signal message aligned with the given letters?
Code:
. . . . . I . L . . . . T H . . . . . . . . . . O . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . E . . . .
. . . . K I L L . . . . T H E M . . . . . . . F O R . . . . . . . . . . . . . M E . . . .
The remaining gaps are an interval of 4 4 7 13 4 if that relates to anything 🤷‍♂️

Edit: In addition if you turn the later message dots into morse code you get:
Code:
.. . . ... .. . ... . ... /.. .. . . ... /. ... . ...
IEESIESES - IIEES - ESES
There are 3 characters here. This could be a triliteral / trifid cipher? I can't find any decodings that make sense so far.
Also note that the four letters are specifically capitalized in the spectrograph message: KFME perhaps a cipher key

Last edited:
But the Thetis log and the Shamash log are different lengths.

I am about to explore my current theory that KHONSU GLEAM is an anagram of HONKS MUGS ALE so I am going to honk the Alpha Centauri (Hutton Mug) and Kongga (Kongga Ale) systems to see if there are further clues. o7

But the Thetis log and the Shamash log are different lengths.

I am about to explore my current theory that KHONSU GLEAM is an anagram of HONKS MUGS ALE so I am going to honk the Alpha Centauri (Hutton Mug) and Kongga (Kongga Ale) systems to see if there are further clues. o7
Intriguing...
Could someone please post the Tethis and Shamash logs in their respective original length?
I haven't been to the Tethis, yet. And I don't feel well enough to go there myself.

Instead of using the Thetis log why not just place the signal message aligned with the given letters?

The remaining gaps are an interval of 4 4 7 13 4 if that relates to anything 🤷‍♂️
Maybe we could assume that there is a 4-dot 'start of message' and similar 'end of message' coding, and that 4 dots also separates one word from another...I don't know yet where that leaves us but I feel there is some kind of progress 🤪

Intriguing...
Could someone please post the Tethis and Shamash logs in their respective original length?
I haven't been to the Tethis, yet. And I don't feel well enough to go there myself.
These are the messages in Courier to show character spacing. KILL THEM fits but the second parts of each message msut be different as the L and the O occupy the same 'dot' in each message.

And per my comment above this part of the discussion, if a letter occupies a dot, but the start/end of message and the spaces between words are all 4 dots, then KILL THEM FOR ME can't fit in either message - not without some extra characters we don't know about yet...
....k.l......h.m........l...................
.....i.l....th..........o................e....

These are the messages in Courier to show character spacing. KILL THEM fits but the second parts of each message msut be different as the L and the O occupy the same 'dot' in each message.

And per my comment above this part of the discussion, if a letter occupies a dot, but the start/end of message and the spaces between words are all 4 dots, then KILL THEM FOR ME can't fit in either message - not without some extra characters we don't know about yet...
....k.l......h.m........l...................
.....i.l....th..........o................e....
If we follow your theory, we definitely get two different messages.
But neither "Kill them all" nor "Kill them for me" would fit in there.

3) The CG ends on Wednesday (as noted in the CG description, which is one day before the weekly tick/traditional end time of CGs) revealing everyone has just been duped into killing a bunch of innocent pilots.
But don't let that stop anyone going for that wraith suit reward... as the wraith would say:
kill them for me

Yes, it would be funny if all of the CMDRs doing the CZs now are actually the crazy ones from listening to all those transmissions. I plan to do a few CZs for the swans and see what happens. There’s no way I’ll be in the top 10 anyways.

images.jpg

😛

Code:
. . . . K I L L . . . . T H E M . . . . . . . F O R . . . . . . . . . . . . . M E . . . .

Edit: In addition if you turn the later message dots into morse code you get:
Code:
.. . . ... .. . ... . ... /.. .. . . ... /. ... . ...
IEESIESES - IIEES - ESES
There are 3 characters here. This could be a triliteral / trifid cipher? I can't find any decodings that make sense so far.
Also note that the four letters are specifically capitalized in the spectrograph message: KFME perhaps a cipher key
I tried Morse as well, but without at least one dash character it seems maybe unlikely as the translator - then I wondered if there was any logic where the way the characters were shown could transform some into dashes, but nothing I’ve uncovered yet.

That’s a good point about the caps used in the spectrograph. KTFM…sounds like a US radio station callsign???

It's funny how on one hand there are people complaining that the swans in the CZs don't act like they should for the narrative, not filled with murderous rage nor firing on any ships indiscriminately and then there's also people complaining about the lack of ground CZs, where presumably the insane swans would quite calmly load themselves into dropships to be deposited onto the battlefield where they would then run around defending control points. Truly the behaviour of psychotic minds.

It's funny how on one hand there are people complaining that the swans in the CZs don't act like they should for the narrative, not filled with murderous rage nor firing on any ships indiscriminately and then there's also people complaining about the lack of ground CZs, where presumably the insane swans would quite calmly load themselves into dropships to be deposited onto the battlefield where they would then run around defending control points. Truly the behaviour of psychotic minds.
I was thinking the same thing.

Something else I'm finding funny is the number of people desperately searching for something that isn't there. There's nothing more to the messages, nothing more to the audio of any of the 10 transmissions, and the combat CG IS the continuation and conclusion everyone was asking for and now refusing to accept for what it is.

It would need some new types of CZ scenarios (space and ground) to be ableto convincingly deliver the story.

Space scenarios in which you enter the seemingly empty CZ to get swarmed by waves of crazed enemies dropping in from everywhere, guns blazing. Behaving erratic, trying to ram you if they get close enough. But still showing some remains of their military training. Though I suspect that there might even be some civilians mixed in...
Ground scenarios that have you enter a facility to rescue unaffected civilians while fending off the "zombies" that try to swarm you. Not all of them carrying suits and weapons, some with crowbars and spanners, others just pouncing at you with their bare fists.

Both scenarios might be doable alone, if you got some powerful equipment and a keen set of skills, but in general, it would be better to go in there in a team.

I think it would need some work in the AI department to make scenarios like these really roll.

It looks like my imagination is once again running wild...

I was thinking the same thing.

Something else I'm finding funny is the number of people desperately searching for something that isn't there. There's nothing more to the messages, nothing more to the audio of any of the 10 transmissions, and the combat CG IS the continuation and conclusion everyone was asking for and now refusing to accept for what it is.
You know, on YT, there are a lot of channels that do nothing but set up and discuss theories about certain moments, mysteries or riddles in games, movies and books.
What we do here is not much different and no sign of desparation or denial that this CZ will be the end of this story.

I had left the system already but I just had a question: I got a paint job for scanning the logs before the CZs appeared. Is there possibly another reward for the CZs? What would the requirement be? And are there missions for the combat zones I should have been picking up, cuz I was just going in them and killing Grey Swans until the battle was won a few times before going back to doing what I was doing before the event.

Top Bottom